zephandebates
NorCaI

Forks are better than spoons.

NorCaI has forfeited round #3.
Started: 12/21/2017 Category: Funny
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

zephandebates

Pro

What a topic.

I will be arguing that forks are in fact better than spoons, and Con will be arguing that spoons are the superior to forks. Sporks are not to be mentioned in this argument.

Forks are the best possible utensil. Forks have the ability to stab, which allows for far more eating potential, far more potential than spoons will ever have. Forks with this ability are able to eat things like steak, pizza, or spaghetti. With a spoon, these foods are near impossible to eat.

Now, some may argue that spoons are superior in that they have a scooping ability, but the fork also has this. Eating ice cream is more than possible with a fork and this argument is now invalid. More examples of the fork's scooping ability would be macaroni cheese and mashed potatoes.

My last contention is fondue. Some might say that fondue is a plus one for spoons, but fondue forks exist. Sorry buddy!
NorCaI

Con

I find spoons to be superior to forks, though a specific type of spoon, which would be the grapefruit spoon. With this type of spoon, you could consume both solids and liquids, with the end of the spoon being a bit edgy, sharp enough to cut through most edible foods. The fork doesn't allow the eating of soup and in most types, cereal as well.

(Though a spork rules above both.)
zephandebates

Pro

In your argument, you mentioned grapefruit spoon's ability to both scoop and stab. This, however, is not nearly as useful as a utility compared to a fork. With only one sharp edge, stabbing is not as easy as compared to a fork's three or four prongs. Even with the pointed edge on this spoon, salad is near impossible to eat!

In regards to your second contention, while forks may not be able to eat cereal, they are far better for eating pancakes, which are better than cereal anyways. As for soup, just drink it, silly.
NorCaI

Con

Couple of things.

1: Yes, forks are superior to spoons when eating a salad.
2: Drinking soup out of the bowl may cause spillage, and using a straw, would result in it being clogged, depending on the type of soup.
3: While I can't deny the deliciousness of pancakes, I can say a good bowl of cereal is better for the bones.
zephandebates

Pro

In conclusion, my opponent has done nothing to refute my points, and has only provided his own. In the end, forks are superior due to their stabbing ability, which the spoon lacks. While the spoon may have some advantages, the disadvantages far outweigh them. As from the evidence provided, it is clear who the winner of this debate is. Forks.

I would like to sincerely thank you for debating me.
Posted by zephandebates 1 month ago
zephandebates
thx
Posted by SageistSage 1 month ago
SageistSage
That's a pretty harsh roast from Pro on Round 2
Posted by wagwan_pifffting 1 month ago
wagwan_pifffting
SPORKS ARE THE BEST AND IF YOU ARGUE OTHERWISE YOU will be eaten by a toe leg spoon