IAlwaysWinDebates
IAlwaysLoseDebates

Fight me IRL brah

IAlwaysWinDebates

IAlwaysWinDebates

Pro

The point of this debate is for the con; IAlwaysLoseDeabte's to come to my house and fight me in real life, for if he is to accept and I happen to win the con (IAlwaysLoseDebates) must then come to my house and fight me in real life at a game of Magic The Gathering or any other card game that we have at our grasp. (Well I hope for Go Fish)
IAlwaysLoseDebates

Con

Hello my friend, IAlwaysWinDebates. I will face you in any game at our disposal.
IAlwaysWinDebates

Pro

First we most come up with a debate, and for this we'll be using what is better Chess or Checkers, I thought that this would be fitting seeing as we are on the topic of card/board games. I will be voting for Chess, you'll be Checkers, good luck. You can have the first argument I'll just rebuttal.
IAlwaysLoseDebates

Con

Alright good sir, I like this topic. Checkers in many ways is better than chess because of three main things.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skill- Checkers is a enjoyable and easy game to pick up for beginners because there are onlt three main things to learn, which are which way you move your checker depending on color. How to do simple advance moves such as double jumping and trapping, last but not least how to earn and properly use checkers that are kings.

Enjoyment- Unlike chess, checkers can be won by either player during any time during the game. using an example, if your opponent has five of your checker pieces and you only have two you still have a more likely chance of winning than chess because chess takes more planning and once someone has been closed in, it is too late. I am mainly saying that you will most likely not get immediately disappointed or discouraged while you just start to play checkers.

Casual- While chess is intense, checkers is calm and can be played in a matter of minutes, while chess can possibly take hours at a time. Some people set limits and rules in chess, although in checkers all you have to do is move your piece once (possibly twice if moving a king) then you allow your opponent to make their move in a matter of seconds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
boardgames.about.com

checkershistory.com

www.chesslab.com/rules/CheckerComments4.htmlR06;
IAlwaysWinDebates

Pro

Well, scene I only have one go with no Argument and only a rebuttal I shall put them into one, It is nice to see that you have a decent idea on what you are talking about but sadly I'll have to bring you down lets start off with your 'skill' you say "Checkers is a enjoyable and easy game to pick up for beginners because there are onlt three main things to learn, which are which way you move your checker depending on color" no first, good spelling on only or should I say onlt, second you said that Checkers takes skill when so does chess and chess happens to take quite a lot more, in checkers you move diagonally when in chess your pieces move in different ways such as the pawn moves 1-2 spaces depending on if it is the pieces first move or not, the queen can move in all ways , the king can move 1 space in any direction, etc. Now lets look at your next statement, 'How to do simple advance moves such as double jumping and trapping' In chess there are also advanced moves, not like double jumping and things, but there are things such as castling, where if there is no pieces in between your knight and king, you may move then 1 place to each other so they're one tile away then swoop them, also there is knighting but that's a little harder to explain.

Next you brought up Enjoyment, and you said 'Unlike chess, checkers can be won by either player during any time during the game' first I'd like to say you're wrong, you cannot win the game in one move so saying that they can win at any point in a game is invalid. I went to the sites you sourced and found out the max turns you can win in checkers is 4 (Now iam not sure if this is right its just what I found), when in chess you can win in 3. Next you state ' you still have a more likely chance of winning than chess because chess takes more planning and once someone has been closed in, it is too late' Now i'll agree with the chess takes more skill, but not with the more likely chance of winning, there are many time through out the game either player has a shot at winning, same goes with checkers; now of course chess takes planning and skill, and if you were to get a skilled player against a new player the new player would lose every time, but the same goes for Checkers. 'I am mainly saying that you will most likely not get immediately disappointed or discouraged while you just start to play checkers.' That statement can also be true to chess, like with checkers one wrong move can most the game.

Next lets move on to casual, you say 'While chess is intense, checkers is calm and can be played in a matter of minutes, while chess can possibly take hours at a time.' Yes the typical chess game is longer then your average checkers match, checkers can take just as long if not longer, in checkers you run into a lot of stand off/stand stills causing you to sit and think about your move, of which can really stall out a game. ' Some people set limits and rules in chess, although in checkers all you have to do is move your piece once (possibly twice if moving a king) then you allow your opponent to make their move in a matter of seconds.' These are both games of strategy therefore I find this statement wrong in chess you can also make your moves in seconds, if not faster especially when you take in count double jumping etc. Chess and Checkers can both be casual games, it all depends on how you play.
boardgames.about.com

checkershistory.com

www.chesslab.com/rules/CheckerComments4.html
IAlwaysLoseDebates

Con

Nice argument mainly because that was your only chance to put in your comment on this. The funny part is that you agreed with me in the first paragraph. You have also stated, "checkers can take just as long if not longer, in checkers you run into a lot of stand off/stand stills causing you to sit and think about your move, of which can really stall out a game. " I don't believe that this is entirely true mainly because in checkers if you get stalled there are only four moves you can possibly do, go diagonal to the left forwards, to the right forwards, if using a king you can go backwards left and right, but in chess there are 6 different types of pieces in chess all with different move styles that requires a lot more thinking and planning because of the variety of moves.
You also were saying that chess has many moves and actions in the game that are hard to explain such as knighting. That just shows that it is not casual because if you came to someones house that has never played checkers, you could explain the moves much more quickly than explaining the fundamentals and strategies of chess. Therefor this is why I believe that chess is not as casual, enjoyable if it is you are just beginning and all around relaxing with another while enjoying a nice game of checkers.

Thank You, for picking this random, yet good debate IAlwaysWinDebates, and thank you for using my resources.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
IAlwaysWinDebatesIAlwaysLoseDebatesTied
Reasons for voting decision: same sources, sources tied, but pro got better arguments
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
IAlwaysWinDebatesIAlwaysLoseDebatesTied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe that Pro made the better arguments overall and pointed out the factual inaccuracies on Con's argument. However Con failed to pick out the inaccuracies in Pro's argument. (Castling is between the king and the rook).