Korov007
YaHey

Feminism

YaHey

Korov007

Con

Feminism is a threat to society. Feminism encourages false rape accusations and stereotyping men as bad. I'm not saying that women don't have the same rights as men. I'm saying threatening to call the police for something ridiculous is completely obscure. I didn't know who to debate so I just put a random name lol
YaHey

Pro

You claim that feminism encourages false rape accusations and stereotyping men as bad. Um... No, that's not what feminism is at all. Feminism is the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men[1]". Now, you admit that this is something you are for, so I guess you have problems with how feminists go about this? Really, I think your entire argument stems from a complete misunderstanding of the movement.

So, what is feminism?
This is a difficult question because, much like religion, feminism is different for each feminist. The mission statement of the movement is equal rights between the sexes, which you agree is good. By this definition, you are a feminist. If you could indicate how you aren't a feminist, that'd be appreciated. Maybe you disagree that there is a systematic discrimination against women, the patriarchy.

Is there a patriarchy?
Well, as it commonly seems to be the case, I must define "the patriarchy". Basically, it means a system where men are valued over women[2]. This can be shown in the wage gap[3], rape culture[4] (though men can be victims of rape, rape culture usually targets women), and gender roles[5].

Rebuttals: What you are saying here is very dangerous. Stating that feminism promotes false rape accusations is an example of rape culture. 60% of victims report abuse, and 97% of abusers will not see jail[6]. Only 1.5-8% of rape reports are fake[7], so Puh-LEASE do not try and say that considerable amount of rape reports are fake and that we should cast doubt on those few that come forward.

If we are going of the definition of feminism I stated earlier, then feminists aren't trying to put men as stereotypically bad. We are trying to make men and women equal. If you think that trying to remove the bias towards men is trying to say they are bad, then I am going to have to ask you go to timeout because that idea is downright childish.

In the end there you say something about "calling the police about something ridiculous is obscure". I think you mean absurd, but if you didn't then I'm not sure what that would mean. If it is obscure, then false rape accusations don't happen often and thus shouldn't be a problem. If you meant absurd, then I would agree that false rape accusations are deplorable, but again I would say that "false rape reports" is not a tenant of feminism nor is it a likely to occur.
Korov007

Con

Korov007 forfeited this round.
Korov007

Con

Korov007 forfeited this round.
YaHey

Pro

My opponent has forfeited the last two rounds and has failed to meet his burden of proof and his points have not been defended. Vote pro
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
I don't usually do this, but Ben you're vote is both a vote bomb and lacking a proper RFD. Please change this
Posted by BblackkBbirdd 2 years ago
BblackkBbirdd
"....I'm not saying that women don't have the same rights as men."
Lets look at the definition of feminism according to the Oxford dictionary shall we:
'The advocacy of women"s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.' Sooo.....You're a feminist threat to society!
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
Just change the debate settings and make it an open debate. I feel that this is a bit lopsided, especially since you seem to have a very... odd definition of feminism. I'd rather not take it.
Vote Placed by KhalifV 2 years ago
KhalifV
Korov007YaHeyTied
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Korov007YaHeyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.