chiwawatang
bigdog

Fast Food Franchises Makes Teens Fit a Larger Size, Or The Diet Industry Makes Peaople Skinny

chiwawatang

Pro

I say that now, fast foods make teenagers larger than they are meant to be. Not saying I have never eaten at McDonalds or KFC, but some teenagers eat fast foods a little too often, which leads to, I am not trying to offend anyone here, obese.

I have copied and pasted a peice from another website for you to see.

Millions of Britons would find it impossible to give up fast food like burgers and pizza, according to new research.

Around 45 per cent of the people surveyed about eating habits agreed with the statement "I like the taste of fast food too much to give it up". In the USA the figure was 44 per cent.

Nine thousand people around the world were questioned for the study, carried out by market research firm Synovate and backed up by a BBC investigation.

The study showed a wide range of attitudes towards food and weight. The French were most likely to get on the scales every day. People in Singapore checked their weight least often.

Steve Garton of Synovate said: "People are inherently contradictory and nowhere is it more obvious than on such a sensitive and important issue such as their weight.

"The results show there's a world of people who cannot deny themselves that hamburger or extra piece of pizza, but probably make themselves feel better by washing it down with a diet cola."

I hope you read that with caution. This is just to say, now, teens can get obese easily.

Onto My second point. Teenagers can get obssesed with what they see, like that new dress in the shop window. Also, people get obssesed with weight. I have a friend who is skin and bones, yet, all she can ever say is... I NEED TO LOSE MORE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviosly, this is not true. I am the one who needs to lose weight. I am 60 kg and am only 15.

feel free to take on this challenge...
bigdog

Con

While people are always looking for a reason to blame for their issues, I am more likely to blame the people for their issues. It is a personal choice to eat fast food and it should be done so in moderation as with everything in life.

If you are to blame McDonald's & KFC for obesity, I would suggest to also blame Zenith for inventing the remote controlled TV which allows people to watch endless TV without getting up once.

I worked physical labor for 15 years, within the first month of my office job I gained 15 pounds in comparison to 0 pounds during the time that I was working physical labor.

Eating balanced and healthy is up to the individual person. Whether they choose to or not, they will be the ones directly affected. I personally choose not to eat healthy but I work out on a regular basis to offset my poor eating habits.

We all want an easier life with things always at our fingertips though when these things provide outcomes we don't like, we choose to blame the thing we originally wanted.

Also, their is enough talk in public about the side effects of many things though we choose to defy them (i.e. alcohol, smoking, drugs, not wearing a seatbelt, etc.).
chiwawatang

Pro

chiwawatang forfeited this round.
bigdog

Con

I am not sure why my opponent bailed on me.

Obesity is a problem in this country but again I feel it is up to the individual to choose what they eat. As far as children under 10 go, parents are the ones that need to be responsible to ensure their kids are eating the right foods in life. This is one of the many responsibilities of the parent or guardian of a child.
Vote Placed by danny445 9 years ago
danny445
chiwawatangbigdogTied
Vote Placed by Shorack 9 years ago
Shorack
chiwawatangbigdogTied
Vote Placed by jwebb893 9 years ago
jwebb893
chiwawatangbigdogTied
Vote Placed by bigdog 9 years ago
bigdog
chiwawatangbigdogTied