bladnik26
Matt_U

Firearms shouldn't be regulated any further, and CCW location bans should be lifted.

bladnik26

Pro

Obviously due to the recent Newtown shooting there has been a spike in talks of the second amendment and if it should be altered. When I hear these bickering politicians it annoys me because the decision seems obvious. I believe very strongly that high-powered rifles and semi-auto firearms should not be illegalized just because of one incident. I also think that if 26 adults were gunned down in an office building, that no one would notice. Finally I think that a quick and easy way to solve the problem of these mass-murders is to lift the bans on where you can bring your concealed weapons. I don't just mean in schools too, I mean everywhere, malls, theaters, work, anywhere that some wacko could come in and lights out a handful of people. If you have an armed apponent, or even a few, your chances of taking these people down goes down. I'm sure that there are many teachers, retail workers, and workers that have their CCW's that would be glad to save thirty people by sending a lead chunk hurdling into some punks skull. I respect any opponent that whishes to battle me in this argument of rights.
Matt_U

Con

We are not fretting over once incident, we are fretting over many. automatic weapons have been used in a lot of the recent tragedies such as the Movie Theater Massacre and the recent Sandy Hook shooting. These weapons are nto made to be domestic- they are made for military use. what use is there for an assault rifle in a domestic area? it's just screaming violence.
bladnik26

Pro

First of all, I'm not talking about full-auto weapons, it's hard enough to get those. What I'm talking about are high powered civilian rifles, M4's etc. I think that trying to limit them is retarded, your gonna get them one way or an other if you want them bad enough. Secondly, semi-auto guns are sold to the public, you take them away and people are just going to get them on the black market. Finally, you didn't say anything about the CCW thing. If you arm the proprietors of the associations that are home to the massacres then you take out the bad guys before they can cause too much harm.
Matt_U

Con

who would you arm? we dont know where this could happen next!
bladnik26

Pro

I'm not saying arm anyone new, what I'm saying is that I think that the teachers, store clerks, and mall workers that have their CCW'S should be allowed to carry their weapons in their institutions so that when the SHTF they are ready to end it. Have you been paying attention here, or are you just another teenage liberal that thinks that America sucks and wishes that they could be helping baby pandas in North Korea?
Matt_U

Con

1. When a break in happens, whether it be in a school, mall or wherever, a witness isn't going to immediately defend themselves, there gonna hide.

2. I love America. I would die for it.

3. Panda's really?

Vote Placed by Niwsa 3 years ago
Niwsa
bladnik26Matt_UTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm with 16k, Pro was better as a debater but didn't prove anything unfortunately.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 3 years ago
16kadams
bladnik26Matt_UTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side won. Pro made better points but failed to meet his BOP.