zaksachoad
CogitoErgoCogitoSum

Ford Vs Chevy

zaksachoad

Pro

I think Fords are better because they have been the #1 truck in the US for 33 years. Also they are the only American company that's not relying on the government to support them. They have stronger frames therefore higher crash test ratings, smooth quiet ride, Multiple cab and bed configurations, and an attractive cab. They have the lowest Hp rated motors of the domestic trucks but also better gas mileage. Chevy has large turning radius, mediocre interior storage, and many other flaws.
CogitoErgoCogitoSum

Con

My position isnt so much that Fords are NOT better. Rather, my position is that "better" is a relative term. I dont necessarily believe Fords are better or worse, just that they are different. My argument is not that Chevys ARE better. My counter argument is simply that Fords are NOT better.

"I think Fords are better because they have been the #1 truck in the US for 33 years."
Is that 33 non-consecutive years? I mean, wasnt the Ford Motor Company established back in 1903? That was 107 years ago. 33/103 < 31% of the time its the better vehicle. Appeal to Tradition?... if that is even much of a tradition...

"they are the only American company that's not relying on the government to support them. "
Implying what exactly? A premise without an inferential statement is pretty meaningless to me. To me the fact at hand implies that they have sufficient wealth not to need a bailout.... which in turn implies that they have been over charging and undermining quality all these years.

"They have stronger frames therefore higher crash test ratings (1), smooth quiet ride (2), Multiple cab and bed configurations (3), and an attractive cab (4)."
(1) Necessitated by the higher probability of a crash? Or by the lesser chance of surviving one?
(2) No real comment on this point. Most people listen to the radio or music, talk on the phone, or roll their window down anyway... people in our society fain away from "too quit" anyway.
(3) Pro is lying on this point. I have never seen a Ford, or any other make for that matter, which had multiple cab/bed configurations. All vehicles I have ever seen have had a single configuration throughout its life, short of serious alterations.
(3) Humor aside, all makes come in a variety of styles and models. No one make is synonymous with a single model and vice versa.
(4) This point is an arbitrary one, a matter of opinion that cannot be gauged, quantified, or objectively compared.

"They have the lowest Hp rated motors of the domestic trucks but also better gas mileage. Chevy has large turning radius, mediocre interior storage, and many other flaws."
I dont even know what to say to this. I wont take a Volkswagen to the moon any more than I will take a Chevy scuba diving. You buy what you need for the situation, circumstances, environment, etc. Practicality in purpose, a purpose that is as unique the individual as any mods are to a vehicle. Again, you cannot objectively compare this point without specifying the environmental conditions the vehicle is intended to perform in.
zaksachoad

Pro

"Is that 33 non-consecutive years?" No that is 33 consecutive years as America's best selling truck and for 28 consecutive years Ford F-series has been America's #1 best selling vehicle inducing cars, SUVs and vans. There for outselling its closest truck competitor by 97,000 units.

"Implying what exactly?" I'm implying that Ford Motor Company has not cheated the buyers out of there money as your suggesting, otherwise they wouldn't have been America's best selling truck for 33 years but instead thought smart maximized there assets and a changed the ways of there factory so they could still afford to keep most of there employees instead of shutting down factorys.

"Again, you cannot objectively compare this point without specifying the environmental conditions the vehicle is intended to perform in." I can compare this point because everyone is looking for the best gas mileage as well a towing compacity, and a high weight limit for the box. Besides what environment do you think i was talking about, construction workers, loggers, farmers, and the list could go on and on. You don't see lawyers, stock brokers, or rich company owner driving around in trucks in New York City do you.
CogitoErgoCogitoSum

Con

CogitoErgoCogitoSum forfeited this round.
zaksachoad

Pro

To all the people that have had previos debates does this mean I won if he forfeited his round? Please Comment
CogitoErgoCogitoSum

Con

Posted by Cody_Jersey 4 years ago
Cody_Jersey
who said that ford is the number one truck fore the last 33 years and by whose standers is it.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
The correct name is Chevrolet.
Posted by 1stLordofTheVenerability 7 years ago
1stLordofTheVenerability
Yeeeeee haw, cowboy - go Ford. :D
Vote Placed by jbasketball410 6 years ago
jbasketball410
zaksachoadCogitoErgoCogitoSumTied
Vote Placed by DebatePro 7 years ago
DebatePro
zaksachoadCogitoErgoCogitoSumTied