DefineRich
DarkSideKyp

Five night's at Freddy is one of the best horror games!

Started: 9/29/2014 Category: Games

DefineRich

Pro

Round #1 Acceptance
Round #2 Argument
Round #3 Closing statement
DarkSideKyp

Con

I am well aware of the game Five Nights at Freddy's. I own it, and play it often. However, calling it the best horror game is a serious overstatement, for primarily one reason:
It isn't a true horror game. It can be frightening at times, but it isn't horror. At no point in the game are you ever scared of what's in the game, you are scared of what pops up when you least expect it. Personally, I feel no fear of the characters. I do, however, become momentarily shocked when they jump up with their faces staring directly at the camera.
Startling as the game is, I have never been truly afraid to play it. In my opinion, there are many better horror games out there that actually provide some sense of terror to the player.
Another thing that bothers me about the game is its lack of plot. Aside from knowing where you are, there isn't much more to the story. For example, who are you? Who's the man on the phone? Why do the animatronics attack you? For me, the plot holes are big enough to fall and get stuck in.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a pretty good game, but one of the best? Absolutely not.
DefineRich

Pro

DefineRich forfeited this round.
DarkSideKyp

Con

DarkSideKyp forfeited this round.
DefineRich

Pro

DefineRich forfeited this round.
DarkSideKyp

Con

DarkSideKyp forfeited this round.
Posted by Cooldudebro 2 years ago
Cooldudebro
It's pretty good and probably one of the best.