Truth_seeker
Jedi4

Flirting is unbiblical

Jedi4
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Truth_seeker

Pro

I argue that while it isn't a sin, it should be strongly advised against. I would preferably want to debate another Christian on this.

Flirting - social or sexual communication as well as body language suggesting a romantic/sexual interest in another person for a relationship. This includes, but not limited to: touching, laughing while suggesting interest, flattery, suggestive comments, winking, etc.

First round acceptance
Jedi4

Con

Hey.

I accept (i do)
Truth_seeker

Pro

Let me point out that no where in the Bible does it mention flirting. The act of flirting is something that we see in our modern world, but not in Scripture. In ancient days, arranged marriages were practiced. Courtship was more of the norm than dating. The couple could not see each other until they were at the wedding. Family honor was also a vital factor. With that in mind, the culture of the Bible is far different from our own, thus we should take caution and draw influences from it.

I now point out the verses in the Bible to demonstrate why flirting isn't biblical.

I begin with Genesis 2:18

"18 The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

God made a helper comparable to Adam's self, not focused on attraction, but on compatibility. Verse 23 expresses the closeness of both the man and the woman. Flirting does not build that closeness, it simply suggests it.

Gen. 4:1 " Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the Lord."

In Hebrew thought, the act of knowing a person goes far beyond having sex, but giving yourself wholeheartedly to that person. Flirting doesn't build that level of personal relationship.

Throughout the Bible, we find that it's based on marriage and teaches us what to look for in a wife. It teaches us the essence of personal relationships. We as believers should not mindlessly and immaturely copy the world's standards.

We shouldn't use the Bible or church, etc. In flirting. It's not about whether or not they are good and attractive Christian guy or girl, it's about the power of Jesus Christ working in their life to make them more like him. It's about finding compatibility in them.

Flirting using "Christian " pick up lines and stuff like "if God wills it " can be deceiving if you're not serious and are only using that to show interest or avoid it. There's alot of faith, power, and godliness in those kinds of words and to use them in such a way on other believers just to spark superficial interest or let them down gently says alot about your spiritual maturity. Christians should never play around with the will of God and with the Bible.

That being said, Christians should focus on mature relationships built on the Word of God.
Jedi4

Con

I will respond to my opponnets argument in a Charle Chuckson way while adocating for theological sexual freeism (the idea that there should be NO laws regarding sex whatsoever.)

Charle Chuckson style (refute opponets arguments then provide your own.

Proops arguments

Proop quotes the bibile (amen). His arguments are the poo poo tho. Prop quotes Genesis. But the problem is cuz gensis is descirptive about adam and eve. What is meant for adam isn't what's meant for us todays. Also eve was made adam's wife from the start so he didn't need to flirt with her (who the hell flirths with their wife?). Flirting isnt meant to make you know the person becuase fliriting is used in the start of a relationship! Not late in it.

My arguments via Carl Vox Manuli style

The bible advocates sexual freeism

argument is this like

1: If sexual freeism is true, then flirting is k
2: Sexual freeism is true
C: Flirting is k.

The Proof via the bible

1: Jesus' advice.

in John 4:10-16 a women goes upto Jesus and says "Ay i need adice about husband" and jesus said "Sallow". Jesus told the women to drink the mans seman.

The proof

Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, "Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water." 11 The woman said to him, "Sir, you have no bucket, and the well is deep. Where do you get that living water?...15 The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water, so that I may never be thirsty or have to keep coming here to draw water." 16 Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come back." (John 4:10-16)

Jesus told the women to go drink of the man's seed. Living water is water if life in it, that is talking about none other than seeman.

Song of solllowman

The song of sollowman is very flirty. Check it out

Awake, O north wind, and come, wind of the south; make my garden breathe out fragrance, let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden and eat its choice fruits! (Song of Sollowman 4:16)

The Bible is also an advocate of anal.

. Lamentations 2:10 describes how “The virgins of Jerusalem have bowed their heads to the ground,” indicating how a virginal maidens should position themselves to receive anal sex. Another suggestive scripture tells of a woman’s pride in her “valley” (referring to her buttocks and the cleft between them) and entices her lover to ejaculate against her backside: "How boastful you are about the valleys! O backsliding daughter who trusts in her treasures, {saying,} ' Who will come against me?' (Jeremiah 49:4) And in the Song of Songs, the lover urges his mate to allow him to enter her from behind: “Draw me after you, let us make haste.” (Song of Solomon, 1:4)

The bible also advocates for fisting

O God, God of our ancestors, are you not God in heaven above and ruler of all kingdoms below? You hold all power and might in your fist.” (2 Chronicles 20:6)

It is the voice of my beloved! He knocks, saying, "Open for me, my sister, my love, My dove, my perfect one”…My love thrust his hand through the opening, and my feelings were stirred for him. (Song of Solomon 5:2-4)

This knocking is an opening and straching of the anus for anal fisting.

Ephesians 5:22-26 seems to suggest BDSM in christ.

The bible says we can have the oral anal, BDSM and fist but we cannot flirt??????? No because the bible advocates for sexual freeism.

Since the bible advocates for sexual freeism, the argument is proven true and I am right,

ahahahahaha

To the other debaotr
Truth_seeker

Pro

"eve was made adam's wife from the start so he didn't need to flirt with her (who the hell flirths with their wife?). Flirting isnt meant to make you know the person becuase fliriting is used in the start of a relationship! Not late in it. "

Gen. 2:23 the man already found his other half (this is before he calls her his wif ) thus he says "this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh " no flirting was involved

Your trolling, vote pro
Jedi4

Con

Pro forfiets by failed to respond my arguments.

"
Gen. 2:23 the man already found his other half (this is before he calls her his wif ) thus he says "this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh " no flirting was involved"

Yeah i know... I said there didn't need to be because she was created for him. You have dropped my arguments and failed.

Vote con
Truth_seeker

Pro

"Yeah i know... I said there didn't need to be because she was created for him. You have dropped my arguments and failed."

Myths are to establish behavior (1). Therefore the story of Adam and Eve is still relevant to us as believers (Romans 5, 1 Cor. . On top of that, you ignore the fact that when they were created, no flirting was involved and you failed to address these points:

1. Prov. 18:22 says "he who finds a wife.." Proverbs 19:14 "House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord." Throughout the Bible, it always speaks of people finding their wives or other half. No where is flirting mentioned.

2. "Flirting using "Christian " pick up lines and stuff like "if God wills it " can be deceiving if you're not serious and are only using that to show interest or avoid it. There's alot of faith, power, and godliness in those kinds of words and to use them in such a way on other believers just to spark superficial interest or let them down gently says alot about your spiritual maturity. Christians should never play around with the will of God and with the Bible."

You failed to biblically refute these points and establish flirting as biblical.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
Jedi4

Con

This is bullsh1t.

Pro ignored everything! Lets examine his failed propositions.

Myths are to establish behavior

If the bible is a myth than God wont be mad when we flirt because he wouldnt be real. Also his source was myths in general not the bible.

Prov. 18:22 says "he who finds a wife.." Proverbs 19:14 "House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord." Throughout the Bible, it always speaks of people finding their wives or other half. No where is flirting mentioned.

It also doesn't say speaking happened. This verse is very vauge and we shouldn't base whats unbilbical based on what it doesn't mention in a vauge verse.

"Flirting using "Christian " pick up lines

No reason to respond to this. Just don't use christian pickup lines. Pick up lines in general are stupid and will make the women's puzz dry up. Anyway, only a moron would think a pickup line is true, so the women is probably too stupid to reproduce ect.

If god wills it isnt even a pick up line. A pick up line is meant to pick up the b1tches. This line will bore the b1tches.

Better lines are like this

Now I know why Solomon had 700 wives... Because he never met you.
For you I would slay two Goliaths.
You float my ark.
Is it hot in here or is that just the Holy Spirit burning inside of you?
So last night I was reading in the book of Numbers, and I realized... I don't have yours!
I didnt believe in predestination until tonight.
The word says 'Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry'... how about dinner?
I know its absurd, but every time I walk towards you, it feels like I'm being lead to Bethlehem.
My spiritual gift is my good looks... it lifts peoples spirits
You are so unblemished that I would sacrifice you.
You are perfect, except with all the sin.
Hey baby, you have some nice tits.
I went on a beach mission but all I ended up doing was mission you.
Is this the transfiguration? Because you are glowing.
I used to believe in natural theology, but since I met you I've converted to divine revelation.
Bathsheba had nothing on you.
Mark Driscoll takes up 35% of my ipod memory.
Bible-Gateway happens to be my homepage.
Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Gilead.
How many times do I have to walk around you to make you fall for me?
How would you like to join my Purpose Driven Life?
If you say no, I will rip out my hair and my beard.
Unfortunately I cant perform miracles and I've only got enough bread and fish for 2 people.
It's obvious to me that you sprouted from the good kinda soil.
I believe one of my ribs belongs to you.
I just don't feel called to celibacy.
I'm a proverbs 32 kind of guy and you're a proverbs 31 kinda woman...
If we were around with Noah... then you, me... pair.
Let me sell you an indulgence because it's a sin to look as good as you do.
I'm pretty much considered an elder in the congregation these days.
Me. You. Song of Songs: the remix.
When I read philippians 4:8, I think about you.
I put the "stud" in bible study.
I didn't know angels flew this low.
I'm no Joseph... perhaps you can help me interpreting the dreams I've been having about you?
Is it a sin that you stole my heart?
Is your name Faith? Cause you're the substance of things I've hoped for.
Want to practice speaking in tongues with me?
Here's my number... Call me if you need prayer.
What's your name and number so I can add you to my "prayer" list?
I'm usually not very prophetic, but I can see us together.
I would leave 99 sheep to come and find you... and then I would carry you home joyfully on my shoulder
Look, you're nearly 22. Most christians are 3 years into marriage by now... just settle for me.
You make me want to be a better Christian.
You make the Queen of Sheba look like a hobo.
Do you need prayer? because I am certainly willing to lay hands on you.

Hoooly sh1t I got christian b1tches knockin on my door. Have to turn them down, brb.

Im back

anyway Pro has failed and failed so hard. The resoluion is unproven and I have refuted it all.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 2 years ago
LogicalLunatic
So let me get this straight...you think that Premarital Sex is okay...but flirting is wrong?
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
Laughing??? Winking??? Suggestive comments??? Don't mind if I suggest you leave with your oppressive BS while I laugh and wink convulsively.
Posted by lefillegal1 2 years ago
lefillegal1
I would love to debate this with you but cant because of restrictions, we are already in another debate, maybe next time
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
Winking? Flattery? Hell, even laughing should " be advised against"? What?
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Well, whether you are religious or non-religious, I would highly advise anyone not to ignore their feelings; these feelings are natural and can be better understood when we are free from shame and concern over what is otherwise a natural reaction. Ignoring these feelings is why we have so many religious rapists out there - they just bottle up their drive - one day it becomes bigger than them.
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
sure
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Can you define flirting for.the purposes of this debate? I wouldn't want to accidentally engage in semantics.
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
either or both
Posted by Palmo10 2 years ago
Palmo10
depends...do you mean sexual flirting or pure attraction?
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
yea
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Truth_seekerJedi4Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con proves the Bible is k with lust and courting and sex. dat formatting do