dav9819
Rmiddleton

Fast a.k.a. fatty food

dav9819

Con

Fast food (particularly in the U.S.A.) is a huge issue. The products, and ingredients used in most fast food is appalling! Let's take McDonald's chicken nuggets for example, they have a glue in them that holds the meat together (because natural chicken needs that), if that's not bad enough the glue is an extreme carcinogen! It blows my mind the stuff fast food restaurants are allowed to feed us! Ask for a nutrition packet the next time you go to Dairy Queen or somewhere similar, it is horrible the stuff that is in our food. I feel as I shouldn't even have to argue this point. My idea is that places like McDonalds and other various fast food establishments should either be forced to pay the extra money for quality, more healthy food, or face an alternative of being shutdown. People used to go to these places because they are fast and cheap. But with raising prices and crazy slow lines I just don't see the incentive of choosing fast food. If it wasn't for addictive substances in their products (I don't understand why they are allowed to do that either) I'm convinced these places would be out of business. They are a strong contributor to the rising heart problems in America, which raises prices in health care area, I don't think it's fair that someone takes time and money from people to sit in a hospital because they can't put down the KFC (is that to rude?). It's just I don't understand how some stuff we eat is legal, or why'd we want to eat it in the first place.
Rmiddleton

Pro

Well my friend the food taste so darn good first, second the advertisement is great and they make us crave it. the commercials are jazzy with catchy songs cleverly organized, the food looks even better on HD these days. Our society has become lazy, families do not have time to cook and the fast food is an easy bail out. Hard to turn down when that big yellow M is all over here in New York City, when your hungry and something fast its available. How can the habits that have been developed in our society change just because someone says "don't eat that its unhealthy" some people think that if something taste good it must be good for you.
dav9819

Con

I will agree it is a cheap, easy alternative. But that's exactly why I feel that they should be forced to use healthier ingredients. They are feeding a good portion of Americans, but yet they are allowed to put stuff that is detrimental, and highly addictive. I don't understand why places are allowed to feed us products that are known to be addictive and cause the majority of our health issues. Also as it was stated in the rebuttal to my argument in round one, most people who consistently eat these foods are unaware of the horrors they are actually eating. This ignorance combined the restaurants that are doing their absolute best to keep their customers ignorant are the primary reason that restrictions need to be placed on the stuff they can put in our food. The common statement that it would cost to much money to do so is also false, fast food restaurants, although most are locally owned and managed, they still gross billions a year as franchises. Mcdonalds alone makes more money a year than some entire countries they supply are worth!
Rmiddleton

Pro

The bottom line is the American society is based on sales and the hustle of making big bucks and if some people die in the process so be it. Those big wigs do not care about the consumer as long as they are spending that cash. I travel to italy and the fast food there is a much better quality, which displays the difference in health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes and cancer. The fast food industry creates jobs which helps the economy and people with jobs pay taxes the system is ugly but its our system, the government is not change anything, according to them the plan is working.
dav9819

Con

dav9819 forfeited this round.
Rmiddleton

Pro

Rmiddleton forfeited this round.
dav9819

Con

dav9819 forfeited this round.
Rmiddleton

Pro

Rmiddleton forfeited this round.
dav9819

Con

dav9819 forfeited this round.
Rmiddleton

Pro

Rmiddleton forfeited this round.