luciano
qwzx

Finacial abortion

luciano

Pro

I agree that a woman is entitled to control her body, and determined if she is ready to be a Mother or not. However, according to the 10th amendment of the constitution--The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. Shouldn't a man have a choice about if he wants to bear responsability or whether he wants a role at all in the life of a child without being force by the government or the state. I understand that is a woman's body and her choice, but why should her choice diminish mine, why should a man have not choice on whether he is ready or not to be a father. Should't a man have a right to financial abortion if he wants??
qwzx

Con

I think that is pretty interesting seeing how you quoted part of the Bill of rights. You probably have also heard of the 8th and amendment which states "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, NOR CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT INFLICTED". Our Society has already deemed execution (aka KILLING) as the worst punishment our government can inflict. Aborting a child would also be against the Constitution if you put it that way. If a woman or the male doesn't want to have a child then...
1. Don't have sex
2. Put him/her up for adoption
3. Assume Responsibility for their "little accident"

Why should some irresponsible "parents" have the right to kill a perfectly innocent child. Which I might add that our country is built on the principles of the LIFE, LIBERTY and pursuit of happiness.

The 9th amendment states "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.". The unborn child is a homiosapien and homiosapiens are humans. Humans are people translating scientifically the fetus is technically a human being.

I wish good luck to my opponent.
luciano

Pro

luciano forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

I shall let Pro make his case......DONT HOLD HIS AGAINST HIM.
luciano

Pro

luciano forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
luciano

Pro

luciano forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
luciano

Pro

luciano forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
Posted by MizzEnigma 1 year ago
MizzEnigma
@qwxz

Nope, I don't determine it and I'm not going to act like I do. And I suppose you're in the position where you can tell others what to do with their body?

Feelings, thoughts, etc. That occurs when you're born. You also gain a personality, which a fetus does not possess nor can act out. I'm in psychology and have studied the capabilities of a baby. It does not occur at age three. It becomes self-aware at one year of age, but before that mark, it is capable of experiencing actual emotions, imitation, and even has linguistic capabilities, unlike a fetus. It's conscious then, after birth, and continues to develop. Whereas, in the entirety of the fetus's time in the womb, it is incapable of developing a full conscious capable of what a newborn and older baby can do. It is that separation that I speak of. Fetuses cannot speak, but a baby, like adults, can learn how to and starts actually plucking the words from the sentences months into development, but before it does, it is capable of identifying and recognizing the patterns of speech and even plays close attention to it. The fetus's duration in the womb cannot do this. After all, a fetus is a potential.

@Philocat Agree to disagree. (Though I'm not entirely sure what you're disagreeing with. If it's the entirety of my response, then that's cool, I guess.)
Posted by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
Ah, MizzEnigma, that's where I disagree
Posted by qwzx 1 year ago
qwzx
And I suppose that only you can determine what is a higher conscious? Keep in mind that the human conscience begins at age 3.
Posted by MizzEnigma 1 year ago
MizzEnigma
And there is a difference between being human and being a human being. A fetus is human, not a human being. It does not have a higher consciousness as human beings.
Posted by MizzEnigma 1 year ago
MizzEnigma
A woman is entitled to abortion, as it is her life, her liberty, and her pursuit of happiness. A fetus, which could have been the result of failed contraceptives (but abortion need not be restricted in general) is not entitled to it since it's not a person to start with. Those are rights guaranteed to persons, not unborn fetuses which are living off the woman's body (thus resulting in the similarity, if not actually considered, to a parasite.) Just pointing that out.
Posted by Porkloin 1 year ago
Porkloin
" I understand that is a woman's body and her choice, but why should her choice diminish mine, why should a man have not choice on whether he is ready or not to be a father. Should't a man have a right to financial abortion if he wants??"

Your choice is restricted or "diminished" because things are (for one thing) not equal, as she is the one pregnant, not you. If it was your body, then it's reasonable to think that things would not be equal for her.

Once the baby is born, the state then addresses "the interest of the child" and that restricts the choices of both parents.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
The tenth amendment only speaks to powers not delegated to the federal government are delegated to the states...I'm lost on this one.
Posted by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
Or... nobody gets to have a financial abortion!