Agent_D
Cooperman88

Freedom of expression - religion is an expression

Agent_D

Pro

If you believe in freedom of expression, you believe in freedom of expression for views you don't like.

"A world would be a better place without a religion"???????

Religion is an expression, so by disregarding this basic expression(religion) We are disobeying the Rights of others.

***** please limit to 10 sentences for every round.
Cooperman88

Con

Since I'm limited to ten sentences, I will give you my arguments, without really backing them up, and if you would like me to back them up then I will feel that I have liberty to go longer than ten sentences next time.

1. Freedom of expression is not an inalienable right, therefore not all people have the freedom of expression.

2. Sometimes by taking lesser rights away from others, we promote more important rights.

3. The idea that religion should not be in the world is just another expression, and therefore you cannot hold the view that others shouldn't hold a view.

4. You haven't said why it is important to have a right to expression.

5. Right of expression hurts our government. People speak out against our government, and this hurts things like credibility. When credibility drops, the ability to change things in the government decreases. When a government can no longer act, then it has lost the ability to govern, and we see this happening today.

Thank you, and good luck.
Agent_D

Pro

We both bound in a 10 sentences, I would rather rebut the main core of your argument.I will focus on No. 5

"Right of expression hurts our government. People speak out against our government, and this hurts things like credibility. When credibility drops, the ability to change things in the government decreases. When a government can no longer act, then it has lost the ability to govern, and we see this happening today."-cooperman88

>>>>>>the main reason why governments suppress free speech/expression is to avoid accountability.
>>>>>>Freedom of speech/expression is a fundamental right which is essential for the discovery of truth,needed for rational inquiry,the basic value in society.
Cooperman88

Con

Arguments 1-4 were completely dropped, and just because I spent more time with number five doesn't mean 1-4 don't count. So I'm still winning all of those.

I'm still winning number 5 because he makes claims that aren't proven, like the basic value of society is rational inquiry. I say the basic value of society is to provide a foundation upon which all people live, and work off of. We see this happening in everyday life. When that claim falls, then his first precedents don't matter. Not only that, but he still hasn't said why expression is a fundamental right. Even after I said it isn't.

So if you look to the first four arguments I presented and also to the argumentation on my fifth argument, then you should clearly see how I am winning and vote accordingly.

Agent_D

Pro

Dropping the first 4 numbers, doesnt mean that the respondent fail to rebut the idea of proponent or no idea to respond on it at all. (Honestly those numbers have nothing to do with the main core of argument)I keep ignoring those number because of the parameters setting.

>>>to realign in argument No. 5.

from the time you are responding on this debate, You, yourself are using your expression that all human being are bound to. Your fundamental right.

We are humans, a rational being. being a rational we are bound to express what we feel, even from the time we are born!

" Speak out!Express what you feel! this is your right, your fundamental right!" Express your idea by voting! Speak out by voting. this is why human evolve.

thank you.
Cooperman88

Con

In this round I am going to prove why even if you give argument number five to my opponent, I should win the round.

My third argument in my first speech should win me the round. If my opponent says that freedom of expression is good, yet he doesn't think people should express their beliefs that religion is bad, then he is contradicting himself. He says that freedom of expression is bad, yet doesn't think I should express the views that I am debating. How can he say my view is bad? It is just another expression of my beliefs. So by holding him to his own standard, I must win this round. He says "from the time you are responding on this debate, You, yourself are using your expression that all human being are bound to. Your fundamental right." This is exactly what I'm talking about, and is why I should win this round.

Posted by orville 8 years ago
orville
although there were arguments that were not rebutted by pro, it still doesn`t make any sense why con doesn`t believe that it`s freedom of expression isn`t fundamental.. it`s very vivid that it is.. the arguments of both debaters were lacking for me.. i think they could`ve spread the debate`s parameter more than 10 sentences, since this is a debate and pro raised the freedom of expression issue.. in a way, it`s a bit obfuscating.. but due to much evident arguments, i give this round to pro for being evident..
Posted by XsamacadoX 8 years ago
XsamacadoX
still, he didn't prove it was. but con made a far better argument. just remember to vote on the debate not your beleifs!
Posted by Johnicle 8 years ago
Johnicle
I vote Pro...

RFD- I voted PRO because he proved to me that religion is a freedom of expression, or CON didn't disprove that it was not. PRO said religion is similar to other expressions which was dropped except for CON saying that he said religion wasn't an expression (this contradiction) but I reviewed the debate and found no contradiction of the sort. I am left with pulling through that religion is an expression and the right is good... PRO.

Thanks for the round.
Posted by Agent_D 8 years ago
Agent_D
before I rebut your argument, I would like to clarify that I'm against to the Idea that religion should be banned and to considered a provokers of chaos in all society. My Point of argument is very simple.. Did Religion is unconstitutional?
Vote Placed by The_Devils_Advocate 8 years ago
The_Devils_Advocate
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by orville 8 years ago
orville
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by PreacherFred 8 years ago
PreacherFred
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by Agent_D 8 years ago
Agent_D
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 8 years ago
liberalconservative
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by Danielle 8 years ago
Danielle
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by Johnicle 8 years ago
Johnicle
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
Agent_DCooperman88Tied
Vote Placed by Cooperman88 8 years ago
Cooperman88
Agent_DCooperman88Tied