WilliamsP
benito_felipe

Females are the victims of sexism.

WilliamsP

WilliamsP

Pro

I claim and firmly believe that females are the victims of sexism.

I look forward to debating this topic with anyone that does not agree with my view. I will begin making my arguments starting in round two, as this first round is only for acceptance.
benito_felipe

Con

Ok, before you say that I support sexism...I DON'T

The way you worded your question, it made it sound like women are the SOLE victims of sexism. And I don't think this is the case.

Sexism affects both males and females. They are both given unrealistic expectations by society.

For example, people saying men have to be strong, dominant, and natural leaders. Not all men are comfortable in this position
WilliamsP

Pro

Before we begin, I would like to point out that this debate is only about females being the victims of sexism. I am aware that men are subject to sexism as well, but women are at a higher level. Now, let's begin:

Equal pay
"Women 'receive only 77 cents for every dollar a man earns.'" [1]

Now, this statistic isn't fully accurate, but it provides an overview of the discrimination women face in the workplace. A female and male can have the same credentials, identical work schedule, and and identical profession, but the male will always earn more. I do not understand why they can be paid equally.

Job opportunities
I will provide you an example: A male graduates at the top of his class from Harvard University. A year later, a female graduates at the top of her class from the same university. They have identical credentials. They then apply for the exact same job. A majority of the time, the male will get the job just because of his sex. This is wrong.

Pornography
I have never watched pornography nor will I ever view it, but I can say this: Pornography is unjust towards women. A majority of women performing in pornography only do so because they need the money desperately. When they are being banged by two men in a hardcore porn video, she is not enjoying it like the viewer would assume. She may be screaming, "Oh yeah," but she is really thinking, "I hope this is over soon! Oh, that hurts!" I am not trying to be graphic or disgusting, but this example perfectly illustrates my point.

Source

[1] http://www.politifact.com...
benito_felipe

Con

Ok, I'm agreeing with everything that you're saying....so is this debate over?

I think I just misunderstood the question. I tend to over analyze things.
WilliamsP

Pro

This is rather interesting. How about you make a point and we go on from there?
benito_felipe

Con

benito_felipe forfeited this round.
benito_felipe

Con

benito_felipe forfeited this round.
WilliamsP

Pro

My opponent forfeits.
benito_felipe

Con

benito_felipe forfeited this round.
Posted by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
Codemeister13, I will actually do something different the next time. I will call the debate, "Both Men and Women are the victims of sexism," and I will be on the Pro side.
Posted by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
As a note to Williams, if you'd like to try again with this debate, I'd be up to debate this with you, should benito not return. I do have a question first though. Are you claiming that /only/ females are victims of sexism or are you just stating that they're victims but either sex can be a victim?
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
WilliamsPbenito_felipeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument were so good, that even his opponent was agreeing.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
WilliamsPbenito_felipeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession