wecrank99
SegBeg

Feminism is wrong

wecrank99

Pro

Feminism started as a noble cause. I admit that it was good for the world that women fought for basic freedoms. Sadly that has changed. Feminism is a ideology that puts women in a constant state of victimhood. There is no such thing as the gender wage gap. It is a myth, check the bureau of labor statistics. Woman attack men with sexist slogans such as "teach men not to rape" and #killallmen. Feminism is not about equality it is about female supremacy. Men should be able to feel safe around women without having to fear a rape charge against them. If a woman claims to be raped she can ruin the man's life. Even if she is lying there will be no repercussions for her but that man's life will still be in shambles, tell me how's that fair? I'm sure that you will claim that "those" feminist don't represent the majority but then why are they your leaders? why are the man-hating feminist the ones that are on TV? I'll tell you why because they are your leaders you want them to act like that and secretly you like the idea of female supremacy. I feel sorry for you that you are so angry at your position in life that you have to believe somebody forced you there instead of you making those life decisions.
SegBeg

Con

I am excited to be in my very first online debate and to challenge those with differing views

Before I begin, just want to inform you that I am NOT a feminist. In fact, I'm not a fan of most forms of modern feminism at all. I think modern feminism has got a bit too far so I do agree with you that modern feminism is aiming to raise women up and push men down and I do think that is very wrong.

But I do believe in equality. By equality I mean women AND men should have equal rights and opportunities. I don't know what you are for. Are you for male domination or equality? What is your clear reason for not liking feminism? is it because you don't want women having equal rights (misogyny) or that you think that feminists are not concerned about men? When you answer this question. The debate will officially begin!

thank you!
wecrank99

Pro

This is my first debate to so I'm happy that we start on a equal level. I appreciate the fact that you are not a feminist. My reason that I dislike feminism is because it is taken so seriously. For a movement that is filled with so much hate you think it would be ignored. But sadly it is not they had a meeting at the UN! The purpose of that meeting was to put censorship against people who disagree with them. They were cheered for offering this to the UN committee. I don't hate women. I'm just a guy that is afraid of what feminism is trying to do to the world. So in order to keep this debate on feminism lets argue as if I am a female hating male dominating piece of garbage okay? lets begin.
Woman don't deserve equal rights they are physically and mentally weaker than man. Women throughout history have always been subservient to men why should that change? God made Eve from Adam that shows that man owns women even from the beginning of time. Women are cold and manipulative they would exploit these laws for equality for their advantage. If woman want equality they have to earn it not get it handed to them on a silver platter.
(I do apologize if I appeared rude in the previous arguments)
SegBeg

Con

It's good to see you do not hate feminism because you are a misogynist. But there is one tiny thing in feminism that in itself is not wrong: Men and women having equal rights and oppertunities. The only thing is that the men's side of it is often ignored. But the fact that over the centuries women have been treated as nothing more than objects and property of men to be disposed of at any time gives them a reason to feel victimized. It is easier for men to be against feminism because over the years society has favored, respected and raised them to idols while women were crushed down, oppressed, disrespected and treated as nothing more than baby machines. Feminism would be looked at as much more positive if they would focus more on men's problems but i think the thing people forget its that sometimes when they reject feminism, the embrace masculism. and i think masculism is just as hypocritical ad feminism, some masculists want to put women down and raise men up once more and what makes that anymore right than vice versa? masculists want women to give up their jobs and be the traditional housewife and bear and take care of their children but get angry when custody goes to the mother if they divorce and go on a rant about it. How is any of this right? The reason i am not a feminist is because even when the feminist movement first started women were encouraged to be like men and dress like men which i don't think is right. women should not have to give up their feminimity to have careers. But other than that, so long as feminists are fighting for men's rights just as much as women's rights and are not rejecting their feminimity to and be masculine, i have no problem with feminism
wecrank99

Pro

The notion of only representing one sexes issues to create equality is ludicrous.Masculism has pretty much died but the growth of men civil rights groups such as MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) have increased.These civil rights groups have pretty much just turned into finger-pointers mostly at the opposite civil rights activists.I agree with an interesting point that you brought up about the sexes mimicking the other sex.I think its sad when society thinks its great that a man would rather be a stay at home parent and the mother working. I'm not saying there should be gender roles frankly that is ridiculous.
These activists need to stop viewing each other as enemies.Both civil rights claim they are fighting for the same thing right?So why are they bashing each other?We need equalism not feminism nor masculism.It is almost a shame that this debate has instead turned into a discussion board.But I enjoyed it and thank you.
SegBeg

Con

Thank you for your reply. But i was quite confused when you said you think it is said when society thinks it is great when a man decides to be a stay at home parent and the woman go to work. what is wrong with that? i don't think it's sad. I do not think it is wrong for men to have feminine traits, it's only wrong when they forgo their masculinity to act COMPLETELY feminine and i also do not think it is wrong for a woman to have masculine traits but it is only wrong when she rejects her femininity to become COMPLETELY masculine. Maybe in a married couple, the father is more nurturing than the mother which would make him more equipped to be the stay at home parent. And if you are one to those traditionalists for marriage where the man provides for his family, the thing is is that even if he stay at home, he IS providing for his family- just not the traditional way with finances. he provides protection and care for his children and dinner for his wife when she comes home from work. that is provision- just differently. However i do agree that women do tend to be better at this job die to the fact that the nurturing character is predominant in females and the need to protect is predominant in males (well females do have a maternal instict to protect their young too so i guess you could argue that women do have a natural instinct to protect as well) and i do agree with you that we need not a patriarchy nor a matriarchy- we need egalitarianism. it is the only way that society can function at its best. If we only think about the first wave of feminism, it was for a good cause but nowadays is when you can complain.

thank you for this debate. i enjoyed it a lot

VOTE CON!!!
Posted by Heirio 10 months ago
Heirio
Thanks for pointing that out BTW.
Posted by Heirio 10 months ago
Heirio
Ohhhhhhhh.

Fair enough.
Posted by spartantreky616 10 months ago
spartantreky616
@Heirio The Pro side is pretending to be sexist for the sake of the debate. Both sides found that they agree, so the Pro side decided to argue AS IF he were a chauvinist. Those aren't his real beliefs, but he is arguing that side in order to keep the debate going.
Posted by Heirio 10 months ago
Heirio
I was sort of with Pro on the rape accusations thing and how feminism in the first world is now getting out of hand.
But then he started being actually being sexist.

They're not mentally weaker. That's a stupid thing to say. For a lot of space stuff, it was a woman who did all the calculations and made sure all the flights went well. When they brought in a computer in to do it instead of her, they had her check the calculations because they trusted her more. This woman's mathematical brilliance disproves the fact that women are mentally weaker.

On average, it is true that women are physically weaker than men. On average.
But so what?
Why does that mean they shouldn't have equal rights?
I'm physically weaker than nearly everyone I know.
Does that mean I have less rights than them?

Of course not.
Posted by DiegoJuan403 10 months ago
DiegoJuan403
but what if men don't have equal rights?