Soshifreak99
PhoenixWrong

Fathers should not have a say in whether the mother keeps or aborts the child

PhoenixWrong

Soshifreak99

Pro

I believe that fathers should have no say in whether a women gets a abortion or not. I have 3 main arguments regarding this issue.

Here are my arguments.

1. fathers don't face the burden of carrying a child

2. Most fathers are not in there child's life

3. Having the child or having an abortion effects the mother more.

Whoever excepts this debate, I am looking forward to the arguments you will present.
PhoenixWrong

Con

Look at it this way, to have a child you must have two people, a woman and a man. So how is it fair if the woman is the only one who gets a say? I understand that the woman is the one who goes through labor, but the process of making a child includes the man (or the husband in this case) so it doesn't seem fair that the man doesn't get a say.
Soshifreak99

Pro

Just a side note. Sexual intercourse is not the only way to produce a child. A male does not have to be present to make a child. Now on to my arguments.

The first argument i made was that the father does not face the burden of carrying the child. A father will never understand what it is like to have a child and how it tremendously effects the mothers life and health (as well as the father but not as much as the mother) in many ways. A man isn't effected the way a women is. The most the male will have to do is support the child and mother. That is all. A mother has to face 9 painfull months while the father lives on with the rest of his life. That's how I feel about that.

The Second argument is that most fathers aren't even in the child's life so why would you need to have a say if your not gonna be there. Most men try to deny that the child is there's so they don't have to give up there life. While the mother has to deal with health and financial issues. It would not be fair to the mother if the father tells her to abort the child so he doesn't have to be a father early in life but what if the mother wants to keep it.

Last argument was that it effects the mother more. Think about it. When did a man ever have to go through the physical and mental part of birth. They never have had to so its not there place to give a opinion.

Most importantly it's the women's body not the males. You don't make decisions for other people's bodies.
PhoenixWrong

Con

I don't quite get your side note there, you say " Sexual intercourse is not the only way to produce a child. A male does not have to be present to make a child." Which is true somewhat. However it still requires a man's semen to make a child. Not only that it would also be somewhat impractical to have a child any other way than sexual intercourse(aside from adoption). Anyways, you say "The most the male will have to do is support the child and mother. " the thing that bothers me is that you act like that isn't a big deal. But what you have just done is proven that a man has quite a substantial role in child birth! Supporting the mother and whatever other family members who live with them could be considered the most important part, meaning that the man might have to work two or more jobs to support the household(pay taxes, pay for food, etc.) You say "A mother has to face 9 painfull months while the father lives on with the rest of his life." However, don't you think the father suffers as well? Trying to support the household(as I stated previously.) that can be a bit stressful. Then you go on to say "The Second argument is that most fathers aren't even in the child's life so why would you need to have a say if your not gonna be there." Your whole second argument is based around circumstance. Not all men try to deny that the child is theirs. Not all men want to abort the child. Now in your last argument you say that it affects the mother more? Well, that's an opinion, some people say it affects the mother more, and some people say it affects the father more. Your whole argument is circumstantial, and would not apply to all mothers and fathers.
Soshifreak99

Pro

We all know it takes a mans semen to create a child however you said it takes two to make a child and the point i was making is that a child can be made without the presence of a male\male body part. The point is that it's just as easy to make a child without the presence of a man so just because the man is present does not give him the right to what will happen to the child. I hope you understood that. Also It's not impractical to have a child without sexual intercourse. There is also artificial insemination.

Anyways you stated that i act like its not a big deal. To be honest it's not for most men. nowadays in society the male is looked at as the house hold figure. The one that has the good job and holds the family together right. So it should not be hard for a man to give up some money for the child he's the father of. The father does not suffer like a Mother. You are making it seem as if the father is paying for all that stuff by himself which he isn't. The mother would have a job as well.

I never said all men. I stated most men which is true. A lot of children that are born unexpectedly do not have fathers as they get older because most of them don't want to take the responsibility of being a father. If the mother doesn't get an abortion like they ask, they end up walking away from the situation.

It's a true fact the birth effects the mother more. For exampe When a mother gives birth the male body does not change. The mother is the one who has all the Extra weight from the pregnancy. No my argument may not apply to all mothers and father however it does apply to majority.
PhoenixWrong

Con

I have to start off my argument by saying, it's been a pleasure debating with you. You say "Anyways you stated that i act like its not a big deal. To be honest it's not for most men."? It might be for most men, working multiple jobs while the woman is in labor. Then you go on to say "I never said all men. I stated most men which is true." Like I said earlier, this is circumstantial, there is no way for you to know this for certain. Then you say "It's a true fact the birth effects the mother more. For exampe When a mother gives birth the male body does not change. " Don't you think that the man could be suffering mentally from having more than one job, which in most cases suffering mentally is worse than suffering physically. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're argument is biased in some way. Anyways, there is no way for you to prove your "facts" as you have not shown any evidence or sources.
Posted by AnonyFeline 3 years ago
AnonyFeline
Both parties in this debate are expressing more assumptions, subjective opinion, and personal attacks on stance and thought process rather than exercising in logical reasoning. Dispassionate rational argument is the goal.
Posted by AnonyFeline 3 years ago
AnonyFeline
Both parties are equal participants in the sexual act and are equally responsible for the pregnancy in the event of conception. Both parties should have an equal voice in ANY and ALL the choices associated in that pregnancy. *(please see my comments in the opinion section on the same subject)
Posted by Zhege 3 years ago
Zhege
Pro's first opening point is true and the third point holds true due to the first point. The second point is not. From the CB (Census Bureau) only one in every three families the biological father is not present (http://www.census.gov...). It's not even close to 1/3 because that counts fathers that are dead, imprisoned, and divorced parents even if the father is active in the child's life. Father's that legitimately abandon are very few and some of them the mothers are to blame. I personally know of two cases where the mothers purposely moved away from the father making it very difficult for them. We should also mention that courts by default grant the child to the mother if she can support herself at all (in which her parents generally help if they can't just to guarantee custody) and this skews the statistics more than anything as to why the mother is present in most cases over fathers.
Posted by MacGruber 3 years ago
MacGruber
Thats a really shitty general assumption you've made in your opening statement. I am biased from here on out.
Posted by Masterdebater1996 3 years ago
Masterdebater1996
First off, might I add that both of the opponents did put up a good argument; however, none of them used any sources. That is a problem - when one says "it is fact," there should be some sort of back up on that factual information otherwise it is more so opinion. How do we, the readers, know what is the truth? Anyways, back to my point. I would say that any man, or woman should have a say in the child situation. Unless it is a very unique situation, such as rape, mental issues, physical problems... etc. The father is just as important as the mother, especially when this is a couple involvement. It shouldn't matter if the child was planned or not, both parents should have an opinion as to what they think is best, and then work out any compromises. Yes, I do have to agree with the statement that most men leave before the child is born, or in the early months, and for that, they are (as my boyfriend would refer to them) a pu$$y. It is not right to leave someone when they are expecting, it means you are irresponsible and not mature enough to handle a kid. If in that instant, the mother is sure the father will leave her at any moment, then the mother should have more of an opinion as to whether keeping the child or not. Still, both partners should have a say, even in this generation.
Posted by Soshifreak99 3 years ago
Soshifreak99
I don't believe in traditional family so i don't believe that it's the fathers job to protect and do all the financial things. A women can easily do those jobs. Society thinks thats the mans job but I don't. Also abortion is not a bad thing if the fetus is not developed yet. Also what about rape and incest. I don't think a women would want to have a rapist child
Posted by PhoenixWrong 3 years ago
PhoenixWrong
Exactly, my point. I don't get as to why this person thinks that mothers are the only ones who take care of children
Posted by GlobalThinker 3 years ago
GlobalThinker
I don't quite get what you mean by fathers don't involve in their child's life anyway? is that from a subjective point of view or fact based assumption? I don't quite get what you mean there. Fathers are the bridge or the tunnel of the family who traditionally responsible for financial issues and someone who protects family as a whole. Fathers who are avoiding the situation should not say a word of child's abortion but not all of them. Secondly, Child should not be aborted in no matter what. Because there are people who risks for their life to put in labor for child who might be considered unhealthy or unusual. So with all the respect to such parents you shouldn't even consider erasing one because you want to avoid the situation.
Vote Placed by TrotskyistRebel 3 years ago
TrotskyistRebel
Soshifreak99PhoenixWrongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Seriously? I mean come on Pro. Con reinforced my view on this topic, he had better conduct, not to mention he was speaking logically, and I don't know where you're getting your sources from lady.
Vote Placed by MacGruber 3 years ago
MacGruber
Soshifreak99PhoenixWrongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wasn't even the greatest debater in this, but he was objective and intelligent about what he said while thoroughly refuting the base and bitter disposition the Pro has constituted. He was objective, hence the conduct vote, as an attempt at objectivity, AT LEAST, is a good idea. Pro, work on that. Cuz your argument sucked.
Vote Placed by Juris_Naturalis 3 years ago
Juris_Naturalis
Soshifreak99PhoenixWrongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't realise that the child is just as much his as it is the woman's
Vote Placed by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
Soshifreak99PhoenixWrongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro used highly bias and circumstantial logic... Her logic appeared very one-sided and bias, so I gave Con Conduct. All around, with Pro's highly circumstantial argument, I can't quite say she was convincing, either.