Asp111
iObject18

Football is for women as well as men.

Started: 4/11/2012 Category: Sports

Asp111

Pro

Many people say that women can not play football. However, I have found that when they say this, they say women are weak. Women are not given the chance to try football past the Young American Football League (YAFL). But if men think women can't play because of politics, they are not familiar with the laws. You can not put anybody under you, all men are created equal. he only league that prohibits women from completely playing is the NFL. So yes, girls have all the right to play outside the NFL.
iObject18

Con

Your argument id valid, however there is no other professional level of football in America other than the NFL (National Football League ) and the Arena Football League ( NOT sure on actual name ) which also prohibits women from playing. some states may vary on rules, but in New Mexico women are prohibited from playing football with men ( due to age and other variables), and there isnt enough interested women in football to create a whole division just for women. Besides if Women were aloud to play football they would be a distraction, and studies have proven that they fatigue faster then Men.
Asp111

Pro

Reading the laws of other states, there is no law that says something like
7B: Women can't play football with men.
There are absolutely no laws in other states that say that women can't play football. With my football experience, I have seen girls playing the sport. You know too,we played Atrisco Valley, and that girl who played as well, if not better, than some of the boys we have seen playing. Also, I have seen in a few, but not all of the High Schools have at least one girl playing for their team.There is one girl division The Augusta National division, which is for girls. Also, with some research I have found that there are girl football divisions in Germany. Not the "soccer" type football, as they call it in England, but actual American-type football. So yes, there are girl divisions for American football.
iObject18

Con

First of all, Did you read the Youth Football rules for all 49 other states? Also, as the age increase for players, so does the competitiveness among players. When you have read the NMAA rules for High School football then you can rebuke me, but until then your argument on youth rules is invalid. YAFL allows females to play because, although we are competitive, we will not intentionally hurt them unless a player is a sociopath. I'm not doubting a women;s ability to play football I'm just saying that they would be a distraction and would not all be able to play the amount of required playing time. Don't get me wrong, omen can play but very few have the stamina and concentration to compete at the high school level. Let me ask you something, specifically what playing level are we talking about? you started with Professional but then we moved to high school and YAFL. There is another youth football league on the East Coast ( POP WARNER ) that encourages women play the good sport of football, but like I said before there is no platform for women's professional football anywhere in our country.... BTW Augusta National Division is NCAA not pro. thank you.
Asp111

Pro

I did not check every state's laws for everything. I searched three reliable sites for "States that have laws against girls playing American Football", and I did not find anything against them playing football. The biggest thing against women playing football was that they should find a different sport to play. Others call it "Abusive" for a woman to play football. However, I do not find this t obe abusive, and if it happened to be abusive, you could not blame coaches, teamates, or the opposing team, you blame her for getting into this game.

This was a very fine debate. Thank you for your time, and good luck.
iObject18

Con

iObject18 forfeited this round.
Posted by Asp111 5 years ago
Asp111
This is my first debate.