Cowboy0108
loveu157

Fixing society

loveu157

Cowboy0108

Pro

1. I believe that we should bring some of the Christian philosophy into the government. I am not trying to teach creationism in schools or things like that. I am trying to fix the society by doing things like using the bible to discuss abortion and the definition of marriage. I believe that we should emphasize many of the ten commandments in the schools. I will add more as the debate continues.
2. I believe that the government should change its focus. I would start by giving the death penalty to murders, rapists, and child molesters. I support taking away things that go against the Bible like gay marriage and abortion. More will be added as the debate continues.
3. The schools should change their focus. How children are raised influence their choices later on in life. I support teaching abstinence and that sex before marriage is bad. I support teaching that divorce is bad(I am sympathetic to those with cheating spouses or abusive ones). I support emphasizing leadership and speaking one's mind. I support emphasizing defending one's self, both physically and verbally. More will come as the debate continues.

The burden of proof is shared. I must prove my plan and you must prove your plan or lack thereof.
The first round is you stating your plan. No criticism here.
The rest is fair game.
loveu157

Con

1. It is stupid to bring bible into the government. People are not just christians in america and that would be combining church and state wich has never worked before. If we followed every word in the bible we would stone people who are having affairs, all grow beards, and will only teach our children ideas from a book surrounded by mystery.

2. SEX IS NOT A BAD THING. It is what people do when they want to show affection for each other. Humans are supposed to have free will and they have the right to marry. We have the right to chose who we love and why is there so many people protesting gay marriage and no one protesting divorce? because they use the bible as an exuse.

3. students need to know how to have safe sex not no sex. If you don't want babes born then why are you anti contraception.
Cowboy0108

Pro

1. Mostly, I am supporting the adoption of the basic philosophy, not the entire thing.
2. I simply support the sanctity of marriage. By having sex outside of marriage and including gays, marriage is no longer a special thing. It will become nothing more than what people advertise on tax returns.
3. If I do not want babies born without one parent, both parents, or teenage parents why not teach abstinence. It maintains the sanctity of marriage and is more full proof than a condom or birth control pills. Do not have sex, do not get STD's or pregnant.

You ignored my points on the changes in punishments and my ideas about defense of one's self.
loveu157

Con

You have just repeated your points rephrased in different ways

1.Even a little bible will still be mixing church and state. America is the melting pot with all different religions so are you saying that we should only introduce bible and not torah or quaran. This is a form of racism because you will only listen to belifes of people like you.

2.marrying someone is always a special thing. You say I'm going to spend my life with this person and i really love them. If god gave us free will then why can people not marry who they like.

3. people are stupid! We all are stupid. If you don't give out condoms and you are horny or want to have sex do you think learning abstinence will stop you? Not at all. You will have sex because you want it.

The bible is something that you can not take your ways of life from.
Cowboy0108

Pro

1. The constitution at no point ever mentions separation of church and state. It says that America cannot establish a state religion or prevent the practice of a religion. Bringing biblical philosophies into government and schools will not affect this.
2. I can see where you are coming from except that your logic supports polygamy. Guy A likes Girls B,C, and D. Why choose, why not marry them all. He is doing exactly as you said, he is marrying the girls he likes.
3. Christianity is already the majority religion of the United States. In addition, many of the principles discussed in the bible can also be found in the torah and some in the Quran.
4. Sex is supposed to be something married people do. Society is teaching that it is something that it is something adults do, and it becoming something that it acceptable for teenagers to do.
5. I seriously doubt that bringing in the biblical philosophy would make society worse than it is. Again, I am saying philosophy, i don't even care to teach creationism in school(though I believe it, knowing how the world began does not affect society like my other points).
6. Society can use biblical ideals for determinning things like abortion, murder, gay rights, education, parenting, government, and many more things.

Few can disagree with what the Bible says. Society will not get worse by adopting the Bible as a tool. Vote Pro. Thank you everyone who reads and votes.
loveu157

Con

man

you keep saying the sakes things told differently.

1.Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org...

2. I did infact never say anything about polygamy. Also polygamy was an ideal practiced by the morman church. That is a christian church. There are still so many different beliefs from different people. The fact that you only recognize christian ideals is racist. That is similar anti gays saying that they have gay friends.

3. the bible is different then the torah or quaran (enough said).

4. Where does it say that you may only have sex if your a husband or wife? (don't use the bible to support your awnser because that would be relating to #3 and #2)

5. you state that you are unsure. Like i said before there are different religions then christianity.

You have used incorrect data and only listened to the sound of your own voice. You have also just rephrased what you have said in different ways.

Obvious decision Vote Con.

PEACE
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
Cowboy0108loveu157Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't argue, just made claims. Con was better at justifying claims.
Vote Placed by Gondun 3 years ago
Gondun
Cowboy0108loveu157Tied
Reasons for voting decision: As Con said, you cannot force Christianity and the Bible onto everyone.
Vote Placed by Pennington 3 years ago
Pennington
Cowboy0108loveu157Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I give conduct to Pro because Con ignored some points. Con won point 1. Pro won point 2. Pro won point 3. Pro gets arguments. Sources go to Con. S/G goes to Pro.