whyt3nn3rdy
lannan13

Fandom Battle

whyt3nn3rdy
Started: 4/18/2012 Category: Arts

whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

Each side will post a new fandom each round, and defend why it should be valued higher than the one that was posted in the argument just before. Essentially, if I post "Twilight" the Con can argue for "Doctor Who." However, in the next round, I have to argue that "The Hunger Games" is better than "Doctor Who." The side that was able to support their fandoms with better arguments will be the side voted for.

First round is for acceptance and acceptance only.
lannan13

Con

whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

whyt3nn3rdy forfeited this round.
lannan13

Con

I honnor your request and skip this round
whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

Harry Potter

I am an avid Potterhead so my first fandom must be Harry Potter.

Harry Potter is a series of books and movies that is about the most compelling and realistic in it's morals. While portraying real life scenarios in it's complete fantasy genre, Harry Potter practically begs it's fans to read/watch on. The sales of Harry Potter have been so dramatic that JK Rowling is richer than the Queen of England. Harry Potter fans are extremely dedicated to the series in both joining fandom groups and buying products that let the fandom live on even more so.

LeakyCon is probably the most prominent convention for this fandom and has thousands of followers every year lining up and buying ticket almost a year in advance. The Harry Potter fandom is riddled with all kinds of ways that the fans promote and encourage more to join simply by reading the books and watching the movies alone, drawing in hundres of people pretty much daily as they learn to pick up the book and join the fandom. No other fandom holds the dedication of this amount of people.

Thanks to my opponent for accepting th is debate, I'm looking forward to a fun one!
lannan13

Con

Warriors by Erin Hunter
I love the warriors series.

reason why it's better then Harry Potter

Religon is involved (Starcaln vs. Darkforest)

People are given magical gifts instead of a wand with powers

It's like countries/ States instead of just a school in England

whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

Merlin

Merlin is a TV series featured on BBC and first aired in the United States n 2008.

Merlin VS. Warriors:

Merlin is ultimately better than the Warriors series because instead of going into the controversy of religion, it depicts the events of Medieval times regarding King Arthur and the round table in a way that interests the viewer far more than reading about the history of it all. It characterizes the people of the time with modern-day traits to keep the viewers interested, instead of depicting them as the more proper image of medieval times that most people first think of.

Merlin sh ould be valued above Warriors because of it's key interest of explaining the legends and myths of Merlin and Arthur in a way that completely captivates and interests the audience. It avoids turning off the audience by not introducing a controversial topic like religion.
lannan13

Con

WWE's Raw vs. Merlin

Raw is currently the longest weekly episodic TV show first aired in 1990. This past Monday it beat MLB on ESPN. (it does this every week)
Merlin is fantasy vs. something real in wrestling
Raw has supperstars like Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rock, Lord Tensi, John Cena, Ric Flare, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Triple H, HBK, etc.
whyt3nn3rdy

Pro

Doctor Who vs WWE's Raw

Raw may have beaten MLB, but that does not make it a better fandom than Doctor Who. Both Raw and Doctor Who are people acting for the entertainment of the audience. However, Doctor Who does this even more so because of the cliff-hangers and actual story-line.

Doctor Who presents a fantasy character traveling through time who takes on companions and fights off aliens using logic instead of mindless violence. Doctor Who also appeals to a much larger audience age-wise. I know many teachers who watch Doctor Who, but not a single one of my older teachers watches Raw.

Just because Con can list off "superstars" does not mean this show is any better than Doctor Who. Anyone can list off characters. Which is exactly what Raw is, a bunch of characters acting.

Voters:

1. I have explained my fandoms and why they should be valued higher more than Con did with his.
2. I have proven that my fandoms should be valued higher due to these descriptions.

For all of these reasons, please vote Pro in today's debate.
lannan13

Con

Dukes of Hazard vs. Dr Who.

Dukes of Hazard is real life crooked politions, bad cops, and people speeding 50 over. It first aired in 1976 and lasted for 7 season due to the death of several actors. Boss Hogg is a crooked politions that forecloses on people in a heart beat and ha a heart black as night.

Warriors vs. Merlin.
warriors is a book series. We can imagine what and were everything is going on and happening. It is almost like the Narnia series preaching the Bible without children even knowing.

Raw vs. Dr. Who
Raw first aired in 1990 and is the longest weekly episodic television show that beats any show on any given night. Plus it even has programs like Be a Star which teaches kids to not bully and to stand up to them. Dr. Who has no such program.
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 4 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
Note: You're not voting for the better fandom...

"The side that was able to support their fandoms with better arguments will be the side voted for."
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 4 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
1. It's common courtesy not to pose arguments that your opponent will never be able to answer.
2. I posed no new arguments.
Posted by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
you never stated that in the first round
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 4 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
I would like to point out that new arguments in the last round about the previous rounds were clearly prohibited. If not, I would have argued new points as well.
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 4 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
ugh, I haven't been able to get to this debate. We'll start at round 3 if that's okay with you. It was probably too many rounds to start with, anyway.
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 4 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
Unfortunately I don't know anything about manga or anime, so it'll be about anything.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
frozen_eclipse
this can be about anything?......i will accept if this is limited to manga and or anime.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
frozen_eclipse
this can be about anything?......i will accept if this s limited to manga and or anime.
Vote Placed by TheBrorator 4 years ago
TheBrorator
whyt3nn3rdylannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: conduct - no new args. last round spell./gramm. - needed full sentences (Con) Args - debate said vote for args, not fandoms sources - no sources
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
whyt3nn3rdylannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: warriors for the win!