omfg_ds_69
Mirza

Females have a harder life than males

omfg_ds_69

Pro

Females have a harder life than men starting as soon as they begin their first menstrual period. Not only is it annoying but it is also painful. Physical symptoms: Breast tenderness, bloating, headache, swelling of the extremities, fatigue, and cramps. Emotional symptoms: Depression, angry outbursts, irritability, anxiety, confusion, social withdraw, mood changes.

http://www.knowmycycle.com...

Females also have the role of child birth. You have all of the un-wanted symptoms of pregnancy then the painful birth 9 months later. For example frequent urination, severe mood swings, insomnia etc. etc.

Then of course there are the smaller but equally annoying things like bodily maintenance expectations . .such as shaving our legs, arm pits etc. plucking our eye brows, taking extra time for make up and hair. etc. etc.

All of which men never have to go through. . .
Mirza

Con

The resolution states that females have harder lives than males. In order for that to be proven, my opponent will have to make it evident that in general, females deal with more problem
ms than males, and that their nature is more severe than that of males. That being said, she will have to use the entire world to prove her case right, not only her own country.

Arguments and rebuttals

Pro stated that females have a harder life than males "as soon as they begin their first menstrual period." So, a temporary state of hardship is enough for one to conclude that females live harder lives than males? Now, my opponent mentions quite a lot of emotional consequences of menstruation, such as depression and anxiety. However, there is no doubt that females are very good at helping each others emotionally. You always see them share tears, hugs, etc., whenever someone from their company is let down by something.

Is this the case with males? No. Males go through emotional pain, but due to societal factors, they feel that sharing emotions with their male friends is very painful, even embarrassing. Moreover, males get into a lot more physical fights than females do. This harms them not only physically, but also mentally. As I said, it is harder for males to deal with emotional problems because they are naturally less defensive against them than females are, and they have less willingness and acceptance from others to actually solve their mental problems the same way females do.

Moving on, in many cultures, the male has to work and provide food and shelter for his family, including the wife (i.e., the female). This is a norm in poor countries, which makes it harder for males because they do not work in offices, but mining fields, and so forth. Now, I wish to ask my opponent to make her case before I move on. Thanks.
omfg_ds_69

Pro

" So, a temporary state of hardship is enough for one to conclude that females live harder lives than males? " It makes situations even more stressful . . not only do women face the everyday challenges men do but also deal with other things like menstrual period and symptoms on top of it.

" However, there is no doubt that females are very good at helping each others emotionally. You always see them share tears, hugs, etc., whenever someone from their company is let down by something.

Is this the case with males? No. Males go through emotional pain, but due to societal factors, they feel that sharing emotions with their male friends is very painful, even embarrassing." Not all men feel this way, I have seen plenty of males helping each other out emotionally. . It is a choice to share or bottle up your emotions. And there are always councilors you can speak to privately if it is viewed as an issue.
Mirza

Con

"It makes situations even more stressful . . not only do women face the everyday challenges men do but also deal with other things like menstrual period and symptoms on top of it."

I have already addressed this. Even if I do agree that menstruation is painful, it says too little or nothing about the hypothesis that women have harder lives than men. Men are expected to work. In many cultures across the world, men are obliged to work while women have the option to do so - not obligation. If we compare this to menstruation, which side bears a greater burden?

"Not all men feel this way, I have seen plenty of males helping each other out emotionally. . It is a choice to share or bottle up your emotions. And there are always councilors you can speak to privately if it is viewed as an issue."

There are always some sort of exceptions. Pro erroneously mistakes exceptions with general truths. Since my opponent has not made many arguments, I will not come with long rebuttals. It is clear that she did not provide any strong arguments; at least not ones that I could not refute.

The resolution goes through a sex-change surgery and evolves to... Females do not necessarily have a harder life than males - And I agree! Thanks.
omfg_ds_69

Pro

Women deal with a period every three weeks. . .You are saying that because of men being obligated to work this is not true . . . These days men are NOT obligated to work. They may stay home while the women works . . its perfectly normal. Women are expected to continue to complete tasks, like work and such even when they are in pain such as their menstrual period and also until a certain point in pregnancy which is very tedious.
Mirza

Con

My opponent barely makes any new arguments, nor does she strengthen her earlier ones whatsoever. She said that these days, men are not obliged to work. Yes, not in your country. The resolution does not mention your country. The resolution does not generalize any culture. Therefore, as I said, the entire world is in this debate, and my opponent has the burden of proof. She has to prove that females have harder lives than males. Notice how the resolution precisely implies that by definition, females have harder lives than males. This is not the case. Neither of the genders have to have harder lives than the opposite gender. It can depends on culture, society, social status, etc.

The pain that say, a high school girl might suffer from due to menstruation might be equivalent to the pain a boy has to suffer from because he is being beaten by other students. The chances that a boy gets into a physical fight are greater than the chances that a girl gets into a physical fight. That is due to the more aggressive nature of the male. On top of that, most wars are fought by men, not women. Many men cannot choose but to enter the army and engage in battles. This can result in brutal consequences.

Decision-making for abortion usually lies on the side of the female. Although the male can be very disturbed by the fact that his girlfriend or wife chooses to abort an unborn child - his unborn child - he should most probably just live with it. The pain that results from this can be compared to menstruation pains.

My opponent has the burden of proof, and I await further arguments. She has to prove that by definition, females have harder lives than males. In fact, she also has to prove that menstruation constitutes a harder life, if she wishes to use that as her main argument. The resolution is negated.
omfg_ds_69

Pro

omfg_ds_69 forfeited this round.
Mirza

Con

Thanks. No new arguments in the last round for me.
Posted by MsFuhri 3 years ago
MsFuhri
This shouldn't be too hard Pro; the argument that men can't show emotions is weak. Men are as dominant, controlling and aggressive as the law will permit; we are the ones who compromise out of necessity. *luck
Posted by lovelife 3 years ago
lovelife
Not to give pro any arguments but in countries that mirza idolizes women are required to work, and may need to work two jobs.

Cleaning house and caring for children is a full time job, with 0 days off, and 0 pay.
Posted by LiquidLiquid 3 years ago
LiquidLiquid
*luck
Posted by LiquidLiquid 3 years ago
LiquidLiquid
Interesting, good look Pro, Mirza has had a few debates already.
Posted by omfg_ds_69 3 years ago
omfg_ds_69
This is the first debate I have ever had . . . of course there will be flaws, and I will probaly lose . . . but I don't care because practice makes perfect . . . So to the person that made that harsh 4th comment . . . go else where with your rude feedback.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 3 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
cmon, a dude is hard all the god damn time.
Posted by 01010110 3 years ago
01010110
omfg_ds
while women also take on the responsibility of providing for their family it is not nearly in the same way that men have to provide for their family or be seen as useless. in a devoice the man is likely to be not allowed to see his children, and is expected to pay child support.
men by the mandates of social norms aren't allowed to express emotions publicly and as a result typically bottle up emotions rather than discussing problems.
a direct result of that is that men are much more likely to commit suicide.
funding for diseases that effect only women get much more funding than diseases that effect only men. that coupled with the aforementioned emotional burden that society puts on men to not show emotion makes men not live as long as women.
men also have an older retirement age, so they live shorter and work longer than women.
women can use their body to get what they want,
they can cover up flaws in their appearance where men are stuck with them.
men are vilified by media, women are made out to be victims.IE domestic abuse, while women are the aggressors nearly as often as men most people view it as something men do to women, men are always the violent ones women are always the victim.
Posted by pravnath 3 years ago
pravnath
YES, FEMALES DO HAVE A HARDER LIFE IN GENERAL(AS IT IS COMMONLY SEEN), BUT MUCH OF THIS 'HARD LIFE' DEPENDS ON THE PERSON,HOW AND WHAT HE LEADS HIS/HER LIFE INTO. IT IS ONLY THE ACTIONS OF A PERSON THAT MAKES THE LIFE HARDER. ALL THE THINGS omfg_ds_69 HAS MENTIONED ARE PURELY BIOLOGICAL AND NATURAL. AND IF PEOPLE HAVE LIVED WITH THESE THINGS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF HUMAN RACE (in fact these these things happen in almost all forms of life ) HOW IT MAKES LIFE HARDER NOW??
Posted by Sky_ace25 3 years ago
Sky_ace25
I think this debate is absolutely pointless, people go through harder lives depending on the situation they are born in. Gender has absolutely **** to do with it.
Posted by Danielle 3 years ago
Danielle
I don't think Pro will do a good job of defending this resolution, but I think I could.
Vote Placed by innomen 3 years ago
innomen
omfg_ds_69MirzaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should have been able to muster a better argument than that. Con was more comprehensive in his argument and actually responded in all of the rounds.
Vote Placed by m93samman 3 years ago
m93samman
omfg_ds_69MirzaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited and was rather unresponsive. No real debate here.