SamCovais16
atoy120

Food: steroids, antibiotics, sprays; are food manufacturers killing us?

SamCovais16

Con

The use of pesticides to sterilize crops from bugs may have done more harm than good. They have caused several bouts of sickness to spark over long periods of time. While the benefit of no bacteria from insects is present, the ever looming threat of diseases that we may contract from these pesticides hangs over us every day. Likewise, the use of steroids in our meat farming may cause harm to our bodies.
atoy120

Pro

I guess we are debating opposite sides then. The pesticides are no problem if you wash all crops and stuff that is grown outside before you eat it. More and more farms have stopped using HGH or whatever they use to maximize milk and beef production. The FDA says that the stuff they use now is completely safe. Some people agree and disagree.
SamCovais16

Con

Can't it still harm you if the pesticides sink into the skin of the crops? How can one be sure that there aren't any? Why did they stop using the HGH? What's your opinion on steroids and antibiotics in food?
atoy120

Pro

Yes certain kinds of pesticides can sink through the skin of crops, but there is not much you can do about it unless you want to grow it yourself. Washing the crops removes most if not all the pesticides, it depends what kind they use. There wouldn't be that much pesticides left, and it would be relatively harmless. There is no way to be sure how much is in a crop. There is legal limits. Strawberries have the most pesticides, while mangoes have the least. They stopped using HGH because it can be bad for you if you consume it too much, it's similar to steroids. I don't really like beef so I am not that worried about steroids in it. The only meat I eat is bologna, bacon, hot dogs, chicken nuggets etc. I realize that processed food has it's own consequences but I eat other stuff too. Anyway, they should get more cows instead of antibiotics because it makes bacteria more resistant and is harder to treat. More info on pesticides on crops below. This isn't really a debate but who cares.
http://eartheasy.com...
SamCovais16

Con

SamCovais16 forfeited this round.
atoy120

Pro

No forfeit for me.
SamCovais16

Con

SamCovais16 forfeited this round.
atoy120

Pro

No forfeit for me.