LookingForTruth
WhineyMagiciann5

Feminism and whether or not it is needed in first world countries

LookingForTruth

Con

Feminism: is it really needed in today's first world countries? If you look at studies, statistics, and laws feminists bring up, you find holes in their arguments. For example, the wage gap is nonexistent, and it has been proven many times. Men are also nine times more likely to die in the workforce, and work 14% more than women.
You can even just use common sense for this. If a corporation was able to hire women for 23% less wage and get away with it, why wouldn't they?
I just want to see the other side of this argument in a rational way; the websites like tumblr where these people are prominent are seriously biased...
WhineyMagiciann5

Pro

Hello there. I hope we can have a good debate and enjoy ourselves in the process

before I start I would like to lay the definition of feminism for our debate

Feminism: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
if you have any problems with the given definition or and rules you want to discuss then address me in the comment section. I am also assuming that the format will be main arguments then rebuttals and closing statements without counter rebuttals?
LookingForTruth

Con

LookingForTruth forfeited this round.
WhineyMagiciann5

Pro

WhineyMagiciann5 forfeited this round.
LookingForTruth

Con

LookingForTruth forfeited this round.
WhineyMagiciann5

Pro

WhineyMagiciann5 forfeited this round.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
checked my last message 7 hours later, just realized I couldn't type...
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
@LaughingRiddle thats why i gave the deffinition. I admit third wave feminism is more for just women and not equality. Thats why im arfuing for the deffinition od true feminism you could say.
Posted by LaughingRiddle 1 year ago
LaughingRiddle
Problem with femisnim is that it gives women extreme ability to wield their sexuality as a weapon or means or influence. Frankly some people say women don't get promoted but some get good jobs or promotions precisely because they can get more attention with the same or similar results.

We shouldn't have a society where femisnim means empowering pretty teenage girls to the point they are narcissist monsters who can't see the world beyond their own reflection. We also shouldn't have a world where women are household items for men either. But right now we see the former is much more a common reality these days than the latter. Also what sense does feminism make when clearly men are the ones in trouble these days? Men are failing in the modern education system, and are more likely to commit suicide by a terrifying amount. And women are the the ones who need a movement to kick the other gender in the balls? Please...
Posted by TheChristian 1 year ago
TheChristian
nothing
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
what are you wondering about @TheChristian
Posted by TheChristian 1 year ago
TheChristian
Um?
Posted by chrissss 1 year ago
chrissss
a fact is that an average man are stronger than average women. now you might say those weak boy can get beat up by an average girl. but i'm talking about people with more meat on their bones would be doomed if it was a girl against a guy
Posted by TheChristian 1 year ago
TheChristian
I have a debate that might help you...
http://www.debate.org...