Bleppa
realchiken

Feminism needs to be less elitist-oriented

Bleppa

Pro

As a woman who has grown up with parents who constantly kept my eyes open for the world around me and an English teacher who had me read books set in third-world countries where women were at the bottom of society, I always had a very clear perspective on the word "Feminism". Striving for equality is a must in still so many countries, not just places like Iran or Afghanistan, but also Japan, where women are often treated like they are of less intelligence or pure sex objects.

To be insulted by a Happy Meal being girl and boy based is a display of how sensitized today's society is to gender roles. No one will be shocked if a little boy wants a pink shirt with a unicorn print on it. No one will find it to be unnatural or disturbing, and if they do, then it would be wrong to automatically assume that it is due to sexism. Little girls tend to -want- to play with dolls while little boys tend to -want- to play with robots. Society doesn't FORCE anyone to play with anything. We can categorize many other topics without there being an issue, it's more an illusion of that someone -might- care that leads to such bombastic disputes.

Feminism is -not- when females are allowed more privileges than men, but rather the discontinuation of stoning women to death, not allowing them to drive cars, or perhaps be given positions in which they will be, figuratively speaking, above men.

It is unrealistic to claim that a man should not care if a woman dresses is scanty clothing in the same way that it is unrealistic for a woman to claim that a man should not be allowed to hit a woman. Modern Feminism, for lack of a better word, wants the "good" parts of equality, but does not consider the disadvantages. If a woman can hit a man, then a man should be allowed to hit a woman. If a man is required to go to the military, then so should a woman.

https://www.youtube.com...

Several social experiments have been conducted to show how violence against men is laughable and even something encouraged (For example the one linked above. And trust me, there are plenty more.). If a woman is seen hitting a man, the odds of anyone stepping in are close, if not on par with zero in contrast to a man hitting a woman. In fact, as shown in the video, some can even join in on abusing a man.

Furthermore, I wish to address some gender inequalities that have been overlooked on the men's end of the rope. While some women may not allowed to be given higher positions at business-oriented jobs, they are however prioritized over men at certain high school or university programs due to gender ratio. For example Engineering or IT, where men are the dominating gender.

And were you aware of that women are given a discount by the law upon abusing a man?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

As the source states, "judges treat women more leniently for practical reasons, such as their greater caretaking responsibility."

This is gender inequality on the other side of the spectrum.

Whether the man hits harder or not is not of concern, hitting is hitting.

Do not misinterpret me, I do wish for there to be feminism. Like I said, some countries need it, but some don't, and that's where innapropriate issues are being addressed.

So I ask, what exactly is the problem with letting women be women and men be men?
realchiken

Con

Honestly the only reason I joined this debate was the challenge of finding a Con, least to say, there are none. RIP.
Bleppa

Pro

I cannot begin to express my disappointment. Your name is deceiving and I think you should change your name from Realchicken to Fakechicken.

I know that there are several opposing opinions out there who can challenge this argument. You, however, have murdered this debate, together with the possibility of anyone who actually is against my argument.

Thank you. Really.
realchiken

Con

realchiken forfeited this round.
Bleppa

Pro

Bleppa forfeited this round.
realchiken

Con

realchiken forfeited this round.
Posted by Quadrunner 1 year ago
Quadrunner
Joined debate before having an argument? Kind of putting the cart before the horse there aren't we?
Posted by dysgustophanes 1 year ago
dysgustophanes
They're not satisfactory sources, I already said that. Just wastes somebody's time if they're looking for a solid, clean-cut debate with someone who has an honest thought process.

You don't defend someone just because they're a friend, so why wouldn't you slough off someone using inappropriate sources? Come on now.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
I really appreciate that you took the time to type all that Bleppa, thank you for that.
Posted by TheRussian 1 year ago
TheRussian
@dysgustophanes Well, if you don't have a better source to contradict hers, what's the issue?
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
She's right though.
Posted by dysgustophanes 1 year ago
dysgustophanes
You're citing youtube and the huffington post as though they were acceptable sources..... I think I may have joined the wrong website.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
I might be up to debate this with you, but a Graduate TA just pissed me off by marking my paper for the sole excuse of inking it, so I may or may not.. Good topic though.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
"Iran or Afghanistan, but also Japan, where women are often treated like they are of less intelligence or pure sex objects. "

Japan? Explain.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
You do realize that you are in fact, falling into a classic liberal feminist trap. You are ascribing social roles to genders via your "perception" of how the world works.
Posted by EmperorDao 1 year ago
EmperorDao
well said Bleppa

@ DrewKaltenberger
lol