americanmade23
Wylted

Freedom of speech should become more free than it is in today's society

Wylted

americanmade23

Pro

I believe that in today's society that the freedom of speech has become less free and is becoming even less free as the days go on. an example would be, you cannot say anything against the president and his family that is negative in any way without some type of reprimand. If there was truly freedom of speech then anything short of a threat to the US's leaders would be accepted open mindedly.
Wylted

Con

I accept. If anything there needs to be less freedom of speech, but my opponent needs to be more specific with where exactly he wants to increase freedom of speech, so I have something to debate against.
americanmade23

Pro

I just think that with certain people say like the president no one is allowed to be as open with their opinions without being looked down upon for not agreeing with what is being done. Now i do agree that any and all threats are not a use of freedom of speech but with some things that are said and then blocked from public view because they go against the president that that is wrong to not let it be seen.
and why do you think that their should be less freedom of speech?
Wylted

Con

People already have the freedom to threaten the president. I can threaten to kill the president right now and I promise not to be convicted of any crime. I might be more closely monitored by the secret service and experience some legal intimidation, but threats against the president are legally protected speech. The courts have to prove I have the willful intent or determination to kill the president. http://content.time.com...

President Obama. If you are reading this.. Watch you fvcking back bro!!!!

My opponent needs to advocate for some sort of freedom of speech which is not already legal, which he has failed to do up to this point.
americanmade23

Pro

your are an ignorant f*ck. if you threaten the president you go to jail. that isn't freedom of speech.
Wylted

Con

I've already cited an article that says I will not go to jail, and I will prove my point by threatening his black as$ right now.

@Obama, I will find you and lynch your black butt or nail you to a post and set you on fire.
Wylted

Con

Extend that I will lynch the shitt out of Obama.
americanmade23

Pro

what are you the stupid kkk
Wylted

Con

I've refuted the only point my opponent made by citing an article which shows that threatening the president is legal. I have also threatened to kill the president with absolutely no secret service coming to arrest me. What transpired in this debate, necessitates a vote for me, thank you.
Posted by americanmade23 1 year ago
americanmade23
my opponent made a point and followed up on that point, i still say i am right in saying we need more freedom of speech in general and always will
Posted by RevNge 1 year ago
RevNge
roflmao
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Thanks
Posted by Tminusfour20 1 year ago
Tminusfour20
This is too awesome lol
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
americanmade23WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con for Pro's atrocious conduct in swearing and insulting his opponent. Con's argument was never addressed, so Con wins arguments, too.
Vote Placed by simonstuffles 1 year ago
simonstuffles
americanmade23WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro started off well, but got a little riled by Con when he brought Obama's 'as$' came into the equation, so conduct is tied. Con had much better spelling and grammar throughout. Pro didn't fufill his BoP and Con called him out. Pro used a source.
Vote Placed by Tminusfour20 1 year ago
Tminusfour20
americanmade23WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: For Obama