KatanaBladeNeko
ararmer1919

Final Fantasy VII is Not Good

ararmer1919
Started: 5/27/2014 Category: Games

KatanaBladeNeko

Pro

Final Fantasy VII is not that good. Mediocre at best.
Only good thing was its gameplay, and I only got halfway into Disk 2 before quitting the game.
ararmer1919

Con

How DARE you! FFVII is not only the best title of the final fantasy series. It is quite possibly the best video game ever made. And that's not just IMHO. I accept this debate, and await my opponents blasphemy.
KatanaBladeNeko

Pro

...Wait, what does christianity have anything to do with this?

But anyways, the only reason I liked Final Fantasy VII was because of Dissdia: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, everything else is just... Mediocre. The graphics, the story, the music, everything bar the gameplay, which was good. Like I said, but that wasn't enough to even get me to Disk 3 before just giving up. And yes, I do like Call of Duty.
ararmer1919

Con

Alright let's get started. Sorry for the late post, been traveling. Just to point out real quick, a-man-named-John was right. The blasphemy comment had nothing to do religion. Just a little pun for taking bad about FF7 lol.

FF7 revolutionized gaming. It brought the RPG genre to North America. It it was one of the first games to utilize 3-D computer Graphic design and during its release in 1997 it had some of the best if not the best graphics of any game in that era. I remember literally crapping my self when I saw the first cut scene and you could see all 5 individual fingers on the human hand. The visuals of the game were breathtaking. My opponent has stated that the graphics were "mediocre". Well that is only possible if you are referencing FF7, a game made in 97', to modern day video game graphics which is just absolutely unfair. Anyone who played the game when it released would know that that games graphics were enough to make a grown man cry. The game play was phenomenal with literally hundreds of hours worth of playability and nearly a never ending trove of various things to do. Summoning was not only impressively done but also breathtaking and the integration of the materia(magic) system into the combat was superbly done. My opponent has stated that the music as "mediocre". 3 titles to disprove that. "Nobuo uematsu", "Aeris's Theme", and "One-Winged Angel". And there are many many more. It is also the best selling game out of the entire Final Fantasy series with over 10 million copies sold. It's was also accredited as the "game that sold the playstation."

FF7 has been accredited with one of the best stories ever told in video games. Gaming critics and reviewers such as IGN, GameFan constantly rate FF7 among the top 10 greatest video games ever made and if it didn't make the top ten then it was most certainly in the top 100. Sephiroth has also been acclaimed as one of the best video game villains ever and constantly ranks in the top 10. And, let's just face it, how many games can boost that they had a moment in their game that literally made millions of people across the globe, children and full grown adults, BALL their freaking eyes out. (I cried for a good solid hour) lol. All in all. FF7, regardless of individual opinion, is still ranked by the global gaming community as 1 of if not the greatest video game of all time. And, as I already said, that's a game from 1997 that's competing against the new age graphics and game play of the modern world of Call of Dutys and your grand theft autos and your halos and all those other games that, compared to FF7, are quite honestly crap.

Cheers to my opponent.
KatanaBladeNeko

Pro

You DO realise RPG's existed before FF7, maybe even before the original. The Legend of Zelda is probably the most well known. True, it's not a down-to-earth RPG like FF, but there's always Pokemon to disprove you.

So what if it was one of the first to have 3D graphics? Doesn't matter if you were the first, it matters if you were the first to do it right. And FF7 didn't do it right. And I'm not, I'm compairing Final Fantasy 7 to Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie. Both games that were well more better than FF7, especially Banjo-Kazooie.

Let's be honest, the combat got boring after a while, I'm not a huge fan of RPGs. Yes, I enjoy them, but it's harder for me to get into them.

Yes, yes, One-Winged Angel was a good song. But after you've heard it thousands of times from Dissida and, THAT fight in Kingdom Hearts that made me break my controller, you kinda don't care anymore and just want it to stop.

Best story? Pfft, I beg to differ. The Walking Dead, Team Fortress 2, Transistor, Call of Duty: Bla- Well, maybe not Call of Duty JUST yet. And hell, even Watch_Dogs and Kingdom Hearts have better stories. All of them.

Okay, yes, I get it, IGN, GameFan and all that love the game, but with a Metacritic of only 92... Let's see what beats that... Portal 2, Half-Life 1/2 (Personally hate Half-Life, but 'eh), Company of Heroes, Bioshock, Skyrim, and GTA V all have higher Metacritic scores.

I don't get Sephiroth, he's just... Something about him irritates me. Maybe it's that unfair battle with him in Kingdom Hearts, maybe it's the COMMUNITY, maybe it's the fact he's a jerk, or the fact the final boss with him SUCKS. BAD.

Now, a final boss can be bad and still be good, if the ending is perfect. Just look at Portal 2, the boss was easy, especially if you knew what to do. But the ending? That, my good sir/ma'am, is how you make an ending.

FF7's entire story left me just wanting for it to get it over and done with already. Especially that laughably horrible bit where *Spoilers, if you care* Aerilith dies (if I got her name right). The god awful dialogue and stupid graphics left me laughing while the entire scene was playing. And that goes for a lot of the other scenes in the game. Same goes for the Crisis Core version of FF7. Ending was let down with stupid dialogue that would be 1-Upped by Halo: Reach's ending.

From all the YouTube video's I've watched about Top 10 Games, none had Final Fantasy 7 in it. I've actually seen FF7 in Overrated Top 10's, which is where it'll be in my list, in the Top 3.

Well, I like Call of Duty for being incredibly fun, especially Black Ops II. I like Grand Theft Auto for having no boundaries on what it shows you, and Halo's only fun if you have friends. None of those I found in FF7. AT ALL.
ararmer1919

Con

ararmer1919 forfeited this round.
KatanaBladeNeko

Pro

KatanaBladeNeko forfeited this round.
ararmer1919

Con

ararmer1919 forfeited this round.
KatanaBladeNeko

Pro

Wow, uh. Good debate?
ararmer1919

Con

ararmer1919 forfeited this round.
Posted by ararmer1919 2 years ago
ararmer1919
Lol.
Posted by a-man-named-john 2 years ago
a-man-named-john
just because someone says that something is blasphemes doesn't mean that the bible is being quoted it just means that the person has a good vocabulary which you lack severely now it makes since why you don't like final fantasy its because you had no idea what they were saying but hey it's ok not all of were gifted with a quick and sharp tong.
Posted by a-man-named-john 2 years ago
a-man-named-john
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
KatanaBladeNekoararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't know what this final fantasy thing is all about, but reading Con's arguments, he gave a lot more substantial information, although much of it relied on credentials. Pro's strategy was opinion listing, which often happens in these debates. Still, the opinion of others is more valuable than ones own opinion. Conduct to Pro and arguments to con