Adore.Joyy
YaHey

Football (Ray Rice)

YaHey
Started: 9/15/2014 Category: Sports

Adore.Joyy

Pro

Ray Rice Shouldn't Be Hated. He Was Just Angry and Punched His Then Fiancee. Haven't You Hit Someone Out of Anger Before? I'm Sure You Have.
YaHey

Con

I assume the topic of the debate is about the domestic abuse situation involving Ray Rice, and you are defending him?

While we all get angry and some have or continue to take this anger out in a physical mannor. However, this does not excuse his actions, nor do they really apply. How the majority has or does act does not make the action okay. Your defense does not apply to Ray Rice's actions, for he not only punched her, but he knocked her unconscious and dragged her unconscious body from the elevator. How often do you find yourself doing either of these acts?
Adore.Joyy

Pro

He Didn't Mean To Knock Her Unconscious, He Was Only Angry and Punched Her Out of Anger. He Dragged Her Out of The Elevator Of Course, What Was He Supposed To Do? Leave Her There? Main Thing is He Got Angry and Punched His Then Fiancee, Knocking Her Unconscious, But Not On Purpose. Adding To This Matter of Fact, She Had Done Something First, He Didn't Just Punch Her First. We Sometimes Get Angry and Do The Same Thing, Haven't You Ever Hit Somebody? You May Not Have Knocked Them Unconscious, But Who Knows When You Might?
YaHey

Con

Yeah, sorry officer. I may have stabbed my fiancee with a knife but I was angry? He did in fact punch her on purpose, so that falls short. There may have been some hitting on her side, but he's a professional athlete that is paid to hit or be hit by muscular, grown men. There is an obvious power difference between the two. I have hit someone before, but this does not justify my actions or Rice's. I think that's pretty easy to comprehend.

If I'm a football player and I am paid partially to remain in physical condition, then I don't punch someone with enough power to knock them unconscious.
Adore.Joyy

Pro

I Don't Know What Else To Tell You, I Have Already Explained Beyond Limit. I Have No More To Say, I Have Proved My Point.
FYI BTW, Ray Didn't Stab His Then Fiancee.
YaHey

Con

You have told me, and I have refuted what you have said. Anger is no excuse for hitting people so hard they become unconscious, neither is that others have hit others in anger.

(fyi btw jsyk it was an analogy)
Vote Placed by Domr 3 years ago
Domr
Adore.JoyyYaHeyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not quite sure, but it seems Pro was trying to argue: "you're actions are not wrong if you are angry"
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
Adore.JoyyYaHeyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had terrible grammar so that point goes to Con. Con also get's arguments as he showed that you just don't do stuff like that out of anger and don't mean it.