WohMi
EliseG1010

Flat Earth isn't real.

WohMi

Pro

How do I explain this... If the earth was flat, first of all, Gravity would make everyone slip off the side of the world. Second of all, how does flat earth explain eclipses. Third of all, why would anyone try to hide flat earth from people? I have many more questions. I am a Christian, so you can't tell me that round earth is just a "theory for Satanists and Atheists." I believe God made the world round, however it's widely accepted in multiple religions that the Earth is round.
EliseG1010

Con

First off, you're looking at it the wrong way. Flat Earthers don't believe that the water just falls off the edge, they believe that the edge of the Earth is in Antarctica. They believe this because in Antarctica there is a giant wall made of ice that world widely agreed not to be explored. This is how they hide it. Now onto your next point, "How does flat earth explain eclipses?" That I know of there is only two theories concerning this part. One is of course that just because the Earth is flat does not necessarily mean that there's no space. Some also believe that the sun just goes around the edge of the flat Earth, instead of straight over. Now this belief is a bit more complicated. Many flat Earhters believe that the is also no such thing as space, instead there is a firmament. This is a structure above the Earth's atmosphere that looks like a vast solid dome. Above the dome is water. Now, you say that you are a Christian, so you should know of this. After all, the firmament is in Genesis since "God created the firmament to separate the water above from the waters below." Now you also say round Earth is widely accepted by multiple religions. Flat Earth was also mentioned in many religions such as: ancient Egypt who believed the sky was held up with pillars, Greeks, who believed the sky was held up by Atlas, the Sumerians, Celtics, Jews, and many more. So I believe this disproves your points, anything else?
WohMi

Pro

Your argument about that ice wall has quite a bit of flaws. How is it that some Arctic and Antarctic days and nights last for way longer than other days and nights?
That part about you saying that the sun goes around the edge of the earth instead of above it? Then wouldn't that massive wall of ice you're talking about be melted/block the suns rays? After all, if it's closest to the sun, it should be pretty hot there. Also, that still Another point I'd made is that one of the pictures that the Official Flat Earth Twitter posted is a picture of an airplane "flying over the edge." This image has several problems with it. The image itself appears to be taken on a beach. There is no sign of a tremendous ice wall, like most flat Earthers say there is.
Another point that I'd like to make is that the people who you say believed in the dome above flat Earth are all ancient civilizations, including Greeks, who frequently made human sacrifices (Check out Ancient Sparta History, they're freaking nuts), Egyptians (Who worshiped bugs, cats, and dreams), Sumerians (worshiped the dirt, water, wind, and a bunch of other crazy things), Celtics ( They have a god about RABBIT MAGIC.), and Jews (ask a Modern Day Jewish person if they believe the Earth is flat.)

Another question I have is how we are still staying on the surface. Wouldn't it make more sense that we are all being pulled down by a central force, instead of standing on the edge of a Flat Earth. What is the flat Earth suspended on? Is it just flying? Or is it just hanging on something?

Also, since most flat-earthers are Christians, I'd like to point out that the Vatican (which is one of the heads of Churches) made a statement comparing Donald Trump to flat earthers. I will leave the link at the bottom of the article. So, not even the head of the Catholic Church believes that the earth is flat. Another point is that you said there is a "dome" How would that explain, that We have sent multiple spacecraft and rockets costing millions of dollars, that large groups of people have witnessed large rockets flying into the atmosphere that cost incredible amounts of money, that they're just bumping into a dome. What is outside of the dome? Is it nothing? Is it Heaven? Is it Hell? What would happen if we were to "fall off" the edge? Also, I have one more point to make. How would it be possible, that all, and I mean all governments have the belief that the Earth is round. If so many people believe it, then why isn't it more widespread? I wish I had more time, but I slept earlier than I normally did, so I didn't have much time to write this. I look forward to your views on this.
EliseG1010

Con

Genesis says that the Earth is suspended atop pillars. You saying that the ancient civilizations were crazy is bias and has offers no support to your argument after all in the future we'll be the crazy ones. I never said most flat-Earthers are Christian, so the Vatican can have their own opinions, The rockets don't go into space, some people believe that it is all staged. This would fit well considering that Elon Musk's tesla in space videos look animated. Rockets bumping into the firmament was seen in a launch years ago when the rocket hit something and created something that looked like a tear, though some say that the rocket hit a UFO. Both theories are equally as possible. The theory of Flat Earth is wide spread there are people everywhere that believe in it though it's such an old debate people ignore to research into it. I'm not saying the sun goes directly next to the ice wall, I'm saying that it goes around it. In a oval if you want to think about it that way. The Official Flat Earth twitter has nothing to do with anything I have said, I don't even agree with half the things they say. So, yes I agree that picture is a phony. Though go ahead and look at pictures of the Earth they all look like they are from a virtual reality game. Honestly I believe that if people would do their research before picking a side and automatically believing everything the government says they might change their mind. The government has given out false information "Anonymous" has shown this.
Your turn.
WohMi

Pro

It's called virtual reality cause It looks realistic. Also my bad, my brother was on my computer, never meant to create this argument. You win LOL
EliseG1010

Con

Okay, virtual reality, bad example, something else animated then.
Your brother puts up a good argument by the way.
Posted by Masterful 5 months ago
Masterful
What about other planets? I have a telescope and on certain nights I can see Venus and even Mars. Not only does this add legitimacy to the current model, but I see them as round and rocky.