lord_megatron
SegBeg

Feminism is for equality

lord_megatron

lord_megatron

Con

Feminism basically looks to give women more rights. At first it was raising the bar just for bringing women par with men, but nowadays feminists are trying to give women more rights than they should get and making them legally superior to men, such as extra property rights and alimony. This goes against the gender equality movement, and I hope they realize that. Just look at the word "feminism". Does it seem to stand for equality? No it doesn't.
SegBeg

Pro

Hi. I will be arguing that feminism is way past the point of equality.

Now don't get me wrong. I believe both men and women deserve equal rights and oppertunities in this world, but I think feminism has gone a little bit too far nowadays. I think the some extreme radical femisists are no longer aiming for equality. They are aiming to eradicate all forms of male power and put women on top which is total hypocrisy. If you're fighting for equality, you would fight to say that men are permitted to keep their power in government and in the workforce as well as women.

But on the other hand, I cannot deny that there are feminists who actually do fight for equality. I am not attacking all feminists because I know there are some well meaning ones out there and I appreciate that they are trying to battle the inequalities women AND men nowadays. But I just don't think there is any need for feminism anymore. It started back when women had very little working rights and were only seen as housewives and mothers and obviously they wanted more than just that. But nowadays, women have the choice to stay at home or work. What need is there for feminism?
The point is that feminism has gone past the point of acheiving equal rights for men and women. It is now about obtaining female supremacy over men which is totally wrong just as male supremacy over women is totally wrong. We need an egalitarian society- not a matriarchal nor partriarchal!
lord_megatron

Con

So, are you agreeing that feminism isn't promoting equality? Cause that is my (con) stand.
Feminism as such has become the belief that women should be made superior to men. This is against gender equality. In some places men have fewer rights, while in other places women have rights but they don't know about it/ don't exercise it. But feminism or menism isn't the solution. We must make a stand for equality, liberty and freedom, and judge each other on our capabilities rather than our gender, race, religion or any other nonessential detail.
SegBeg

Pro

Oh snap! Sorry about that. I thought that you were pro. I should have read you argument properly. But nevermind. Can I play devil's advocate?
lord_megatron

Con

Whatever, the rounds are over, maybe I'll start a new debate so that this can be done properly.
Vote for me as pro conceded.
SegBeg

Pro

I'm probably going to lose ths debate anyway. I'm so sorry about ruining your debate. Vot for Con. He/she deserves it
Posted by corporealbeing 1 year ago
corporealbeing
Feminism (at least in the first world) is a corrupted movement. It claims to be for equality, but many feminist individuals go against this.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Feminism can be different than people who call themselves feminists.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
lord_megatronSegBegTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
lord_megatronSegBegTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession