elizmessedup
TexasFunk

Feminazis are ruining feminist's name

elizmessedup has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

elizmessedup

Pro

Ever heard someone say, "I'm not a feminist, men aren't pigs and women shouldn't rule over everything" Well that's false. WAIT! Before you get worked up by this one sentence, read the rest of this to understand my point.

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social rights for women that are equal to those of men.

So if you aren't a feminist, you think women should be treated as slaves. Meaning men can rape women whenever they please, women cannot go to school or vote, and are basically servants to the other gender.
Without feminists this world wouldn't be what it is today, and I feel like feminazi's are ruining feminists reputations.

Feminazi is a term used pejoractivly to describe either feminists who are perceived as extreme or radical, women who are perceived as seeking superiority over men,rather than equality, or to describe all feminists

Today feminazis are going around criticizing anything they can think of, but in reality, what they want to change isn't really going to impact women the way feminists did.
For example, those women who get mad at girls being over sexualized in video games.
I CAN see their point in their argument, but here's the thing...
Sex, drugs, criminal activities, these are all things that grab peoples attention. I'm not saying all men and only men play video games, but a majority of them do. If I was a man, I would want to be tough by playing shoot em' up games, because in society men were built to protect others. Again, I'm not saying that women should always run away in fear and men should do all the work. I'm just saying that guy's bodies were built to fight and protect, but with enough training, women can too!
Teenage boys come to an age where they are still developing and start to look at girls more, so they would probably buy a video game if it had a good looking girl on the cover. If I saw a good looking guy in a video game I would probably buy it too. It may seem wrong, but that's how video game companies sell, with sex, drugs, and violence.

Now let's get into the topic of Feminazi's weight. Not all feminists and feminazi's are obese, I'm a feminist and I'm 16, weighing 114 pounds. But the girls in youtube videos who are very obese and "proud" are just plain stupid. Women come in all shapes and sizes, I'm on the curvy side, my friend could be stick thin, and my neighbor could be slightly heavy. All different body types have one thing in common, they are healthy. Society says that the healthier and happier you are, the more attractive you'll seem. So to all of the girls who are purposely over-eating and saying that you "love yourself for who you are" are just plain retarded. The reason men don't like obese women is not because they only like stick thin girls, it's because you look unhealthy. In the past obese women used to be seen as attractive because it shows they are rich and have the food supply to eat a lot. But this is the future, and there is food surrounding us, there is no need to starve or overeat anymore. Being obese WILL kill you and WILL pass onto your kids, so if I was a man looking for a woman to mate with I would try and find the most attractive out there, because then my kids would be attractive. If I was a man looking for an OBESE woman to mate with, my kids might probably turn out obese and have bad eating habits, which would make them have a higher risk of dieing early.
I don't want to ruin any further debates about this topic so I'll stop from here.

TexasFunk

Con

Today I seek negation of the resolution that "Feminazis are ruining feminist's name"

For clarity in this debate I would like to offer some definitions.

Egalitarian - of, relating to, or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.
Feminism - the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
Feminazi - a radical feminist.
Radical - extreme.

Here are my contentions.

Contention 1. The no true Scotsman fallacy
The affirmative displays the no true Scotsman fallacy. When someone who associates with your group doesn't fall inside your specific set guidelines, you claim that they are not part of your group. By making claims such as, "Oh, they aren't a real feminist" you fall under the fallacy.

Here is another example:
Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus likes sugar with his porridge."
Person A: "Ah yes, but notrueScotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

Argument Breakdown:

1. "Ever heard someone say, "I'm not a feminist, men aren't pigs and women shouldn't rule over everything" Well that's false." So because they have a different opionion than you, their opinion is already discredited? Also what are you saying is false? That she's not a feminist? That men aren't pigs and that women shouldn't rule over everything? So you believe that men ARE pigs and women SHOULD rule over everything?

2. "But the girls in youtube videos who are very obese and "proud" are just plain stupid." Are you claiming that any feminist in a youtube video who is very obese and proud cannot be a REAL feminist? Or just a plain stupid feminist? They value the same values as you so what makes them any less of an advocate for women's rights?

3."For example, those women who get mad at girls being over sexualized in video games.I CAN see their point in their argument, but here's the thing...Sex, drugs, criminal activities, these are all things that grab peoples attention." So you believe that their argument is somewhat valid, but notasvalid as arealfeminists argument?

Contention 2: Values.
If both feminism and egalitarianism both have the same values, which is equal rights, why is one gender oriented while the other is gender neutral?

Also, my oppenent states that "if you aren't a feminist, you think women should be treated as slaves. Meaning men can rape women whenever they please, women cannot go to school or vote, and are basically servants to the other gender." in turn generalizing anyone who doesn't stick the feminist label on their chest. Ironically enough my oppenent proposes that the general population don't generalize "feminazis" with regular feminists while in turn generalizing all who are NOT feminists.

In conclusion, I make my final few statements. Who are you to decide who is and isn't a real feminist. Difference of tactics and ways of achieving there goals doesn't make them any less of a feminist if they share your values. According to my definition a feminazi is a radical feminist. They may be extreme, but that doesn't mean they are automatically disquallified.
Posted by Fernyx 1 month ago
Fernyx
Just personal opinion, I think that feminazis are the main stream feminists now. It is easier to create or follow a good movement than revive a dying movement.
Posted by TexasFunk 1 month ago
TexasFunk
I am just curious if you came on to the site to have an actual debate, or to just complain. Please enlighten me if you do end up actually reading this.