JMM99
Mhykiel

Feeding at the Zoo

Mhykiel

JMM99

Pro

First round is for acceptance and your first argument.Let me brief you in on the story. So recently my local zoo sparked controversy when some children witnessed the feeding of a snake. The snake was being fed a rabbit. Parents are now saying that the feeding of the animals should be kept private. What do you think? The feeding times are also posted on signs outside of the habitat very plainly. I dont think the animals should be fed in private.
Mhykiel

Con

Have you ever seen a man with a beard eating a rack of ribs? That is the most disgusting thing ever. It's mind boggling how, or even if he cleans that beard. All that dripping fat and bbq suace all over the place. THAT is eating that should be kept private.

There are some things the young republic of children should not be exposed to at such an early age. That kind of violence at the zoo should be rated M or 17+. You don't see those things being filmed and broadcasted on PBS?

I accept this challenge and good luck to my opponent.
JMM99

Pro

JMM99 forfeited this round.
Mhykiel

Con

Before touching on animals eating, lets address humans eating together. In the old days we sat with strangers and ate in public. Slowly but surely there is a movement for private dining. People don't want the public watching them eat, even if it is a public restruant. http://restaurant-ingthroughhistory.com...

I have not talked to many snakes, I'm not Harry Potter, but I imagine they don't being watched while they eat either. Snakes inthe wild usually ambush and eat their prey in the shadows. They are cold blooded, so why do they elect to eat things in the dark? Embarrassed. Some times those rats fight back and then you have to choke down your food. Not the most suave thing to accomplish.

Then lets look at the violence of the situation. School age children of that age are not recommended to watch movies or play games that have human on human violence. Is the rabbit human? No. But the it has 2 legs and 2 arms, 2 eys, ears, and a mouth. I'm sure a lot of those kids felt more empathy for the dieing screaming rabbit then the snake which has n arms. This just reinforces the Boogey Man theoryin these kids. Suggesting to them that there are monsters that will eat them up, like the snake just ate the rabbit.

In this modern day age no kid has to be tuaght "the facts of life". Anyone can go to the store and buy food. They never even have to see blood. I know some people that don;t know what animal hot dogs come from. To be honest I'm not sure what hot dogs come from. Or saltine crackers, who knows?

Obviously, kids of this age should not be exposed to such violence becuase they will growup and be killers. It's not something that should be shown in public. It's embarrasing to the animals. So vote Con.
JMM99

Pro

JMM99 forfeited this round.
Mhykiel

Con

I extend my arguments.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
JMM99MhykielTied
Vote Placed by n7 3 years ago
n7
JMM99MhykielTied