Frank_Blascovic
EverGrinningBear

First Person Shooters

Started: 4/18/2013 Category: Technology

Frank_Blascovic

Con

I believe that the video game market is extremely congested with First Person Shooters. Most of them just feel like carbon copies of one another. This is not good, if this continues we might end up with another market crash.
EverGrinningBear

Pro

I humbly accept the challenge from Frank_Blascovic for First Person Shooters

"I believe that the video game market is extremely congested with First Person Shooters. Most of them just feel like carbon copies of one another. This is not good, if this continues we might end up with another market crash."

What I believe I am accepting to is the Con argument of First Person Shoots are becoming "carbon copies", a
a replica of a person or group that lacks any sort of originality or unique thought, that might lead to a market crash of games.
http://www.urbandictionary.com...

I believe First Person Shooters, FPS, games are becoming as diverse as they ever have been in recent years with examples from FPS as defined at http://en.wikipedia.org...

"World War II Online, released in 2001, featured a persistent and "massively multiplayer environment"

"Metroid Prime, released in 2002 for the Nintendo GameCube, a highly praised console first-person shooter, incorporated action adventure elements such as jumping puzzles and built on the Metroid series of 2D side-scrolling platform-adventures."

"In 2003, PlanetSide allowed hundreds of players at once to compete in a persistent world and was also promoted as the "world's first massively multiplayer online first person shooter."

"Later in 2007, Irrational Games' BioShock would be acclaimed by some commentators as the best game of that year for its innovation in artistry, narrative and design,"

"Crytek games Far Cry (2004) and Crysis (2007) as well as Ubisoft's Far Cry 2 (2008) would break new ground in terms of graphics and large, open-ended level design, whereas Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007), Resistance: Fall of Man (2006) and its sequel Resistance 2 (2008) presented increasingly refined linear levels and narratives, with the fast pace and linearity of the Call of Duty games bearing a resemblance to rail shooters. In 2006, GamaSutra reported the first-person shooter as one of the biggest and fastest growing video game genres in terms of revenue for publishers."

Last paragraph does suggest, because it not like it was obvious enough from a true gamers perceptive, that Call of Duty games are nearly replicas of all previous generations but when compared to the progress of games such as Battlefield and expansion of the Halo series are major contenders to the diversity of the major FPS gaming market as I see now.
Frank_Blascovic

Con

I am extremely sorry but I must forfeit this debate. I will be very busy for the next week and will not have time to debate.
EverGrinningBear

Pro

I have to say I really would have wished to enjoyed this debate and hope if it could ever be continued I would gladly accept and believe it will be more benefital to the debate at a later time.
Until next time I believe I will accept that my oppenent cannot make an arguement and will choose to forfiet at this time.
Frank_Blascovic

Con

Frank_Blascovic forfeited this round.
EverGrinningBear

Pro

EverGrinningBear forfeited this round.