Feminism is anti-religious

The push for equality for women in any country in modern times has analogy in history where the rights of a human were placed higher than the law. As this movement grows and women become more empowered, laws will be broken. In the middle east the population is ruled by a religious agenda. When feminism tells these women to stand up for themselves, the women risk persecution for not following the scriptures and in turn feminism promotes anti-religious tendencies.

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate.

To begin, I would like to point out just how absurd the motion put forward is. "Feminism is anti-religious". Currently there are 21 religions classified as "major" world religions, with hundreds upon hundreds more denominations and indegenous religions. To state that feminism is against "religion" boradly is simply absurd.

This notion is so absurd in fact, that I only need one example to disprove it. In Sikhism scriptures, it is very clearly state that women are equal to men[1].

I would like to put forward that Sikhism is a religion, and that because it regards women as equal to men, it is not against feminism. Thus, we have clear grounds to reject this motion.;

TheFurryOat forfeited this round.

Will forfeit this round also to keep things even.

I'm going to have to agree with your sentiment. This topic was too broad to establish any single view. I am willing to forfeit and in turn start a new debate. This one will instead be more focused on specific religions, if that is okay with you?

If you are planning on creating a new debate with the intention of debating me, I'm afraid I'll have to put it off for a bit. I currently have 12 debates that are in the debating period and my hands are completely full. But I'd have no problem debating again, as long as I am aware of the terms and the specifics on what I'd be arguing.

As my opponent has forfeited, I put forward that the motion is thus dismissed.
Vote Placed by GOP 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited and agreed with Con's sentiment. Also, Con used a source.