KendasKerman
lol101

Fat Acceptance

KendasKerman

Con

By accepting obesity, you are accepting a long and painful form of suicide. Obesity leads to major health issues and not only that, but are a large drain on the world's resources, costing 2.1 trillion dollars world wide, more expensive than global war expenses, which adds up to 1.7 trillion dollars. Obesity is a major issue and needs to be stopped, not accepted.
lol101

Pro

"By accepting obesity, you are accepting a long and painful form of suicide."

And what happens if you don't accept obesity? Some who cannot accept obesity may choose to tease or harass them. Since this can also cause suicide, I believe teasing obese people is totally wrong.

"Obesity leads to major health issues and not only that, but a large drain on the world's resources, costing 2.1 trillion dollars world wide, more expensive than global war expenses, which adds up to 1.7 trillion dollars."

But wouldn't there also be an increase in finance since obese people buy tons of food? The food industry then makes a ton of cash, so there is good that comes out of it. Also, where did you get this information? Can you site your sources?

"Obesity is a major issue and needs to be stopped, not accepted."

Just because it needs to stop doesn't mean you cannot accept obesity. You can technically do both. You can make sure that they thin from exercising and eating healthier food, but you can still accept the fact that they are indeed obese. I think it's fine to put a stop to obesity, but since you are saying that obesity shouldn't be accepted, this means you are suggesting we do the contrary to accepting obesity. The opposite would be nonacceptance.

Nonacceptance-"an unwillingness to grant something asked for"

I think it would be immoral to resort to nonacceptance just because some people are obese.
KendasKerman

Con

"And what happens if you don't accept obesity? Some who cannot accept obesity may choose to tease or harass them. Since this can also cause suicide, I believe teasing obese people is totally wrong."

I have never stated I believe in teasing or harassing, you are accusing me of believing something that I would never agree with. I do not hate fat people, I hate the disease that affects them. It is good to know we both agree upon that, though. And by not accepting obesity, you are stating you stand against a disease that is ravaging the world.

"But wouldn't there also be an increase in finance since obese people buy tons of food? The food industry then makes a ton of cash, so there is good that comes out of it. Also, where did you get this information? Can you site your sources?"

There may be an increase in finances, however, what are those finances going to? They are going to fast food companies, which I garantee is not funding the research and medicine against it. And by what you are stating, I see that you seem to believe that losing human lives is fine as long as McDonald's earn a few more bucks? I am not well known for my moral capability, but I know that that is NOT good.

Also, sorry for failing to cite, here it is:
Berenson, Tessa. "Obesity Now Costs The World $2 Trillion A Year."Time.Com"(2014): N.PAG."MasterFILE Premier. Web. 8 July 2015.

"Just because it needs to stop doesn't mean you cannot accept obesity. You can technically do both. You can make sure that they thin from exercising and eating healthier food, but you can still accept the fact that they are indeed obese. I think it's fine to put a stop to obesity, but since you are saying that obesity shouldn't be accepted, this means you are suggesting we do the contrary to accepting obesity. The opposite would be nonacceptance."

I am sorry, but this seems to be a failure in communication, I accept the fault. By "Obesity Acceptance" I meant pretending that those of heavy weight are normal and healthy and do not need help. My proposal is stating that those obese are NOT normal, and NOT healthy, and NEED help.

So, what I am unwilling to grant, is my belief that they are healthy and that they deserve the same treatment as fit people, but I do believe that they deserve that if they are willing to return to a fit state and do so.

Also, it is not just "some people". 2 billion people worldwide are obese. It is far too "large" to ignore. I got this information from that same source.
lol101

Pro

lol101 forfeited this round.
KendasKerman

Con

KendasKerman forfeited this round.
lol101

Pro

lol101 forfeited this round.
KendasKerman

Con

KendasKerman forfeited this round.
lol101

Pro

Sorry for the forfeiture. Although, I think it's very unfair for you to change the meaning and topic of the debate. I came in thinking it was about nonacceptance. My argument still stands.
KendasKerman

Con

KendasKerman forfeited this round.
lol101

Pro

Once again, I put my rebuttal forth against you. It's unfair for you to literally change what I assumed to be the meaning. Vote Pro.
Posted by KendasKerman 1 year ago
KendasKerman
Yes, I did learn that, and I have cited my sources now.
Posted by Kozu 1 year ago
Kozu
Each side gets 3 days to post a response, usually.
You should also post your sources in the debate as well.
Posted by KendasKerman 1 year ago
KendasKerman
They have yet to reply. Do I win now?
Posted by mentalist 1 year ago
mentalist
Obese people are just easier targets. Governmental corruption, wasteful spending on things like an over sized defense budget, nonsensical wars and white collar crime are issues that truly sap the world's resources. It has been shown that increased sugar and the overproduction of foodstuffs is the major reason for the rise in obesity.
Posted by KendasKerman 1 year ago
KendasKerman
I am debating the acceptance of fat people around the world. I do not believe that they should be accepted, and should be looked down upon. Sorry for any confusion.
Posted by Kozu 1 year ago
Kozu
@mfigurski
For the vast majority, obesity is a choice.

I was really just making a comical remark, not necessarily one about this debate.
Posted by Lee001 1 year ago
Lee001
Con, what are you exactly debating here?
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
First off @kozu, whaaaa? It's like having a permit for a disease, or an addiction.

Second, where was this information found? If you think about it, shouldn't obesity INCREASE profit, since you put less money into making the food and people buy more of it?

And... are you really against fat people in general?
Posted by Kozu 1 year ago
Kozu
People should be required to have a permit to be obese.