Biologist
JohnValley

For light, black isn't a color

Biologist

Biologist

Pro

Rules

1. No plagiarism; You aren't authorized to copy someone else's work and claim it as your own. If source(s) is/are cited, it doesn't count as plagiarism.

2. Please be serious in this debate.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7-point forfeiture.

Presentation

I don't even need a picture. White is composed of some colors (This has been experimented. We have a prism. We direct white light towards its tip on the top. Because the bottom's fat, the white light is dispersed into its component colors (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) and is refracted[1]), but definitely not black. Say, I'm in a room. I'll establish this scenery. You can visually prove this yourself. If I turn on the lights, not only is the room illuminated, but some objects, depending on their molecular structure, reflect a certain color/certain colors (If the color requires a combination of colors), while absorbing others. However, if turned off, all are black. If white was also composed of black, then the room wouldn't be black when turned off.

Source

[1] The video
JohnValley

Con

White, black, gray, and pink are not colors.
Biologist

Pro

Rebuttal

"White, black, gray, and pink are not colors."

I can see that you don't really have a grasp on this concept.

Black, for light, isn't, thus affirming my resolution, thus me winning. However, white and pink are. How so? Because you can combine some colors for both white and pink.
JohnValley

Con

I understand your concept... but I see no need for a debate. I'm simply stating the fact that... White, black, gray, and pink are not colors. They do not exist in the color spectrum of light. Colors are as you said (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). The combination of all colors are seen as white. White is not a color because it cannot exist on its own. Black is not a color because it's the absent of colors. Not white light. Pink is not a color because it does not exist in the light spectrum. As mentioned before, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet make up the color spectrum of light. Pink is made by adding white to red. Just as gray is not in the color spectrum of light. It's created by adding white to black. Brown also can be considered a non-color.
Biologist

Pro

Rebuttals

"I understand your concept... but I see no need for a debate. I'm simply stating the fact that... White, black, gray, and pink are not colors. They do not exist in the color spectrum of light. Colors are as you said (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). The combination of all colors are seen as white. White is not a color because it cannot exist on its own. Black is not a color because it's the absent of colors. Not white light. Pink is not a color because it does not exist in the light spectrum. As mentioned before, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet make up the color spectrum of light. Pink is made by adding white to red. Just as gray is not in the color spectrum of light. It's created by adding white to black. Brown also can be considered a non-color."

However, speaking from the concept of colors, even if white, grey, etc. requires a combination of colors, doesn't mean that they aren't colors.

Also, I automatically win; You, my opponent, have conceded. It doesn't matter whether or not you win over me the debate about white, grey, etc. (Other than black) seeing as that is not the topic being discussed here.
JohnValley

Con

Just so you know, what I posted before that black, white, gray, and pink are not colors is fact not an opinion. You can disagree with me all you want. But it's science fact.
Biologist

Pro

Biologist forfeited this round.
JohnValley

Con

JohnValley forfeited this round.
Posted by Theunkown 3 years ago
Theunkown
This is not a debatable topic. It is too factual, why in the world did you choose this topic to debate?
It is scientific fact that black light is impossible under any circumstances (in this universe at least :P)
Posted by Biologist 3 years ago
Biologist
I'm not expected to know everything, am I? Neither are both of you. That's why I let everyone scrutinize my work. The "depending on the molecular structure of an object, it reflects a certain color/certain colors (If the color requires a combination), and absorbing the others" premise is unfalsifiable for sure. However, there can be different explanation for this which are too, unfalsifiable. Or maybe, there can be provided evidence to support such claims/such a claim as a more viable explanation.
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
You don't. This is a truism debate. It's impossible for a challenger to win this.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Um, yeah. So, how is one supposed to debate this?
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
BiologistJohnValleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not make any real arguments. Easy win for Pro.