SupaDudz
TheVanadium

Feminists are ruining the U.S.A.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
06days07hours42minutes01second
Updated: 3 days ago Status: Voting Period

SupaDudz

Pro

--------------------
First round is acceptance
1.Be respectful
2.Valid claims, no opinions please
3.Good luck
--------------------
TheVanadium

Con

I am unaware of what "acceptance" means in this situation, for this is my first debate. I agree with the above standards.

I would also like to thank you for giving me an interesting topic to debate about for my first debate.

Good luck to you as well.
SupaDudz

Pro

I am looking forward to a respectful debate. Without further a do, my args are in.

CLAIM: Feminists are ruining the U.S.A
(Note I am talking about the feminists, not feminism as a whole)

1)Feminists have equal rights already according to defintion

DEFINITION PROVIDED BY DICTIONARY.COM
the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

2)Feminists have ruined all of our classics we had, ex. Star Wars

3)Modern Feminists are angered at the memes because they provoked them

4)Modern Feminists have a wrong idea of feminism

I look forward to responses
TheVanadium

Con

I agree with your above definition. I, too, hope for a respectful debate

I shall use the following definition for "ruin":
to injure (a thing) irretrievably, -Dictionary.com

Counter Claim: Feminists are not ruining the U. S. A.

1) Feminists have not caused any violence in the United States of America.
2) Feminists have encouraged diversity and originality in art, such as in Star Wars.
3) There was a lack of female preference for leadership fields in the 1900s, but as feminism increased, female preference for leadership fields (and leadership field indifference) has increased since then (Gallup).

In the next round, I shall attempt to deconstruct your premises, as well as summarize mine. Also, you have failed to give an example of "modern feminists." I am hoping for a definition of that.
SupaDudz

Pro

Hello. You are agreeing to my definition. I thank you for that.
I also say thanks for reading the claim and hear it saying Feminists ARE ruining America, not "have been"
Here is what you stated.

"Ruin is to injure (a thing) irretrievably, -Dictionary.com

4) Dropped claim!

In the next round, I shall attempt to deconstruct your premises, as well as summarize mine. Also, you have failed to give an example of "modern feminists." I am hoping for a definition of that."

1. They have caused a division in society between the male and females of America. Each gender has a bias or a hate to each other in the 21st century compared to the 80's,90's and etc. We have never questioned what the constitution says about gender. The article I have stated now states that the fourth wave feminists are social media based and are focusing on rape more

SOURCE: https://www.bustle.com...
SOURCE: http://www.statepress.com...

If feminists are social media based, that would automatically put flaws into their logic. Social media is an unreliable source as it has many types of people can be insulting. The feminists have responded in anger, and hatred toward these people. Skyscreamers are also proof of this. They curse and yell a year after the election how it isn't fair. Most feminists were supporting Hillary in this election. She lost of course, and they purposefully went out into the streets are cursed them out. This did not happen with 2008, 2012 elections. Why? Because they got their way and if one election they didn't, they screamed at the sky. 1 year later and they are still doing it. This is disgraceful and highlight why they are being heavily criticised.

SOURCE:http://www.foxnews.com...

Another goal they have focused on is the rape. Rape is a crime that is morally incorrect and I agree it's wrong. But you can't say the government should do more about it because they are already in deep punishment when they are found guilty. The max sentence they can serve is 30 years and are a sex offender permanently. A lot is being done about this and they have already have strict laws. Asking for stricter laws on this is not going to work, as their already strict laws now.

2) Feminists need an impact of NEW arts, not old arts and classic. The Star Wars series proves this. The acting of Ridley ws superb, I will agree, but why did they have to tamper with the male dominance in this series. That is right, feminine pressure forced Star Wars to have a feminine based. You can't make a claim that Princess Leila is feminine, because she really wasn't. Rey has a dominant feminine influence in the series, which ruined the male identity

SOURCE: https://www.nytimes.com...
SOURCE:https://www.popmatters.com...
SOURCE:http://comicbook.com...

Marketing and value is the only reason Star Wars wen't feminine. So females can buy the movie and so they can get the bank. It is not because they believe it is right, but it is solely for money. Princess Leia was never a feminine character. In fact the article claims that the idea was for her to have a male identity or a "tomboy." The feminine influence is not there when feminists weren't focused on changing the classics. Let's look at Star Wars Battlefront II.

The game consists of a female lead, which was obviously manipulated by the creators for profit and to be "PC" when it really isn't. Then the boys are either antagonists or whiny little brats. You're not claiming that they are equal the genders, you are just claiming the females are more superior, when everything is equal. The customization is also female based! There is a real problem here.

3. We are talking about feminine influence then, we are talking now. They have countlessly taken away deserving job of people because the company want's a "good view," when they are smarter male and females out there that could have easily taken that spot. They have caused job loss as a matter of fact in the 21st century and will keep continuing to lose jobs unless something is done.

4. You ahve not answered my 4th claim I made. This means anything I say here is relevant and true. Feminists have the wrong idea because they are already equal under the constitution. They should not misinterpret them not being equal, simply as pampered and causing more harm to the word "feminist." They have themselves to blame, not us.

I have defined feminism and I will define feminists

DEFINE MODERN
of or relating to present and recent time

I CONCLUDE
In conclusion, The CON has not given any explanation on my arguments I make. My magnitude and money will outweigh anything he has to say
TheVanadium

Con

In this round, I shall counter your explanations and summarize my argument. I shall also leave links to my sources.

1) Feminists do not automatically have rights by definition. Just because they are advocating rights does not mean that they already have them.

2) Feminists have not ruined any classics. The Star Wars franchise has made some movies with female leads. The least-earning box office Star Wars movies with and without female leads are “A New Hope,” which earned about $534K, and “Rogue One,” earning $1.05M (The Numbers). This means that feminism has likely boosted the economy of the Star Wars franchise, for it has earned more money than previous, non-female lead movies. This is far from the definition of “ruined.” The movies have helped the economy, not injure it.

3) Feminists are angered because of the memes, but that does not mean they have ruined the United States of America in the process. Being angered at memes does not ruin the United States of America, leaving this explanation irrelevant and pointless.

4) Modern Feminists do not understand what feminism is, but that doesn’t ruin anything other than feminism. The United States of America has not been ruined by the slow downfall of feminism. It simply means that they have ruined feminism, which does not affect the majority of the United States.

Final Tally: That gives you no arguments against my three.

Dear readers, feminists have not caused violence in the United States of America. Feminists have made some positive effects on the world, such as encouraging movie diversity. They have also convinced workers to appreciate females in the leadership positions of the workplace. Therefore, feminists are not ruining the United States of America.

I would also like to thank my opponent for a considerably well-structured debate.

http://www.dictionary.com...

http://news.gallup.com...

https://www.the-numbers.com...

Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 10 hours ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@Ragnar pro wins this one!
Posted by Ragnar 1 day ago
Ragnar
Ah, ok. ... Nice to see someone admit it when they do that.
Posted by SupaDudz 1 day ago
SupaDudz
Not false logic but heir articles bring flawed
Posted by SupaDudz 1 day ago
SupaDudz
@Ragnar

I did read the sources and I saw that they agreed. I do think it was a bad mistake on my part but I was trying to use false logic
Posted by Ragnar 1 day ago
Ragnar
Interesting debate, not sure if I'll vote, but I will offer a few bits of advice.

Pro: definitions should be in R1 even with acceptance only (they're accepting the debate you had in mind, including definitions, alternatives can be requested in the comments before they accept). I would also say read your sources better, to ensure that they agree with you.

Con: You very easily could have won by an overwhelming margin, had you put in the effort to flip pro's sources.
Posted by SupaDudz 3 days ago
SupaDudz
I thank you for taking on the debate
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 5 days ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Feminists, with all due respect, should be killed by cops!
Posted by nobleislandbag 5 days ago
nobleislandbag
No no no. This modern feminism, that is - THIRD WAVE feminism, is ruining the U.S. (and not only the U.S.). The first and second wave feminist movements sought to gain rights for women that were not granted to them but were to men. Modern feminism blames men and the patriarchy for the problems that they see when they compare themselves to men. The wage gap, acceptance into the military, women in higher positions, abortion. These are all issues that women blame men on (save abortion) and think that doing so will solve their problems. They also are trying to dissolve marital customs for women, saying that independence is a better option.
Posted by KasperKid 5 days ago
KasperKid
Feminists are ruining the USA? wrong! "feminists" with quotes are ruining the USA. Real feminists would never act like these people.
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 10 hours ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
SupaDudzTheVanadiumTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided better and more reliable sources, Con only provides false or irrelevant sources in attempt to outweigh pro's arguments. Pro made a better, more stable argument, Con made dishonest, ridiculous arguments that are either false or evasive. Pro wins debate by default.