condeelmaster
Chongis_Fuckfreak

Feminism is a form of sexism

condeelmaster

condeelmaster

Pro

Nowadays, the feminist movement is bigger than ever. They have achieved some great things against gender discrimination.
However, feminism has sexist roots in it. I think that feminism ends up being bad for society, because it doesn't defend gender equality, but a prevalence of females before males.
Also, it makes the gender problem very dualistic (men vs women) when It isn't (there are transgenders, gender fluids, etc.).

Then, feminism shouldn't be celebrated, but fought against, just as any other form of sexism or discrimination.

Debate format:

1 round acceptance
2 round opening arguments
3 and 4 rounds rebuttals
5 round conclusion (no new arguments, no rebuttals)
Chongis_Fuckfreak

Con

It's not where you're from, it's how much jabringus
condeelmaster

Pro

I have three main arguments against feminism: it's sexist, it makes sexism a dialectic problem when it is not, and it states that the feminine image is bad and that women should avoid it.

Feminism is sexism

This is the first and most significant argument. Sexism is discriminating by gender. As far as I'm concerned, that's what feminism does. Feminism is always fighting for the women's right but never for the men's. This is indeed discriminating men by its gender. Also, they state that all men are bad, and violent, and dominant, and oppressive, and so on, and so on, just for being men. Again, this is a way of sexism.
Even the name is sexist. Feminism, that doesn't sounds like a movement looking for equity. And indeed, feminism is a one way movement. It only cares for women.

I understand that women were more discriminated throughout history than men. Nevertheless, this isn't a valid argument to support discrimination towards men. What we really need is equity.

Sexism isn't dialectic

Feminists describe the sexism problem as dialect. They think of this problem as a war between men and women. However it is not like that.

First, the relationship between men and women shouldn't be seen as a war. We need to dialogue and debate in order to achieve equity. Fighting isn't the way civilized people should act.

Secondly, there's more than men and women in this problem. The gender spectrum is in this days better described, and thus more complex. There's not just men and women any more. There are transgenders, gays, lesbians, and more others. It is simplistic to describe sexism as men vs women. But again, this is another way to attack men.

Feminine image is bad

Another negative point of feminism is the systematic attack to the image of a woman being gentle, delicate, "feminine". They attack the women who are men dependant, who are housewives, and all what conforms the stereotype of women.

I don't believe that all women should follow the stereotype. But also, I believe that women must have the opportunity to choose what they want. If they want to follow the stereotype, let them do it. If they want to be different, let them too. It's a matter of free will. However, feminists oppose to this and state that following the stereotype is wrong, and propose another way of being.

Summarizing, what feminist do is limit the free will of women, making them change from one stereotype to another.

As you can see, feminism is a movement which has negative effects to society. We must promote a movement of gender equity, one which ensures the protections of every gender's rights.

Chongis_Fuckfreak

Con

Chongis_Fuckfreak forfeited this round.
condeelmaster

Pro

Since I have already exposed my case but Con didn't, I will be generous and let him expose his case before continuing with mine.
Chongis_Fuckfreak

Con

Chongis_Fuckfreak forfeited this round.
condeelmaster

Pro

There's not much to say. It seems like I will have to challenge some else to this debate.
Chongis_Fuckfreak

Con

Chongis_Fuckfreak forfeited this round.
condeelmaster

Pro

Well, this really confirms my stance.Vote Pro!! Cheers!!
Chongis_Fuckfreak

Con

Chongis_Fuckfreak forfeited this round.
Posted by basedlord 1 year ago
basedlord
Feminism is a movement for gender equality. Women are looked down upon by society and do not have equal rights as men, but instead get treated, paid, looked at, as something less superior to men. Feminism is trying to demolish that idea of women being the submissive one in society and at home, etc.
Posted by condeelmaster 1 year ago
condeelmaster
Yes, I wish that Con doesn't forfeit again. It would be interesting to have a good debate about this topic
Posted by MattTheDreamer 1 year ago
MattTheDreamer
It would be very interesting to see this debate with well reasoned arguments from both sides.
Posted by condeelmaster 1 year ago
condeelmaster
Sure squonk
Posted by squonk 1 year ago
squonk
condeelmaster, if Chongis_Fuckfreak gives up altogether . . . re-post this debate with your Round #2 arguments. Challenge me. I'd love to debate you on this.
Posted by squonk 1 year ago
squonk
Wish I could have been Con, rather than see Con forfeit.
Posted by miriamalex621 1 year ago
miriamalex621
Feminism is: The advocation of women's rights on the grounds of political, economical, and social equality to men. Feminism is not: Bra burning, man hating women who's idea of feminism is to walk around Times Square without a shirt on in "protest". We do NOT need to fight against feminism, rather fight FOR it. Don't fight for the right for a woman to yell at a man but not vice versa because that's "her right". Fight for the right of a human not to be verbally harassed. When thinking of feminism, many people think of man hating, but rather than fighting against feminism, fight against the radicals who have, under false pretenses, become a representation of the movement. Fight against what people have turned feminism into, and not the basis of the movement. I am a feminist. I know that men can be and are raped. I am a feminist. I know that unfair treatment of the genders carries onto men when it is expected of them to carry all of the boxes themselves or never to cry. But I am a feminist, and I know that women are more likely to be raped because of cis males biological advantage when it comes to their strength and the improper understanding of the word consent. I am a feminist, and I know that in high school I am not aloud to talk about masturbation or having sex because it makes me seem unladylike, but boys can talk about all their hoes and how they "be fuckin their bitches all night long" and nobody bats an eye. I am a feminist, and I know that we aren't fighting against men, but we are fighting against the ideas and rules like, boys can't like pink and girls can't possibly like video games for real, that have been conditioned in us since day one. And that conditioning goes for sexuality too, like always assuming that little girls are "Gonna marry that nice boy from class someday". I am a feminist, but I am NOT a man hater, and I'm not fighting against you. I am fighting with you, so please, won't you fight with me?
Posted by Jonan4tor 1 year ago
Jonan4tor
Just watch Con quit
Posted by MattTheDreamer 1 year ago
MattTheDreamer
Yeah I totally agree with Pro at the moment. Will be interesting to see Con's arguments.
Posted by Jonan4tor 1 year ago
Jonan4tor
Well that's not exactly what i meant,but eh,close enough
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
condeelmasterChongis_FuckfreakTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff