DarkPoet
Equality_7-2521

Fallout (Pro) vs Elder scrolls (Con)

Started: 12/11/2015 Category: Games

DarkPoet

Pro

With a total of 7 installments the Fallout series is one of the most well known video game series known to gamer kind. The world takes place in the future that the people of the 40's and 50's imagined. This is one of the most unique setting in any game series. While the elder scrolls is more of a typical fantasy game, Fallout's world is more of a what if. What if we had an atomic age instead of the age of the internet. Fallout's game play is also incredible, there is something magical about roaming in the once great city's of the U.S. Fighting super mutants and ghouls on the way.
Equality_7-2521

Con

Although Fallout, compared to the 5 versions of Elder scrolls, has two more installments, metacritic rates Skyrim, the fifth elder scroll, five out of five stars. This has one more star than the 4/5 rating of Fallout 4, the latest installment. Now, many people do not consider metacritic ratings as a reputable source; instead, the majority believes user ratings are much more valuable. Because of this, we will look at the ratings from steam customers. Skyrim has over 100,00 reviews, and is rated extremely high. Also, it is a five year old game, but there is, on average, over 30k players at a time on steam, and thats just steam! Skyrim is also available to pther brands like xbox.

Resources:
https://steamcommunity.com...
http://www.metacritic.com...
DarkPoet

Pro

Fallout is available on Xbox, PC and Playstation as well. Also whats played more doesn't mean a games better. Also currently Fallout 4 is more played than Skyrim at the moment (http://steamcharts.com...) . Back to what I was saying about whats popular isn't always good, the word bae is popular but most of us hate it. And the only reason why most players rate skyrim more that Fallout, is because people don't read the PC requirements for fallout 4 and then go on a rampage because they didnt use common sence and tried to run a new AAA game on there Dell Laptop. And Skyrim is an easier to run game so most computers can run it. (Also remember were focusing on the series all together not just the most recent game)
Equality_7-2521

Con

Although it may be true that Fallout 4 is played more, that is because it is a newer game and is the flavor of the month. I'd like to see fallout 4 have 30k players in 2020 (five years after its release). For example, Fallout: New Vegas, made in 2010, now only has a 1k average of players in game and a negative gain (meaning less and less players are playing it) while skyrim averages 25k players at a time for the last 30 days with a +7% gain (http://steamcharts.com...). Also, popular DOES mean good, and the word "bae" is a outlier. Also, people tend to hate what society does not agree with them. Why does CoD get so much hate if it is the top rated first person shooter? Because the more people that like it also means the more people that hate it. Next, looking at the negative Fallout 4 reviews, the top ten have no complaints about slow frames per second. You want to look at all the games? Elder Scrolls Online, 5, 4, and 3 all have positive gain of players over the last 30 days.
DarkPoet

Pro

Saying that whats popular is better is completely wrong. In your argument you kinda proved your first claim wrong, if Call of Duty is the number one shooter but tons of people hate it, does that make it good? Also what about games like Tetris, or Metal Gear Solid 3. Those games are classified as the best of there class. However not many people actually play it. Now lets not focus on numbers but by actual gameplay. From the Capital Wasteland to the Commonwealth the fallout series is always being improved, I always felt the opposite of the elderscrolls series. Morrowind was for me were the gameplay peaked. And from there on it went down hill. In Oblivion it felt like they were setting up my own path.You try playing as a thieve and try to go through a gate of oblivion. So eventually I just kinda gave up and make my thief into a warrior.Speaking of being a thief, in Oblivion you would be lucky to be able to by a flipping sweet roll with the amount of money you make from thieving. In Fallout however there was constant progression in the series. In fallout 3 they made the world 3D and more of an action RPG (V.A.T.S, more weapons etc) in Fallout NV they made the side faction alot more interesting. And in Fallout 4 A TON WAS ADDED, Base building, Armor and Weapon crafting, A new V.A.T.S, Customizable Pip-Boy Color, A better combat system. I could go on and on!
Equality_7-2521

Con

Equality_7-2521 forfeited this round.
Posted by WadeWilson2222 1 year ago
WadeWilson2222
Now I agree that the Fallout franchise series is a great series, I think that the elder scrolls series is better according to your standards of gameplay. For starters I've personally experienced a lot less glitches and lag from the elder scrolls, where as in the fallout franchise I've noticed a lot of glitches and bugs. Another thing I really enjoy about the elder scroll series is that they are really full of color.