ailishm99
Selenia

Feminism

ailishm99

ailishm99

Pro

Feminism is definitely something that there needs to be more of in the world. Feminists just want to have equal rights, not overpower men. People who say they are feminists but say women are better than men are not feminists. I believe that it is because of these people that so many people do not like feminism. Feminism is about equality, nothing else.
Selenia

Con

Do American women still need feminism? A controversial social media movement called Women Against Feminism features women explaining " mostly in "selfies" with handwritten signs " why they do not. Feminist responses have ranged from bafflement to vitriol or mockery to arguments that these women don"t know what feminism is. But while this new movement has its silly aspects, it raises some much-needed questions about feminism"s present and future state " and, in the weeks since it first attracted notice, many prominent feminists have helped validate some of the criticisms.
ailishm99

Pro

Those people you are talking about are not real feminists, which I was saying in my first post. The real feminists are the people who believe in equality, not overpowering. I know that there are many people who call themselves feminists when they are really not, they have made real feminists seem like they are controlling, man haters. But there are also many real feminists who really believe in equality. Like Emma Watson, who has made numerous speeches for change in not just the U.S. but the whole world. People like her are real feminists who try to make a change.
Selenia

Con

Well, one of Women Against Feminism"s harshest critics, leading feminist pundit Jessica Valenti, makes it clear that being a feminist means believing that women in America and other modern liberal democracies are "a victimized class." They are "systematically discriminated against in school, work, and politics," "objectified," and "harassed, attacked, and sexually assaulted." This, Valenti asserts, is "not a matter of politics, but of truth."
ailishm99

Pro

Once again you are making generalizations about feminists. By definition feminism is: the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic EQUALITY to men. See! Real feminists want equality, not to overpower men.
Selenia

Con

Feminism says they want the equality but the definition of the Feminism doesn't say anything about promoting men's rights so it basically assumes men are not oppressed so it's unnecessary to promote the men's rights.
but this is completely a myth because men are oppressed all the time from every single way. so modern Feminism is not about equality it's about Female Supremacy to suppress to dominant over men.
ailishm99

Pro

In one of Emma Watson's speeches to the United Nations, she makes it very clear that feminism is not just a problem for women, it is also a problem for men. Many feminists don't just focus on the problems that women face, they also focus on the problems that men face. And many try to fix those problems for both genders.
Selenia

Con

One might assume that Women Against Feminism is a traditionalist backlash against gender equality. Yet many of the women say they reject feminism precisely because they are pro-equality. A blogger who goes by AstrokidNJ has analyzed a week"s worth of posts on Women Against Feminism and found that 46 percent were egalitarian, 19 percent endorsed men"s issues, and 12 percent criticized feminist intolerance toward dissent. Only 23 percent reflected traditionalist views such as support for distinct sex roles, chivalry, or full-time motherhood.
ailishm99

Pro

Many women are against feminism because they like the traditional roles of women, like cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids. Feminism is not about demolishing that idea, it is about opening up new opportunities for women, and men.
Selenia

Con

Women don't need feminism. They are highly capable of taking care of themselves, but you know who does? Women who get splashed in the face with acid because they want education. Woman who are mistreated and not respected. Women do not need modern Feminism. They do want equality just as men, but feminism is more just than opportunities. It is about equality or more likely dominating men.
Posted by Natalily 1 year ago
Natalily
Heres your concrete definition of feminism: the belief of social, political and economical equality of the sexes. Feminism is not female domination. A woman who believes in female domination and is strongly prejudice to men is not a feminist she would be a misandrist. People often confuse the two. Do your research before you say feminism is "women over men"
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
TheOpinionist
seems legit. if Pro can agree to feminist being defined on the terms stated by mfigurski80, I'll seriously consider accepting
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
Here's my opinion:
My school had a very, uh, oppressive incident where student were conversing about a teacher "sexually", on facebook. They got expelled. Yeah, stupid, but the teacher got really mad. They called the whole school together the very same day, and she had a giant speech about what happened. The very first words she said: "I'm a feminist". I think we all fell asleep right there,

Anyway, several months after that, another incident came up where a female teacher was sexting a male student. Like, nudes. The teachers hushed it up, and only the student (again) got kicked out. The teacher is still there, and I have her for Mathematics next year.

That's my definition of feminism: women over men.
Posted by Kryptic 1 year ago
Kryptic
I will totally accept if you have correct definitions. I have talked to different feminists over time and they have all given me different versions of it. I have no idea what the movement is and a majority of the high ups are all Nazi like figures of oppression
Posted by TheOpinionist 1 year ago
TheOpinionist
Give me a concrete definition of feminism and I'll consider accepting
Vote Placed by FlatEarthSociety 1 year ago
FlatEarthSociety
ailishm99SeleniaTied
Reasons for voting decision: At first, Con had the most convincing arguments. That was until Pro finally called out the definition of feminism. With this definition, Pro was able to successfully show that feminists only want equality. Con continued to argue that they don't and therefore we don't need feminism. This is a claim not backed up with evidence. Therefore, I give Pro my points for most convincing arguments.