yish
kyleflanagan97

Fence between America and mexico

kyleflanagan97

yish

Pro

A wall will encourage people to be legal immigrants then they will pay taxes giving America more money 💰💰💰💰💰
kyleflanagan97

Con

A wall will do nothing to protect our border from illegal immigrants. The ones who sneak across the border are the ones who cannot afford to do it legally. We must loosen immigration regulations so that we can focus are attention on preventing people who are actually a risk to the safety of the United States and stop spending time and money arresting innocent families of people who are just looking for a better life.
yish

Pro

It only costs 85$ the government can establish a place for immigrants to come and work legally for money once they make 85$ they can get a citizen ship

Also them coming ILLEGALY does not benefit them for only a little bit they can make 50,000$ a year
kyleflanagan97

Con

$85 dollars is not what it costs to become a citizen, it is closer to $680 (http://immigrationimpact.com...), and that it is just the application, obtaining a lawyer can be expensive, and the documentation required for some can be difficult to obtain. And I have no idea what you are talking about they earning a little bit? You need to check your grammar before submitting. And these immigrants are not looking to make 50k per year. They just want to make money to send home or take care of their family.
yish

Pro

A lawyer is not needed for becoming a citizen
kyleflanagan97

Con

It is not required, but for these individuals, many un educated, the process can be tricky and unclear. And if they make a mistake on even one document along the process the whole application could be rejected. So many people chose to use a lawyer who understands the process to ensure nothing goes wrong. But explain how a fence will fix any of our problems. In my view a 20 foot tall wall only creates a 21 foot ladder.
yish

Pro

Trump does not only wish to build a wall he wishes to put soldiers there to these soldiers will watch on cameras to see what is happening
kyleflanagan97

Con

The border is 2000 miles long, it is impossible to monitor the entire border and have guards on the ground to react to people crossing it. And the US soldiers cannot be deployed inside the United States in times of peace, you might mean national guardsmen.
yish

Pro

There are about 1,450,000 and 800,0 0 on reserve that shouldn't be hard
Even isreal has soldiers monitoring all it borders and the whole country with an army of 50,000
kyleflanagan97

Con

Israel is also getting bombed like every day, not really the same thing, and thats national reserve which would require moving them there and then housing them and turning the border into a warzone. No one wants that
Posted by yish 9 months ago
yish
I am not being ignorant I am just saying if America has no money it will be like mexico
Posted by fixedwounds 9 months ago
fixedwounds
Pro is very ignorant to be concerned only about money!
Vote Placed by mmurph123 9 months ago
mmurph123
yishkyleflanagan97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: When I evaluate sources, only Con links a source. No evaluation of reliability as for Pro's 85$ argument, I have to take his word for it while Con provides a verification of his claim. On arguments, I considered 2 points in my vote. First was the economy, which pro essentially drops after Con's response to the argument in R2. That wins Con the point. The other point I considered was practicality. It should be noted that there is many different opinions on this, and ultimately neither side sources any claims made here. Had Pro provided actual sources and or arguments, I may have been swayed to vote for him on this point. Regardless, Con significantly proves to me that logically the fence doesn't make sense. I feel it should be noted that there is a fence between the US-Mexican border, although I am unsure if it stretches the entirety, it still should have been addressed in this debate more than it was.