piefav
Genghis_Khan

Feminism is idiotic.

Genghis_Khan

piefav

Pro

Feminism is idiotic. It's not right to have a movement for "equal gender rights" but focus solely on women. I believe that the real movement for "equal gender rights" is gender egalitarianism.
Genghis_Khan

Con

I agree right off the bat that gender egalitarianism is an ideal which society should strive for. However, in places such as the Afghanistan where women are blatantly treated worse than men, feminism is necessary for the achievement of that end. Feminism serves to level the playing field in places where the playing field is unequal to begin with. So by valuing gender egalitarianism, Pro concedes the debate: feminism can't be idiotic if it is working towards a cause which Pro himself agrees with.
piefav

Pro

Yes, there are places in the world where women are treated a lot worse then men are, but when I was talking about feminism, I meant the movement in America. Of course, I did not specifically say that, and I will now formally forfeit. (Sorry mate vote con)
Genghis_Khan

Con

I accept Pro's concession. Please award him the conduct point for graciously recognizing and apologizing for his mistake.
Good luck to Pro, if he ever chooses to redo this debate with a more specific resolution!
piefav

Pro

piefav forfeited this round.
Genghis_Khan

Con

Genghis_Khan forfeited this round.
Posted by Genghis_Khan 2 years ago
Genghis_Khan
oh. I just saw other debaters do it and assumed it was a norm around here.

(directed at F16)
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 2 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
piefavGenghis_KhanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conceded. This is sad. Pro could have argued in debate why he meant feminism in the US. I think he gave up too easily. Conduct points are not awarded for "graciousness" in accepting defeat or apologizing for mistakes btw. They are a means of penalizing debaters for poor conduct.