bloocoat
gokuFNAF2

Football is better than American Football

bloocoat
Started: 8/22/2015 Category: Sports

bloocoat

Pro

First round is for acceptance
gokuFNAF2

Con

NFL beats all. Accepted.
bloocoat

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate, and good luck. Football is better in every aspect to American Football (proud US citizen by the way). It is physically and mentally more challenging than American football in every way. The stamina required for all 90 minutes, sometimes more, mixed with the strength to hold off defenders, and to take defenders on, the intellectual level required to play this sport at an elite level. Think about it. A typical midfielder, take Andres Iniesta, must be fit at a very very high level. How many calories would you have burned by running box to box for an hour and a half to two hours? The closest comparison to a centre midfielder I can draw would most likely be the quarterback position. Yes, you take big hits, but you are covered by a good amount of pads. Football players do not stop every 5-15 seconds to wait for their next move, it's go, go, go. And when Iniesta loses the ball, he does not come of off the field. He busts his butt to get the ball back, as do the rest of his teammates. Just look up the Barca 6 second video on youtube. And if a fullback wins the ball back, Iniesta doesn't just jump right back into the game, because he already is in the game. And how strong do defenders have to be to go up against these forwards that are flying at them full speed? The strongest footballer (Akinfenwa) in the world can bench 400 pounds, whereas Aaron Rodgers has a max of about 335 pounds. And the mental strength of a football player must be tremendous. As a goalkeeper, I know the pressure of keeping a clean sheet, or saving a penalty. Speaking of penalties. Stopping a penalty as a goalkeeper is much more difficult than anything you must do in American football. Considering you have almost 200 square feet to cover, and you have no idea where to go, and no one else to rely on except yourself. Penalty shootouts suck. Both sides. There is almost more pressure to score a penalty than there is to save it. Back to my point. Goalies are expected to make all of the saves, just as forwards are expected to score every single chance they have. How strong mentally do you have to be if you miss an open goal opportunity with no one around (Yakubu Aiyegbeni 2012 WC) . I look forward to this debate.
gokuFNAF2

Con

gokuFNAF2 forfeited this round.
bloocoat

Pro

Cannot respond to forfeit.
gokuFNAF2

Con

gokuFNAF2 forfeited this round.
bloocoat

Pro

Since my opponent has failed to refute any of my arguments, vote pro!
gokuFNAF2

Con

gokuFNAF2 forfeited this round.
Posted by frankabe 1 year ago
frankabe
I wish I had taken this debate because I though you were talking about rugby. Soccer does require more stamina, but players do get stoppages while playing. Football players are generally stronger, overall, than soccer players. Some soccer players would excel in leg size and strength, but there are plenty of NFLers who can bench over 400.

Certain positions in football are just as mental as soccer. Quarterback is obviously one, but even harder (I think) is defensive back. Especially when playing zone. Footballers definitely take bigger and more hits since that is actually the name of the game.

I love a good defensive battle as much as the next guy, but soccer overdoes it. I think average scoring hss gone down over the decades, which is just under 3 goals being the average per game. That really represents a lopsided game between offense and defense. If you're behind by two goals a few minutes into the second half, then there is a very good good chance you won't win. I can understand the anticipation and exuberance when goal scoring, but a better typical score would be 3-2 instead of 1-0

The other bad thing about soccer is that the offense-defense is so lopsided that kicks at the end of game are necessary to settle it. This style is just the opposite of what was played for the previous 90 minutes. It really makes the game and its style look silly.
Posted by provideoman123 1 year ago
provideoman123
Mr. Brian Justin,

I hope you are doing well. I hope you have won some debates fairly and legitimately. And I hope you remember that all your arguments on the debate Why Am I So Much Better Than Everyone Else created by myself were fictitious and fabricated. I should have been the winner of that debate.

With regards from above,
provideoman123
Posted by brianjustin3709 1 year ago
brianjustin3709
They are both very popular. Soccer is popular almost everywhere and American Football is popular with the super bowl.

Why soccer is better: http://www.realclearsports.com...

Why American Football is better: http://www.demolistic.com...
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
Ehhh, they're both great sports. Why compare the two?
Vote Placed by maydaykiller 1 year ago
maydaykiller
bloocoatgokuFNAF2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
bloocoatgokuFNAF2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture