Lepidoptera
lege12bi

Fidget Spinners

Lepidoptera has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Lepidoptera

Pro

Fidget Spinners are good and bad in their own way. It may be helpful for younger people with ADHD, or that excessively fidget, But students who don't necessarily need it, could be a distraction. So many kids from Elementary school to High School, and even some young adults, have them, when the don't necessarily need it. By now, its a distraction and should be allowed in schools, for the kids who are clinically diagnosed, or are proven to fidget excessively.
lege12bi

Con

According to Psychological experts fidget spinners do not help people with ADHD,ADD,Asperger or Autism focus better in the class room. Fidget spinners I've seen in my school have become a distraction and can be loud. You mentioned that we can just have it for people who need it, But the schools cant control that if a certain person can have a fidget spinner why cant everyone? It sorta seems unfair to allow fidget spinners to a group of people who have an IEP or 504. I can speak this for myself as i have ADHD and Asperger's and I can tell you they do not help and all it is is a distraction. Also cost these things are costing more money (Unless you buy direct from china) they get costly and people want to collect them which makes company's more money but gives no benefits to students.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 year ago
FanboyMctroll
If the fidget spinner is good for kids with ADHD, should we classify it as a medical device?