shrekfast
Ya_Boi_Em

Fine Arts in Education

Ya_Boi_Em has forfeited round #2.
Started: 2/19/2018 Category: Arts

shrekfast

Pro

Should at least one semester of a fine arts class, which includes band, chorus, art, and dance, be required to graduate high school?
Ya_Boi_Em

Con

No, it shouldn't. I don't see a use to finish such classes as a need to graduate. It should only be optional classes, because there's no reason to teach kids to sing, and play instruments when they're not going to need it for college or to further their lifestyle. If the student were taught this, then it would be a waste of time.
shrekfast

Pro

Thanks for your input.
If physical education is required in schools, then why shouldn't a fine arts class be?
Posted by emmetro 4 months ago
emmetro
I totally think fine arts should be required. I think it would open kids mind to more than the core academics and give them an outlet. It would only enrich their education and make them more aware of the other things out there in the world.