Radio_DjSmash91.5
xXCryptoXx

Females are better students than males.

xXCryptoXx

Radio_DjSmash91.5

Pro

This debate is going over if females are better students than male students (though this debate is very simple i want to try something new because i have another account I've been using for three months). This round is acceptance only. We will have two argument rounds having own contentions and the last round will be a conclusion round. Thank you in advance to whomever accepts my challenge.
xXCryptoXx

Con

I accept thine challenge.
Radio_DjSmash91.5

Pro

Radio_DjSmash91.5 forfeited this round.
xXCryptoXx

Con

I would first like to note that my opponent has the full burden of proof to show that females are better than males as students, seeing that as a default view they would both share an equal status, and my opponent instigated the debate.

If at no point does my opponent show sufficient evidence for the resolution, I win this debate.

Now despite what you all may think, there are some certain psychological aspects to intelligence males and females are born with. I do not deny this. It is up to my opponent to argue that the aspects that are generally inherent to females actually make females better students than males.

I would like to note by supporting this resolution, my opponent is basically arguing that rather than humans being held up to their own individual standards on how well they do in school, it is focused more on the actual gender of the human person.

I argue that this is preposterous!

First I will present scientific evidence for differences among females and males when learning.

“Although no single finding has unanimous support, conclusions from multiple studies suggest that females, on average, score higher on tasks that require rapid access to and use of phonological and semantic information in long-term memory, production and comprehension of complex prose, fine motor skills, and perceptual speed. Males, on average, score higher on tasks that require transformations in visual-spatial working memory, motor skills involved in aiming, spatiotemporal responding, and fluid reasoning, especially in abstract mathematical and scientific domains.”(1)

What does this mean? It means that by the way male and female brains develop; they are able to learn different things at different speeds.

For example, females tend to excel in reading and writing, whereas males tend to excel in mathematics and science. (2)

In no way however, do these differences affect whether a certain gender is a better student than the other.

One cannot argue that a certain gender is better than the other because of the gender itself, but rather each individual must be judged based on certain actions he or she takes due to their own personal choice.

If females got worse grades on average than males because they generally choose not to try hard in school (this is completely made up), then this doesn’t mean males are inherently better at making good grades than females, but rather females have a random tendency to not try hard in school.

To say that females are better students than males would be to say that females are inherently better through their very genetics, psychological development, ect. Rather than how the students choose to focus in class, do their homework, study for tests, ect.

I argue each individual, regardless of gender, must be judged on how good they are as a student off their choices to work hard and do well in school rather than be judged off gender alone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

http://www.judithkleinfeld.com...

Radio_DjSmash91.5

Pro

Radio_DjSmash91.5 forfeited this round.
xXCryptoXx

Con

Extend arguments.
Radio_DjSmash91.5

Pro

Radio_DjSmash91.5 forfeited this round.
Posted by Solomon_Grim 1 year ago
Solomon_Grim
Girls show to be more adverage. Guys are either really bad, or really amazing.
Vote Placed by drafterman 1 year ago
drafterman
Radio_DjSmash91.5xXCryptoXxTied
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 1 year ago
MassiveDump
Radio_DjSmash91.5xXCryptoXxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Men are clearly better at learning how to debate. (FF)