korilakkuma
iCodyJackson

Force parents to attend parenting classes

korilakkuma

Pro

I believe every parent should attend parenting classes because the lack or parenting now is really sad, kids not even in their teens are having sex, smoking, and drinking. The last generation of parents made this generation, and this generation is kind of shitty. They let their kids watch/read bad influences that shows on the media. I feel if the parents take parenting class they would be able to control their kids more and not let them go out to drink and do drugs.
iCodyJackson

Con

Of course kids are doing stupid things, and of course a lot of it stems from bad parenting, but mandatory parenting classes are kind of ridiculous. The world cannot be a perfect place. There are going to be some shitty parents, just like there are going to be shitty children and shitty world leaders. Thats just the way the world works. Think about the good parents, should they be forced to sit in a class and be told how to parent?
korilakkuma

Pro

I didn't say that the world should be perfect its just we really wan't to see children be raised wrong? I don't disagree with you on the good parents out there but due to the low amount of good parents the children will make bad decisions. I mean think about high school teenagers will get peer pressured into doing things that the wrongly raised children do, ie smoking or doing illegal substances. If all the parents attend the class then they would know how to raise their kids not peer pressuring other children into doing something. Then we get to bullying, if parents were more aware of their kids and what they are doing to other children the teen suicide rate would not be so high. The lack of common sense is very high and if parents w/o common sense learn at least something that is common sense. If parents would tell their kids more about bullying and prevent it.
iCodyJackson

Con

The thing is if parents do drugs or drink alcohol regularly, a simple parenting class wont change anything. Parents know how they affect their children, the bad ones just dont care. I would know, my parents both do drugs, and not the occassional pot I mean pot, crack, and i'm fairly sure some meth. My parents know what they're doing and how it affects my life, yet the fact remains that they don't care. So by forcing parents like that to mandatory classes you are doing nothing but frustrating them. It won't make them stop, or even slow down. Education doesn't solve everything.
korilakkuma

Pro

korilakkuma forfeited this round.
iCodyJackson

Con

iCodyJackson forfeited this round.
korilakkuma

Pro

korilakkuma forfeited this round.
iCodyJackson

Con

iCodyJackson forfeited this round.
korilakkuma

Pro

korilakkuma forfeited this round.
iCodyJackson

Con

iCodyJackson forfeited this round.
Posted by MUSA 3 years ago
MUSA
Well, with both parents working ? Been there done that. I believe most households would fall into this category. Having some quality time with your children is what is important. Their are also children who are sick mentally, and we don't find out till it's to late. My kids were bullied at school. I told them to smack the bas**** back, just like in the old days. The heck with what the school had to say. Kids being abused are scarred emotionally. Once it's there it's there for life. I am a mean person because I was abused physically by my mother long time ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. Somehow some kids rise above it.