Fast Food in Public Schools

Con Tied Pro

I believe that fast food should not be allowed in schools because it effects children's health in negative ways. According to, between 16 and 33 percent of children and adolescents in the U.S are obese. If kids become obese outside of school, allowing fast food in schools is ridiculous. Also, public schools are for anyone to get an education, so allowing them to become obese is irresponsible.

i accept and hope for a wonderful debate.

i will be arguing that fastfood should be allowed in "High Schools"

Thank you again and good luck

did you know that according to, between 16 and 33 percent of children and adolescents are obese? well, this is a problem, because our nations children will keep getting more obese, and high school is a very important developmental stage in life, so it would effect them greatly

When looking at the issue of fast food operation whitin our school grounds, it is imperative that we have a full analysis on what the topic relates to and exactly how it affects us as students. My opponent clearly did not or perhaps couldn't show a good analysis on the subject at hand.
I will serve as an opposing force to this topic using these three contentions.

Contention one: obesity
obesity is the number one misunderstood topic in the United States. The role of the government is to find every way possible to protect its citizen and not to claim absolute power by telling them what to eat. Everyone is entitled to the freedom to eat whatever they which without government interference. My opponent uses obesity as one of his contentions; however, he failed to realize that just the banishment of fast food whitin our school ground will make absolutely no change. This will just be a waste of money as well as a waste of the United States Resources.

Contention Two: relationship
I presume that this debate firmly speaks of adolescents, which leads me to my second point. the school and the fast food restaurants both share a very Symbiosis relationship in which the fast food restaurant as well as the school benefits. the school benefits by meeting the needs/ cry for better food whitin the school grounds and the fast food restaurant benefits by asking "EXTRA" money from the adolescents.

NY-noah forfeited this round.

wierdman forfeited this round.
Posted by BillBonJovi 5 years ago
no one would say NO to fast food in school :P
Vote Placed by BillBonJovi 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: better arguments from Pro earn him my points