pierson73
SitaraMusica

Feminism more like sexism or more like (Female supremacy).

pierson73

pierson73

Pro

Feminism especially today is more for sexism than rather equality.........
Rules:
1. No trolling.
2.Round 1: is acceptance
3. Last round: no rebuttals and closing statements (No new arguments.)
SitaraMusica

Con

I accept my opponant's challenge.
pierson73

Pro

Feminism- Full Definition of FEMINISM
1: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
feminism
[fem-uh-niz-uh m] Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
1.the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
2:(sometimes initial capital letter) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.
http://dictionary.reference.com...

Feminism is in itself on definition is sexist regardless if you are radical or regular feminist. I cannot word this any better than The Amazing Atheist or Tj Kirk
"Feminism is the idea that we can make both sexes equal by focusing solely on the issues of one of them" - TheAmazingAtheist.
Here is an analogy if a Father raises two Sons and claims to love them both equally wishes to treat them equally. Son A has (possibly) has more struggles in his life. Son B seems (possibly) to have equal problems as like Son A has. But the Father pursues to fix the problems of only Son A. If you don't get this analogy let me fill you in: the Father is society or in this case is a feminist with feminism ideologies, Son A are woman and Son B are men.

If you think this analogy is reasonable just by itself (w/o comparing it to feminism) can a rational person claim this to be "equality" between the two sons?

What I am basically conveying is that feminism only addresses the problems of females' oppression and won't even acknowledge or even as ignorantly deny the male issues. This is how feminism by its very nature is sexist. If you are a feminist Con and you truly believe in equality and both gender's problems should be addressed equally I very much urge you to call yourself a Humanist or rather an Egalitarian.

Egalitarian: asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life. http://dictionary.reference.com...
Humanist: a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity. http://dictionary.reference.com...

Another reason feminism is sexist because it actually undermines women. Modern feminism creates the delusion that women are oppressed constantly and are under the control of men. This idea is called the patriarchy which is very faulty in the Western world (and if you Con personally believe the patriarchy exists in the western world like for example the USA I can explain to you easily why it doesn't) , but lets say the patriarchy is real. If a woman honestly believes in the western world that a group of men or all men have actually controlled every one of her actions. Basically feminism is saying women are just brainless sheep to men , which is ridiculous and completely hates on women's intelligence.

Now I shall explain to Con how feminism takes another leap SOMETIMES further to female supremacy.For the most part I am talking about radical feminism basically what it has become today. Radical feminist make ridiculous claims or arguments like: Women are naturally better parents so therefore have more rights than man to raising a child, Men accused of rape should be castrated, if a man sleeps with a prostitute that man is a rape supporter, if a man goes to strip club is demeaning women, and if a person is a anti-abortionist that person is sexist.

Setting aside this debate I am fully for equality ,but I am not willing to wrongly label what I am, I love women.
for shits and giggles though. I have taken several feminist quizzes and here some of my results:
http://gyazo.com...
http://gyazo.com...
http://gyazo.com...
And of course they suck because I disagree with feminism and with equality between the genders.......
SitaraMusica

Con

My opponant is getting the wrong idea of feminism. I am a feminist, and I am not sexist. Feminism is just the idea that women have rights. The same way a neurosurgeon specializes in fixing your brain is the same way feminists specialize in women's rights.
pierson73

Pro

This isn't refuting my argument at all in the slightest. No, I understand the idea of Feminism I just stated Feminism is not truly for equality because it deals with the problems of only one of the sexes, females. I am not saying that all feminists are all sexists, I am saying if they truly believe in equality and both problems of the sexes should be addressed equally, they are wrongly labeling themselves.

The only way you can argue feminism is truly for equality is that it someway addresses both problems of the sexes EQUALLY. Also Con would have to prove feminists mostly (radical) feminists are not hell bent on female superiority and men are demons.
SitaraMusica

Con

Yes I have refuted my opponant's argument. Feminism is sexist the same way that a neurosurgeon is against cardiovascular health, and that is not at all. Feminism just means that people focus on allowing women to be equal to men.
pierson73

Pro

pierson73 forfeited this round.
SitaraMusica

Con

SitaraMusica forfeited this round.
pierson73

Pro

pierson73 forfeited this round.
SitaraMusica

Con

SitaraMusica forfeited this round.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
That sounds great.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
Sitara.
I would be pleased to lend a helping hand should you wish to use my assistance.

I am very pro feminism, even if one can somehow categorize it under female supremacy as I would like to. It is no no way literally diminishing to man to suggest it were.

cheers. peace.
Posted by pierson73 2 years ago
pierson73
woops lol i made the category fuckin "Religion" lol
Posted by Zanomi3 2 years ago
Zanomi3
If I accept, would I be able to define certain terms in my acceptance round? If so, I will gladly accept this debate.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
I'm on your side here, good luck.
Posted by Scaffold-Cane 2 years ago
Scaffold-Cane
I would debate this with you. Did you mean to make the category 'Religion'?
Vote Placed by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
pierson73SitaraMusicaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited first so Conduct goes to Con, though I give arguments to Pro because s/he did give an argument and Con provided no good rebuttals. Happy to clarify!