talbess
Spuunz

Females should not be able to apply for a role as police officers.

talbess

Pro

Due to the non threatening nature and disregard of female police officers they have no position in our countries legal system. They are treated with disrespect and that will never change. A suspect is less likely to comply with the orders of a female cop and a very high majority of female officers travel with a male officer so what is the point of it anyway?

I do understand how in some rape or similar situations a female victim is more inclined to speak to the same gender, however we have counselors, psychiatrists and other positions to deal with that issue. When the law needs to be uphold and maintained it should be done with a strong image.

It is not only dangerous for a woman to enter a field where their lack of strength in comparison to a man is naturally less and their actions always judged because people already lack confidence in the role of a female officer. In conclusion there are plenty of other fields women can go into (Law, etc) which serve the same cause as an officer.
Spuunz

Con

I think that this is quite a delicate subject and I am actually quite outraged that someone would consider debating this topic. Firstly I think that your argument is exceptionally sterio typical because everyone has the perception that women are weak and not able to hold their own in a tough situation but I think that just because they are perceived this way by the more "superior" race they are not to be taken lightly, infact most of the women I know are alot mentally tougher and to be honest alot more resilient. I think this is not a valid point and your arguments are sexist and frankly bang out of order. I think maybe you should consider what things are worth debating and most importantly what things are appropriate to be debating in today's society
talbess

Pro

The subject of women rights should not be treated as delicate. Why should it be given special treatment over other debates. Your personal emotion on the subject should not matter and I shall not comment about it. However you are asking that the topic of females in a job of power shouldn't be talked about. Yet however women, all over the world seem to rally, march and protest the topic.

In my argument I never once pointed out men as a "superior" race. Women are talented at many things men are not and I notice that. I only stated that women can be put under threat when confronted in a situation where the suspect (assuming he is male) would most likely be stronger then the officer due to natural muscle build.

I notice how my arguments could be perceived as sexist but I think for the safety of female officers, who could be a mother and the safety of the general public this is a matter worth addressing. Finally the personality shouldn't be used since you have no evidence on the matter.
Spuunz

Con

Spuunz forfeited this round.
talbess

Pro

talbess forfeited this round.
Spuunz

Con

Spuunz forfeited this round.
Posted by talbess 5 years ago
talbess
This is ridiculous. I have been waiting for ages for my opposition to structure a simple reply.
Posted by talbess 5 years ago
talbess
In my last argument my last sentence I forgot to include that I was referring to the personalities of women he knows.
Posted by Danielle 5 years ago
Danielle
If this were actually a serious debate, it would be inappropriate to carry on a debate in the comments section that basically hands both sides (Pro and Con) arguments.
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
1. You mean things that you can eradicate with laughing gas, tear gas, guns, tazers, etc.?

2. Cops do not have to be violent, and male cops are EXCESSIVELY violent.

3. It's not unnecessary. This is about abuse of rights on the job.

4. This is not a natural instinct. This is what they are taught to do by society. Obviously if females are taught to be emotional and males are taught not to be emotional, females will use emotional sides of their brain (since brains control activity, duh).

5. Male cops have severe judgment issues, which is why they use excessive force. Female can handle "life and death situations" just as well as males can. Males are not inherently superior.

Why do we even put up with this crap? We should all commit suicide and let males wallow in their misery.

6. They were decorated BECAUSE they were important. Obviously male contribution overshadowed their contribution because they were relatively few in number and because they were not permitted to become combat troops. How can someone be important to a cause if they are not permitted to participate? Over 50% of the unit was decorated.
Posted by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
1. Not at all. Try going into a fight or a mob with your "technology."

2. Male cops are more violent than female cops most because males are naturally more violent. This is however necessary for the type of jobs that they possess.

3. Cop is an unnecessary distinction.

4. It's been proven that women use the emotional side of their brain more than men. This has forced them to experience hyperactive emotions.

5. Female cops are a minority and I'm sure that these judgement problems do exist. Just because they do not exist on a regular basis does not mean that they cannot occur in life and death situations in which every choice is critical.

6. Decorated=/=Instrumental. The unit was rather small and the dent that they made on their opponents was overshadowed by the vast male army.
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
1. Technology has eradicated the need for strength.

2. Male cops are much more likely to be complained about because they are more prone to abusing their authority and assaulting civilians.

3. Male cops are more likely to rape than female cops are.

4. Women are not "emotionally unstable" naturally. This is something that is forced on them by society.

5. Female cops are already serving, and these "judgment problems" don't seem to exist.

6. "The regiment flew harassment bombing and precision bombing missions against the German military from 1942 to the end of the war.[1] At its largest size, it had 40 two-person crews. It flew over 23,000 sorties and is said to have dropped 3,000 tons of bombs. It was the most highly-decorated female unit in the Soviet Air Force, each pilot having flown over 1,000 missions by the end of the war and twenty-three having been awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union title. Thirty of its members died in combat.[2]"
Posted by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
The Soviet Night Witches were not integral to the defeat of the Nazis. On the other hand, the millions of men who served and died in the army were.

In general, I agree with the Pro. Women are much more emotionally unstable than men and jobs in such high pressure life-and-death situations can easily affect judgement. Not to mention that women are on average weaker than men and historically and genetically not suited to these tasks.

Inb4 Feminazi.
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
men, not mean.
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
Women can serve in combat roles just as well as, if not better than, mean. The Soviet Night Witches were integral to the defeat of the Nazis.
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
Isn't that a fault in men? Why should women be faulted for something that men have a problem with?