DrAnomaly
Edlvsjd

Flat Earth

DrAnomaly has forfeited round #2.

DrAnomaly

Con

Hello! You said you'd like to have a debate over the flat earth, and I am totally willing to oblige! I'll start of with an argument against flat earth.

All flat Earthers I've ever interacted with agree that the Azimuthal Equidistant Projection is the proper map to be used when referring to Earth, and is an accurate representation of the flat Earth. The Azimuthal Equidistant Projection has the north pole in the center, with Antarctica wrapping around. This explains how planes circumnavigate the Earth, when they fly east to west, they fly in a circle around the north pole.

However that creates some big problems. The latitude becomes increasingly warped within this model. This causes the distances to be wrapped as well. In this video by a YouTube channel called CoolHardLogic he points out the problems with this model in a way more elegant than I probably ever could, so here is the link. https://www.youtube.com...

My argument can be summarized as this: The Azimuthal Equidistant Projection used by flat Earthers creates distance disparities which lead to problems with circumnavigation, both in theory and in practice. In an example a direct flight between Sydney and Johannesburg, which CoolHardLogic elaborates on further in his video.
Edlvsjd

Pro

Great, I'm looking forward to a scientific debate full of logical discourse.

Sorry, but I'm not every other flat earther you've encountered. I have abandoned that map long ago. This is controlled opposition. They knew the flat earth was coming for many years now, and that map was introduced to us likely for people that are interested or are suspecting the flat earth. It is a means of disproving the accepted flat earth model.

However that creates some big problems. The latitude becomes increasingly warped within this model. This causes the distances to be wrapped as well. In this video by a YouTube channel called CoolHardLogic he points out the problems with this model in a way more elegant than I probably ever could, so here is the link."https://www.youtube.com......

This is an example. CHL is not refuting the flat earth, which has been proven with the scientific method on several occasions, he is refuting the Azimuthal Equidistant map. I am not a cartographer, so I can't assume the map is accurate. For you to prove that the earth is a spinning ball, you must prove that the waters that make up the earth's surface is not flat, as we can observe on a daily basis, you must prove that water has a measurable curve, and that there is axial or orbital rotation. Without this, you are assuming the main tenants of the dichotomy here, and our conclusion.

The Azimuthal Equidistant map is wrong.
Posted by Edlvsjd 3 months ago
Edlvsjd
Didn't think it would be that short
Posted by Edlvsjd 3 months ago
Edlvsjd
I'll be happy to accept. Give me some preparation time.