EPRdebate
blinkking

Feminist movements are becoming detrimental to society.

EPRdebate

Pro

I agree with the notion that feminist movements are becoming detrimental to society.

I don't want to have to post a long list of rules, so please be reasonable and avoid semantics/twisting of words.

I would also prefer to keep it short, and to the point.

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals + Arguments
Round 4: Final Rebuttals
Round 5: Summarising

Keep it sensible please.

Thank You.
blinkking

Con

I think feminst is a weird word.
EPRdebate

Pro

Thank You for accepting, though I can't understand what is weird about the word feminist.

I can understand the need for a Feminist movement 60 - 70 years ago though in our modern western societies such has become a liability to society, the rights of women in modern times are equal and in many cases greater than the rights of men, now this is not about a battle of the sexes, unfortunately it is seen in that way by many feminist activists. In this ense, many men are conditioned by society to treat women as being superior.

Feminism centres, or was originally centred around liberating housewives and giving women the option to work, a reasonable goal that has been achieved by such movements in western countries, however feminist movements now push for further options for women. Compared to the single option of men (working), movements pressure women into working full time careers.
Though this in itself is not harmful, modern feminist movements (particularly extreme movements) undermine the supposedly equal importance of reducing the man's burden to be the provider, whilst also undermining the value of male labour.

I am not saying that male labour is more important than female labour, simply that the excessive focus on the rights of women is blinding society to the pressures on men, and potentially increasing them.

Evidence:
1. Prostate cancer was estimated to kill 32,000 men in 2010, whereas breast cancer was estimated to kill 40,000 women and 400 men. Despite these statistics breast cancer receives twice the government funding of prostate cancer, furthermore prostate cancer awareness month receives very little coverage, and many people are not even aware of it's existence, whereas every October all sports events and media event parade pink outfits, and many perform fundraising events to raise money for breast cancer research. Vocal feminist movements put emphasis on awareness of female cancers, this marginalises male cancers further.

http://dailycaller.com...

2. Whilst the following is rather biased : http://www.politicalcowardice.com...

It makes a good point the ad show is incredibly sexist against men yet was (from what I can see, allowed), If the same was shown the other way around, the ad would be considered a sexist, misogynistic piece of work. However in modern society radical feminists are somehow aloud to do to men what they campaign to free women from; objectification and stereotypes. This sort of sexism is displayed throughout the media, men are constantly displayed as stupid brutes, whilst women are portrayed as smart and kind. If feminists wanted equality this sort of thing wouldn't be aloud to happen, but superiority is what feminism in todays society strives for.

http://www.politicalcowardice.com...

http://www.angryharry.com...

The above is biased and slightly misogynist but makes some excellent points.

I would post more but I'm tired and it's 2am.

Thank you
blinkking

Con

blinkking forfeited this round.
EPRdebate

Pro

Con has forfeited

I would further argument that the now sexist actions taken by feminist movemens create dislike towards women because of the advantages they have in most situations, increasing sexism.
blinkking

Con

I think I'm losing
EPRdebate

Pro

No arguments or rebuttals have been posted so my arguments stand.
blinkking

Con

blinkking forfeited this round.
EPRdebate

Pro

My arguments stand.
blinkking

Con

blinkking forfeited this round.
Posted by EPRdebate 5 years ago
EPRdebate
Yeah I spelled allowed correctly the first time.
Posted by rob753 5 years ago
rob753
i agree women can get away with murder whereas men just have to suffer
Posted by rob753 5 years ago
rob753
EPRdebate
thats not how you spell allowed. (you spelled it aloud)
just saying
Posted by EPRdebate 5 years ago
EPRdebate
Just to simplify, by feminist I mean movements and groups that are striving to increase the rights and power of women.