BL143
iamsu

Follow your dreams like abdul kalam and kalpana chawla!!

BL143

Con

These are the lines we Indians often hear from our motivational speakers. They keep telling kids to dream about the way they want to live or about the profession they wish to choose. These teachers"s outlook about the concept of dreaming is undeniable because we cannot achieve what we cannot dream. However, their perception about following our dreams is something questionable.With examples of kalpana and kalam kids are compelled to set long term goals and work accordingly. But doesn"t this approach restrain their ability to dream? What if a kid grows dreaming to be a pilot and later realizes that is not where he is destined to be? What if kids realize their true (new) dream in the course of life? Should we consider them as "people weak at will"? The answer is big "NO". Let this big No be substantiated with few No"s from real life examples. Did Bill Gates in his childhood ever dreamt of becoming the richest man on earth, or Prince Gowtham Siddhartha ,a Buddha, or rajinikanth ,a superstar?
Kalam and Kalpana are lucky people. I mean no disrespect to those aces who still are the best dream initiators we ever had. We should consider them lucky because their dreams remained unaltered through out their life. However everyone"s dreams are not eternal. Everyone are not as lucky as they are. I wonder why these teachers while speaking about dreams never quote examples of chethan bhagath who never dreamt of becoming a writer or about Mahatma Gandhi who never thought of leading Indian independence movement until he returned back from England. These people"s dreams are not eternal; they changed according to their growing passion or changing times.
So lets us not inflict kid's mind with wrong notions. Let us stop confusing them with long term goals and examples of kalam and kalpana. Let us stop coercing them to dream. Let kids dream their own dreams.

`
iamsu

Pro

Firstly, I sincerely offer my apology for long delay in posting my argument....
My standpoint on this topic is, "There is nothing wrong when our motivational speakers use the names of Kalpana Chawla and Kalam to inspire kids to follow dreams like them, and it doesn't inflict any wrong notions in the minds of the kids".
Friend, it is not about short term or long term goals when someone use the names of Kalpana Chawla and Kalam to inspire kids, but it is the fascination a kid have towards space. In our childhood, our parents and grandparents use lot of folktales about moon or stars or anything in the outer space to put us on focus. Why? because kids normally have a intrinsic fascination towards the celestial objects. It is because of this, the motivational speakers use those two contemporary personalities to inspire kids to follow dreams like them. Both of their work is related to space (and there are also many other things in Kalam which inspires kid). This will leave a positive impact on the kid.
And after they grownup, if someone, who set their goals in the lines of Kalpana Chawla and Kalam as a kid, realized that it is not their destiny, they will change their goals according to their changed passions and they shouldn't be called as "people at weak will", on which you agreed. As they are grownup now, there is every chance that they may follow in the lines of Gandhi or Bill Gates or Rajini kanth or Chetan Bhagath or Buddha or any other else because their maturity level has grownup and they can decide upon themselves.
And yes, the motivational speakers can also use other personalities to inspire kids to follow their dreams in that lines but there is nothing wrong if they say "follow your dreams like Kalpana Chawla and Kalam".
BL143

Con

BL143 forfeited this round.
iamsu

Pro

I forfeit this round......
BL143

Con

BL143 forfeited this round.
iamsu

Pro

I forfeit...
Posted by challavijay 12 months ago
challavijay
yes abdul kalam quotes are awesome and he is one of the inspirational person to everyone.
Posted by BL143 4 years ago
BL143
yes please accept it!!
Posted by Magic8000 4 years ago
Magic8000
I think this is the only time on DDO that the word "Kalam" was used that didn't refer to the kalam cosmological argument. You should get a prize.
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
ok, is first round acceptance?
Posted by BL143 4 years ago
BL143
ABDUL KALAM is a former president of INDIA and an aeronautical engineer.
KALPANA CHAWLA is an astronaut.
u need any more info please google it!! or acknowledge me
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
I might accept if I can get a little more info. Who are these people?
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan