thisisbob
allentolemy007

Foreign (European) cars are better than American cars.

thisisbob
Started: 11/19/2013 Category: Cars

thisisbob

Pro

First round is for acceptance only.

My position: Foreign cars, especially European built, are better than American cars.

Your position: American cars are better than foreign cars.

Rules: Don't swear. That's about it.
allentolemy007

Con

so let me come to my point.your viewpoint is that european cars are better than american cars.my first argument is that the spare parts of european cars are a bit expensive and not readily available.but in case of american cars they are readily available at an affordable rate.european cars are a dream of the rich.And i referred the above from forum.whirlpool.net and yahoo answers.
thisisbob

Pro

Rebuttal: You said that European cars are too expensive. This is just simply not true. The Dacia, for example is one of the cheapest cars available,*costing only $9,800.** Volkswagen, for example, is not expensive at all.

Argument: European cars are not only better quality, and better looking than American cars, they even get more miles per gallon.*** European cars have better performance. (AKA handling, top speed, and braking.)

Speed: This is a no-brainier. And everyone knows this, I don't even need to prove this.
Braking: The European car will stop half a mile before the American one does.
Handling: Have the cars dive around in a circle. See which one is better. (Hint: It's the European one.)

European cars also look much better, I don't even need a source for this one, just look on Google images.

And Americans cannot make cool cars, according to the Rolls-Royce director. :)****

*http://qz.com...

**http://www.dacia.co.uk...

***http://jalopnik.com...

****http://www.forbes.com...
allentolemy007

Con

you just said that european cars were best.Check out the volkswagen polo which has less power compared to other cars.American car industry came down in the past time when it made cars which did not satisfy the needs of customers.But now it is the 'golden age' of american car industry.The efficiency of american cars can be felt by viewing the american president's limo built by general motors.Dodge dart,ford fusion,tesla model si,which got the 2013 trend award lift the pride of american cars.i just reffered the wikipedia.
thisisbob

Pro

Rebuttal: "Check out the Volkswagen polo which has less power compared to other cars." Maybe the Polo does, but so many, many, many other cars have SO much more power than American cars, it is definently hard to point out one of a million and say that all of them have less power. Therefore, European cars are definitely more powerful than American cars, with a few minor exceptions.

"But now it is the 'golden age' of American car industry" No it has not. Maybe in America, but you wonder why? Because it is made in America, easy to get, plenty of them all around.

"The efficiency of American cars can be felt by viewing the American president's limo built by general motors." Are you seriously serious? The President drives an American car. No way. How do you think people would react if he didn't drive American? He really has no choice.

"Dodge dart, ford fusion, Tesla model si,which got the 2013 trend award lift the pride of American cars." All of these cars are beat out by the European cars. Dodge Dart I can say nothing about, just average, no comment. Ford Fusion. Ba, BMW was always the top. Tesla Model. Nice car, however the Prius is better. (This is non-American, therefore I will use it.)

"I just referred the wikipedia." Wow, nice, reliable sources.

Argument: European cars are better than American cars all around. I kind of already told this to you. And it's true.

Points: I would like to point out that my opponent has not made am actual argument, just tried to prove my arguments wrong.

allentolemy007

Con

When i said about American presidents limo i tried to prove the efficiency of american cars not whether he use a american car.The indian president uses a mercdes S600.Did the indians react? The demand for american cars are increasing day by day.The american car ford fusion can defeat Camry and honda civic.and prius still leads as a fuel efficient car.by general motors american cars give 230 miles per gallon.america makes a number of efficient hybrid cars.for eg.chevy volt which runs on electricity and gasoline.cadillac escalade hybrid is another example.american car gives more power for least money .corvetteZRI gives 620 horsepower for about $100,000 which is one-third of lambhorghinis and ferrariis.the money is less because the money is made in dollars and european cars in euro and there is no doubt american cars are best. i reffered www.quchronicle.com/2010/02/america and globustv.net/english/page/advantage..
thisisbob

Pro

Rebuttal: “The Indian president uses a Mercedes S600.Did the Indians react?” Of course they did not! The Indians do not make any good luxury cars. Would it not be a shame for the President to drive a $2,500 Tato Nano?*

“The American car ford fusion can defeat Camry and Honda civic”. No it cannot! The Japanese are way up on the SUVs of the world, mass production at its finest. The only part that the Americans have a handle in is pickups.** as you can also see by the list on the link, Toyota Camry is top selling non-pickup in the world, followed by the Accord. Ford Fusion does not even make the list.

“And Prius still leads as a fuel efficient car.” EXACTLY! The Prius is a JAPENESE CAR, NOT American. This argument makes no sense.

“By general motors American cars give 230 miles per gallon” Such horrible grammar. And where the &%#@ did you here that from?

“Corvette ZRI gives 620 horsepower for about $100,000 which is one-third of Lamborghini's and Ferraris.” Ah, but the Lambos and other European cars offer so much more quality and likeliness and everything else, it’s worth it.***

“The money is less because the money is made in dollars and European cars in euro and there is no doubt American cars are best.” What. Was. That. Sense no all at.

“I referred www.quchronicle.com/2010/02/America” Using the same source, it says “Over the course of 2009, the American automotive industry faced what was quite possibly its worst year since the creation of Ford. By the summer of this past year, Chrysler and General Motors, better known for Dodge, Jeep, Chevrolet and Cadillac vehicles, collectively filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Throughout the rest of the year, Pontiac and Saturn would be no more, and both Saab and Hummer would be sold to other foreign companies.” This shows just how unreliable the American car companies are. They could “crash” at any moment.

"I used... globustv.net/english/page/advantage.." WHAT THE FREAK! THAT IS A REAL ESTATE COMPANY IN FRANCE! What does real estate have to do with this?

http://www.carwale.com...

http://blogs.cars.com...

http://www.lamborghini.com...

Argument: The European cars definently have a much better handle on the car manufacturing than the Americans. For all of the reasons that I have stated above; handling, braking, style ect. All of these reasons are my reasons, AND the reasons are why I should win this debate. Also add to the fact that my opponent does not provide reliable evidence (more like weird evidence) and has horrible spelling, (there IS spellchecker on this thing) are the reasons I should win.

Vote for Pro!

allentolemy007

Con

Here i am concluding about the benefits of american cars by saying their benefits............................

Due to the oil crisis at the end of the last decade, the mindset of the automotive consumer changed rapidly and almost immediately. What was once an industry dominated by the thirst for power and appearance has become a battle for the most fuel-efficient and durable car. Hybrid models have seen a heavy increase in popularity, and makes like the Prius have been not only the choice of the common man, but also renowned celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio. For once the average American citizen could drive the car of their favorite actor and save the planet at the same time.

American cars seemed doomed from the get-go. Traditionally focusing on power and aesthetic value, American companies had to shift their focus into their opponent"s territory, attempting to beat foreign autos at their own game. But for the first time in a while, American cars have taken the lead of the pack. The following is a list of why the next time you go car shopping, you may want to consider some home-grown transportation:

ONE-UP. In response to Toyota and Honda controlling the markets for fuel-efficient cars, American companies have one-upped every model the foreign companies have put out. This past year"s Motor Trend Car of the Year belonged to the Ford Fusion, beating out the Toyota Camry and Honda Civic. While the Prius still leads as the most fuel-efficient vehicle, coming at the end of 2010 is the Chevy Volt, which is considered an electric-hybrid, running on both electricity and gasoline. What"s even more shocking is that it is estimated by General Motors to get up to 230 miles per gallon in the city. American car companies have also created numerous hybrid models for SUVs and trucks, such as the Cadillac Escalade hybrid. We have truly become a hybrid nation.

MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. Along with providing the most fuel-efficient cars on the market, American motors still deliver the most power for the least cost, and do it with more excitement than ever. The Corvette ZR1 puts out more than 620 horse power for about $100,000; a third of the price of more exotic autos like Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS" Over the past few months, the Japanese automotive industry has had numerous pitfalls. Toyota has recalled more than 5 million vehicles due to accelerator problems, and has also ceased to produce at least eight of its popular models. Honda has also had its fair share of recalls, taking back more than 1 million cars due to airbag issues and overheating of interior parts. For two companies that have prided themselves on product quality over the past years, it seems the tide has begun to turn.

I think that europeann cars does not have this benefit. These are some of the many reasons why they are best.......................................................

From all these we can surely conclude that american cars are better than european cars as the european cars does not have this qualities.I am thanking my pro for debating with me.

I hope that the voters be in the con side of this debate and vote for con................

THANK YOU
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
Yeah. Thank you. :) and Good deabte I guess. (Sort of)
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
YOU CHEATER! The last argument came from this page. http://www.quchronicle.com... Plagiarism is bad.
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
Wow, after all that bad grammar. :) Are you sure you did not just paste the argument from some website?
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
@Ndedo: What do you mean?
Posted by ndedo 3 years ago
ndedo
Well this topic HAD potential... Not much of a debate though.
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
Yeah
Posted by allentolemy007 3 years ago
allentolemy007
It is now i saw the comment page.Same as you this is my first debate.so i hope it will be a good starting.
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
@Ragnar. I am not sure what you mean, this is my first debate, sorry. I would like to think that people would vote for the better argument, the more convincing argument.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Please add a standard of measurement, so this can be voted on fairly when finished.
Posted by Skynet 3 years ago
Skynet
Apples and oranges.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
thisisboballentolemy007Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism...
Vote Placed by ndedo 3 years ago
ndedo
thisisboballentolemy007Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This wasn't even a contest. All arguments made by Con were off-topic and ineffective. The final round included a several-paragraph segment supporting Con's side--but a quick google search brought me to the article that he clearly copied and pasted from, without citing. It was apparent that it wasn't Con's writing because of the basic following capitalization and punctuation rules. All points justifiably go to Pro.